To people quitting ow because soldier is gay

It’s 2019 and I can’t believe there are still so many homophobic comments. Honestly we don’t need such close minded people in this community. I’m not saying we need a celebration or anything. If you don’t care, good for you. This is to the people that can’t get over it and care too much in a negative way.

Edit: Ok I see there are many people saying they can make a new hero instead of making soldier gay. Since he ‘acts too straight’. Well time to learn a lesson, don’t stereotype gay people. Also the fact that blizzard makes content about characters’ backstory is because it’s a way to connect them to the players- players that can relate. Blizzard is trying to show diversity and I appreciate it. Some wouldn’t be able to relate and that’s ok (btw I’m straight, and female). However it doesn’t mean I’m not going to play soldier anymore just because I’m straight. Just imagine you have a friend in real life and he turns out to be gay. You wouldn’t quit being friends with him just because of that as that’s a horrible thing to do. That’s not ‘fustration’, that is homophobic.

Edit again: I’m tired of people saying this isn’t true and I just wanted to call people homophobes. Creating drama by making something up was never my intention. If you want proofs go on Twitter there are plenty.

Many of you are saying there just aren’t enough character development for him to be gay; and that it doesn’t make sense.
This is character development. How about we just give it some more time and I’d love to see stories that reveal more about soldier’s and other characters’ life.

[Title edited by Forum Moderator to remove toxicity.]

283 Likes

122 Likes

Sadly posts emojis since I can’t post gifs
\(^•^)/

28 Likes

blizzard designed a hero and players fell in love with this story and/or characteristics.

some no longer do and it upsets them which is completely fine and understandable to some extend.

i hope blizzard learned their lesson.
they should only add these things to new heroes instead of existing ones.

74 Likes

It’s a video game and it’s ridiculous to introduce such things that divide the player base to begin with. If you support such division in the game, then I’ll say the same thing back to you … the game is better without you.

42 Likes

All I gotta say is:
Bye!!! We won’t miss you!

9 Likes

“better off without you” unlikely, unless their departure somehow causes all my games to no longer have 3 insta picked snipers who accomplish nothing the entire game and make my hatred of the human race grow even more.

18 Likes

Man, if they can’t handle a fictional game how in the hell they gonna face RL?

40 Likes

Can’t wait until everyone has left and the servers are empty. Then the game will be perfect!

18 Likes

They decided to get a less picked character and say he’s gay? :open_mouth:

And S76? They gave him that crude ‘dad’ barbecue apron skin and now they say he’s GAY?

Dear, gay men wouldn’t be caught DEAD in a tasteless outfit like THAT… either change the skin to something tasteful or pick someone else.

4 Likes

It’s a video game, it’s ridiculous to get your panties in a twist over an announcement like this

28 Likes

I don’t think you understand the frustration people have. I doubt any of this is homophobia.
For me I want more actual lore and not something that feels like an afterthought/marketing ploy.
Ambiguity is a nice thing to have in storytelling because it can let people have it their way without invalidating other peoples way. Let us all do that instead because it is much nicer.

Also you being condesending and saying things are better without the people literally goes against your own idea of not being closeminded, have a think about that next time, yeah?

58 Likes

No one is quitting because of this. Anyone saying so is trolling the hell out of you.

7 Likes

Fun fact: Not all gay men care about the stereotypical aesthetics of fashion and decor.

As it turns out, what you look like, how you act socially, what hobbies you have, etc. all have nothing to do with what you look for in another person.

38 Likes

Wut
Blizzard doesn’t have to learn any lesson, the homophobic people do tho!

11 Likes

I don’t mind that he’s gay or anything. I don’t care if they do that to all the characters. But honestly, I don’t see the point in bringing these statements out. I guess it helps with their back stories more, but why not just say what they are all like in the beginning like 2/3 years ago when the game came out. I feel like at this point with the game out, that people already have their own ideas of backstories for people and the writers should just leave it that way, especially for a game like this where the lore has nothing to do with gameplay. Do this for a game like WoW or something where people care more for the lore and rp about it. I’ve read OW lore and it’s good and I like to read it, but I forget about it later because it’s not important at all for anything about the game, just character interactions. It doesn’t change the way heros are towards each other because if that was the case, Talon heros couldn’t be picked when the good guy heros are picked.

6 Likes

disliking or changing an opinion of someone based on their sexuality is actually homophobia.

24 Likes

not every country is as open minded as US

3 Likes

religion and country…
it’s not accepted everywhere and changing your opinion on a character because of that is fine.

it’s blizzards fault and not those who don’t support it.

1 Like

“Everybody must absolutely like everything without question or else they have crossed the line and are horrible people”
“It’s 2019 people , disliking things or disagreeing with things has been abolished”

26 Likes