To all the people complaining about no ow2 news

To start from what people have told me blizzard are perfectionists, therefore the time it’s taking makes sense. While that time means there will be more to the game, a longer wait is almost certain aswell. Also they’ve hired more employees, therefore this isn’t just a year of held back content like some people are complaining. It will probably be worth the wait.

Furthermore, y’all should also be happy that ow2 was revealed, even though it’s frustrating waiting so long for even the smallest news now that we know it’s a thing. If ow2 wasn’t revealed early we would be complaining about 10ish months of barely any new content, with no explanation. Which would surely be more frustrating. Lastly I think Jeff did say we wouldn’t hear more news till next blizzcon (I forget on this one I can’t say for sure)

Now let’s look at this from a financial perspective. Why would blizzard pump out new content for an old game, which isn’t likely bringing in a lot of revenue? they already gave us 2/3 years of content (once again I forget), so why are they entitled to give us more? It would be stupid if they didn’t focus almost entirely on ow2, the longer they wait the less people are gonna care when it comes out. Now I know no content hurts people’s interest in ow aswell, but either way you sort of lose.

Okay I also want to say I get why people are mad. I’m super frustrated I probably have to wait till February for more news. It’s annoying seeing something you want but having to wait over a year for it. However looking at ow2 logically, you can’t be mad at the devs for not working faster in a pandemic.

6 Likes

tldr: blizz needs to perfect the art of making a good game and then breaking it, so lets be good boys and wait till february :slight_smile:

I could see them releasing the OW2 closed beta for PVP around right after BlizCon.

3 Likes

We will get SC Ghost for the time blizzard is ready with perfecting the game. :rofl:

Or more likely not. Speculating about things without any evidence for them only creates false expectations.

5 Likes

A lot of people used that excuse for why we got so little heroes in OW1 and I’d like to say Brig was released knowing she’d “break the game”. So I don’t know how I feel about that being used to explain why they starting holding back content. That being said, I’d rather them take 5 years to release a good story (PvE) game than have a disappointing event like game mode with little to no lore for a while.

What I’m trying to say is, it seems like Blizzard is currently trying to please the story/lore player base and in doing so is slowly making the PvP player base frustrated. I guess depending on the outcome (and by that I mean the long run outcome) we’ll see if OW2 was worth. I think if they can get back some of the interest from the public who left OW for more than 2 years it’ll be great but if they fall back into the habit of rehashing events and slow updates I don’t know how much the “replayability” of OW2 will keep people interested for.

Personally I hope that they decided to make OW2 a game instead of an expansion pack because they will make expansion packs to the OW2 story (kinda like what they do with WoW).

Blizzard hasn’t perfected anything in a long long time. They are not the same company. I would be happy if they release a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

The thing that worries me about the PVE, and this is just my opinion, will be the enemy design. Does anyone think we will be shooting anything more than robots in OW2? I somehow doubt will see baby D.VA or Mercy shooting a human being in a cutscene or story related event.

2 Likes

I think the “Blizz are perfectionists” is more about the quality of the implementation. When you compare the art and code quality to other games, Blizzard is actually really good - easily one of the best.

Though to be fair there’s a few areas where I feel they’ve slipped a bit. There’s a handful of bugs like the mei freeze hitbox that just dont seem acceptable to me.

2 Likes

Well, it doesn’t really show, judging on WoW, HotS, and OW though.
And it should never impend upon being transparent and engaging with the community that actually buys your products.

I just want to know what people want to know about OW2 that would reasonably be revealed. Take out heroes and a release date (for obvious reasons) and we know just about all there is to know.

If it was anywhere near complete, it would be in Beta right now. They probably haven’t figured out how to solve the queue time problem and have gone back to the drawing board.

from what people have told me blizzard are perfectionists

Are you sure about that? Are they sure about that?

The main reason they won’t release anything (my guess) is because whatever they do release this community will take as gospel. So if Blizzard chooses to change something before release the community will be OUTRAGED.

Perfect example… Echo.

Soooo Blizzard chose to be hush hush with details because of this community.

1 Like

I cant wait to see Sym as a antagonist for a bit, then maybe changed to a hero/die (hopefully not)

If I compare the art with let’s say Riot games it’s about on par.

I’m no coder so I’ll take your words for it.

I’d add Rein’s charge and earth shatter to that list and maybe Hog hook 1.0

Possible, but more likely a closed alpha for OWL/Streamers that they sign an NDA for and can’t talk about. That’s my prediction.

Mercy was there for the Storm Rising mission, and the enemy was Talon (primarily human beings)

True, but eventually they are gonna copy what Valorant did with the beta access codes as random drops for watching streamers.

I really hope that their idea of higher difficulty = more bullet sponge with higher damage and better accuracy only.

To me, higher difficulty do some of the top that I have mention, but it should also introduce new mobs to change the approach when comparing to the previous difficulty. Not just doing the same thing but with less room for mistakes.

I was not playing during that event. Did Mercy actually shoot a human in a cutscene or was acknowledge in any way that she killed another person? Just curious.

Probably – OW is in a weird state on twitch since they decoupled OWL with twitch and went to YT gaming, but still do events/drops on twitch.