To the people complaining about sms

the sms is not only to help discourage smurfs it is also to protect your account thats why its called sms protect.

edit to clarify because seem to not get it. sms protect is incase you get hacked it is there to protect your stuff yes its not perfect but its what we got

3 Likes

yeah its doing a good job at protecting people from smurfs by not letting people play the game at all.

18 Likes

Such enlightenment.

It is a shame that there are known ways to bypass it, if you want to create a smurfs.

Or maybe… That’s how it is supposed to protect?
As it actually blocks more actual players than smurfs, players that would be negatively affected by those smurfs, now have to look for another game because this one doesn’t work anymore.

My god! They are geniuses!

2 Likes

I could literally change my number or add more numbers to my account if I were to get banned so it actually doesn’t help much.

2 Likes

half the phone services dont work for sms lmfao

1 Like

If blizzard thinks SMS will stop that they’re surely mistaken :joy:, hackers literally get banned on warzone and will be on the next day. They will purchase the game again and the hacks, so if they got the money and time they will Smurf if theres a will theres a way, This is just hurting kids who dont have phones or low income players. And what will they protect I havent even gotten none of my previous skins im basically lvl 1 so no they Didn’t protect my account they wiped it.

2 Likes

yes and those are prepaid phones

so youre trying to convince me that just because a person has a different phone plan they shouldnt be able to play the game that they paid for

2 Likes

I’m using grandmas # next account, after I get banned.

I don’t think smurfs are such a great issue that it’s worth cutting off a significant part of the game’s population from playing at all.

5 Likes

LMFAO fr i have 5 family members ill use every single one of them to smurf.

1 Like

You would think having to play 100 Quickplay matches for the heroes and winning 50 Quickplay matches to unlock the ability to do Competitive would be a pretty good deterrent for a lot of people.

I know why its a good idea in theory, but in practice

1.) It locked me out, and I’m a paying customer. Since I bought OW1, I have certain entitlements in OW2, meaning I basically paid for OW2 yet I still can’t play it.

That is, without using this second option:

2.) There’s several apps you can download on the Google Play Store that will allow you to gain a phone number. I downloaded one, and used a dollar I had from Google Opinion Rewards and was able to receive text messages to use the number for the SMS thing. The best part was that I didn’t even download it FOR Overwatch 2; I just had the app installed because my I cant call a specific person without it (I don’t know why).

Clearly, this SMS thing would be great if it worked right. But it doesn’t.

1 Like

the prepaid phone modal is out dated by about 20 years when will america update

What an arrogantly, ignorant take. Bait post, dont bother responding

1 Like

who cares ive heard people using cricket/mint mobile + a lot more services cant do sms, also phone plans arent cheap nowadays

doesnt even matter since sms is gone in 2 days

Yea, I think you’re the one who doesn’t really understand what’s going on.

A bunch of people who paid for OW1 can no longer play a game they paid for. That’s the issue. Nobody cares about weak justifications for it.

I have SMS protect, but I can still understand why it’s not cool to cut off paying customers to a game they’ve played for years if they don’t have a cell phone or qualifying number.

edit: heard they just announced they’re changing this for existing OW1 players so they can play again, hurray

1 Like

Joke’s on you, grandma’s already got aimbot loaded and ready to go.

1 Like

bait post it is not its just seems people are not seeing the big picture yes its bad that people cant access there account but it is sms PROTECT they are trying to protect your account

Just make it optional :man_shrugging:t6:, if you want your account protected then go ahead, making it mandatory is just blocking people who dont have sms.

2 Likes