To all the people crying about Mercy

Hey, like I said - I agree with you. I am actually a Mercy player, too (well, I flex between ~10 heroes). I am not of the mindset that she needs changes and I like her.

But, why couldn’t you have said that instead of saying, “If you don’t like her, you probably are a Mercy one trick who can’t play skillful heroes”?

It’s such a better response and discussion starter when you don’t dump on people for being frustrated, but try to offer a counterpoint in a manner that they’re likely to receive it.

4 Likes

Oof, the old “cultist” line again.

This thread is really ticking all my nostalgia boxes.

13 Likes

1 Like

it takes me many things not to make smartalec comments about the comments…BUT I DO ANYWAY

1 Like

Well not all players in GM play a multitude of heroes, I continually study the game, watch vods from pros, listen to Jayne’s streams, I have literally dedicated my life to this game. I study it non stop, everyday.

I have almost 1500 hours in this game across 3 accounts, all of which are GM. I watch streams and vods all the time, stay updated on all the balance changes, etc. I watch OW videos on youtube, constantly test the limits of what is good on the heroes I play, etc. Save the lecture dude

4 Likes

and this is how you end up doing nothing wiht your life

5 Likes

Instant giveaway that OP knows nothing about playing Mercy.

Standard dime-a-dozen assumption that Mercy “stands in one place and holds left click.”

I could say that playing Genji is nothing but double-jumping and pressing shift and/or Q, but then you’d probably tell me there’s a little more to it than that.

Don’t ridicule a hero you know nothing about.

13 Likes

As a Mercy main, I can confirm.

1 Like

I mean, going pro or joining a team in a coaching/analysis role could be a possibility.

…Just not with that attitude, generally.

i dont think even the pros dedicate this much time to the game, after all, its their job, but not their life

You’d be surprised, then.

Pros grind and grind and grind and scrim and scrim and scrim. It’s non-stop.

UPDATE 3: I may or may not be giving the cult koolaid

1 Like
2 Likes

possibly, but…they still eat and have relationships,…and the korean ones all have military experience because of korean law

Well, true, but that’s also applicable to a lot of us in other ranks.

And I want to emphasize that GM players do probably know things that you don’t, and you probably know things that they don’t. I’d consider that just…specialized knowledge, I guess?

I wouldn’t consider it, “I know more than them” - you carry knowledge that they just…can’t know, because they don’t experience what people in our rank do. Because we’re in different ranks. And while I think observation is really important in developing knowledge, I just don’t think it’s fair to say that your observations of a multitude of players in GM/vods from pros makes you more knowledgeable in the game than other people.

I’m just never a fan of, “I know more than you. Objectively.” because you can never quantify that. It’s fair to share what you just did (and btw, thanks for doing so) and explaining what you studied in the game.

Like, write it out, man. You seem to have a lot of ideas and opinions. You seem to be able to back it up. I wish you just did that from the start instead of accusing a portion of the playerbase of sucking at other heroes and that has to be the reason they don’t like Mercy. I wish you shared why you think Mercy is fine from the beginning, with the opinions you shared with me, and explaining what you’ve studied/observed.

3 Likes

Of course they don’t spend literally every waking hour in game, but it’s also quite literally their job to be good at the game. Like an athlete training for a competition, pros invest a lot of time in playing their game of choice.

1 Like

i just hope they do spend some time doing something else like…reading a book or…talking

I play mercy when she is viable, I’m not a DPS main, my career profile shows that. I do know things about her, and yes genji does more than that, to truly get value out of him you have to aim and hit shurikens to build ult and so-forth.