To all Sombra mains(thoughts on the set of updated changes made just recently)

what do you think of the NEW changes the previously made to her?

I’m a little iffy about the speed reduction and cant contest the point while invisible, but overall it does make her recent changes on PTR much better. But what do other Sombra mains think?

1 Like

Really mate? With the 28 subjects open on the topic already? You’re going to have 100 baby crying reply in the hour.

-Cancelling reload is nice. Nothing major, just a bit of QoL.

-Reverting the detection radius is definitely fixing something broken. Why say she’s an ‘infiltrator’ and make her worse at it??

-The beeping Translocator was probably a bug before, to be honest.

Overall, they just softened the blow but didn’t really make anything better. Infinite stealth and TL are still pointless changes that don’t help, so Sombra is just going to be slightly worse than before.

If they’re still trying to make her better…they could’ve just taken the live version and given her some of the smaller buffs. Easy.

1 Like

I don’t play to win anyway, so i can deal with this one. Let’s see how the other 5 react.

Makes her easier for new Sombra plyers, but a little weaker for good Sombras. Not what she needed.

1 Like

have you seen the NEW changes they made again?

edit: updated my post

I still don’t get the rationale behind these changes. They buffed things that a good player should never need, while stripping away vital parts of her kit. Translocator has the most generous resource time in the game. If you’re letting it run out on you, you have no business playing Sombra to begin with. And if you find yourself staying in stealth for extended periods of time, there’s no way you’re contributing. You’re not shooting anybody, hacking anybody, or contesting. You’re basically AFK

Still not going to help me win fights. I’m done with this character.

Infinite Stealth isn’t needed - Stealth already allowed Sombra to get into a good position, and having it be infinite isn’t going to help much. Sure, you can wait a while for a perfect opportunity, but why would you even want that when you could get more out of her by doing something else instead? Infinite Stealth just encourages a much more passive and less effective playstyle.

The reduction of movement speed in Stealth from +75% to +50% (afaik) is pretty bad. It stops Sombra from making certain jumps/flanks (such as through the window on Hanamura first point defence). It also means it takes Sombra a good deal longer to close distance between enemies, and overall just slows her game-play down drastically.

Infinite Translocator isn’t all that helpful in my opinion, twenty seconds was already enough time to do what you wanted to do. I’m more happy about the fact Translocator can now be reset with a button press.

As for the updates to these changes on PTR:

• Reverting the detection distance from 4M to 2M is good, I have no idea why it was upped to 4M in the first place.

• Not having to look at Translocator to destroy it is alright, a bit of a QoL change.

• Lowering the Translocator sound effect is good, but again, why was this even louder in the first place?

• EMP against Minefield is a decent change. I imagine this was intended from the start, anyways.

• I really like the sound of cancelling reload with Hack. This is good.

They haven’t made any mention of the horrifically loud ‘detected’ noise that seems to have a range of 30-40M. It’s excruciatingly loud for some reason.

Overall though the changes aren’t going to help Sombra much. Infinite Stealth and Translocator weren’t really needed at all and we’ve received some pretty significant nerfs in return, those being the much lower Stealth speed, the loud Stealth noise and the inability to contest points. Overall I think I’d rather not have the PTR changes. These changes don’t fix Sombra’s issues and giving her infinite Stealth doesn’t help.

I do not understand why Sombra needs to have her movement speed lower from 10 mps to 7,5 mps, when Hammond has permanent 10 mps movement speed while in ball form. What is the justification for this nerf? Sombra can’t do anything in Stealth anyway, while Hammond can deal damage in his ball form. It just seems like a ridiculous change.

Other then that I guess it’s fine. Although, I still don’t see how these changes are going to have any impact on Sombra’s pick rate, at all. How exactly does infinite Stealth and Translocator increase her value? ¯\ (ツ)

still a nerf over all, it encourages leaving your team 5v6 for longer. Live Sombra is stronger imo.

The fact that this wasn’t a thing by default proves how clueless they are. This isnt a transformation ult, it should have been able to be emp’d from the jump.

Sombra is the new Sym to Devs, where they thought Non Healing Support was a good thing for the team depending on the Utility.

Sombra Basically that But Dps.

I think the devs thought was this.
First, they have no plans to give her better mobility. They must think she has enough.

Which if she isnt invisible she is one usless walking target. Therefore their next idea is make her “sneakyer” so she can hack any target with ease.
However, as the Sombra mains say, they already gave up about the visible part and use invisibility as simple speedboost. Run as fast as they can, hit targets and get out, then run again like a marathon.

If that is the popular use of Sombra I guess these buffs really dont fit well. Not that they are bad though.