To everyone talking about overwatch going for 20$

Total Accounts OW (40mil) = accounts sold + free trial accounts (aka most that got bliz launcher and more) + smurf accounts on console (1copy many dupes)
Total Accounts CSGO = accounts sold on steam (30mil steamspy report 2018) + accounts sold on console + probably trials if there were + free ones

Little Timmy or a person from a country with depressed economy might end up being a better player and teamplayer than you and me. Except if its the 20 dollars that you’ll missing your whole life that decide the way you play.

CS:GO, RB6:S, Rocket League

Three extremely successful games that are still thriving with similar business models that are all $20 or less. If anyone thinks a drop in price means the end, they haven’t paid attention to the past 15 years of the game industry at all. This is how it goes. It happens to every game.

youre not trying to say that csgo has been sold 10million times just on console? since if not, it hasnt been bought more than ow, meaning it hasnt sold more.

next to csgo going for about 2dollars for a lot of sales, plus all the smurfs, id even argue there are more smurfs in Csgo than in overwatch, overwatch has sold better.

and this sentence barely makes sense

You don’t even give a try to understand the differences between accounts and copies and what they include in their calculations , stay there believing that 40mil accounts equal 40mil copies sold. Little Timmy would get that one :sweat_smile:

Knowing csgo is free to play now, they have “accounts” instead of “sales” nowadays. hence the boost in “sales”

Overwatch has reported as of last year may, that they had 40mil players, that number has went up since then, as a lot of the free to play accounts have turned into bought accounts.

I dont think they have 40million copies sold, nor do i think csgo has 30million copies sold. Theyve both had free trials, free to play stuff, and a lot of sales. so its better to assume by how many players there are.

No, no they reported they have 40mil accounts made, this includes the free ones. You can be a wow player that just tried it for one free weekend in 2017, you are included in the 40mil, account is created. Or you are playing overwatch and almost every free weekend like popping up 2-3 smurfs for the lols (I do), they are counted. Also, f you have a copy on console (bought the game one time), you can make as many as many accounts u like with only one copy. If you add up all these, you can understand why jeff doesn’t note copies sold, but accounts (the two numbers differ significantly).
Cs:go counter (30mil in early 18) is accounts that bought the copy only on pc/steam and just that. It sold way more.
Now who has the most active players, I believe cs:go does and the only reason is that the concurrent users are stable through the years (check steamcharts com). This is nowhere real for overwatch, they change the gameplay a lot (and for the worst lots of times in the past year and half) and drive people out. E.g 3/4 in my friendlist went rip in s10 and less than half came back, even casually. Also it had massive population based on hype.

I mean, blizzard reported back in may of 2018 that they had 10million players who played

You are the exception by far, they probably make $50-$200 average per player. That is on top of the game cost itself.

Thats the players own choice isnt it