Tired of Mystery Heroes

Can it leave arcade for however long it’s been in it? It’s really stupid it’s the only permanent game yet more fun modes are rarely in arcade and most of the time there’s 2 of the same mode available to play at the same time

9 Likes

Mystery Heroes is the most fun Arcade mode.

6 Likes

Actually, no limits is the best.

3 Likes

Mystery heroes is probably permanent because, hands down, it’s the BEST way to introduce newer players (or even older ones) to the uncharted sections of the roster.

Just make it so you get somewhat balanced comps more often so you don’t get those 4 tanks and 2 dps comps, give some sort of return for ult charge, and it’s perfect.

6 Likes

It’s the only one I like to play, so I hope it stays. It’s always 6v6 and it uses traditional game rules as far as the objectives go. The others are all too gimmicky for any real practice.

It’s also my go-to when I’m playing with friends and we can’t get a QP game where the other members of our team will play anything other than dps. I also find it to be good for practice. It forces you to master every hero and use whatever their abilities are in whatever crazy scenario you’re dropped into to their maximum effectiveness.

2 Likes

I’m tired of it, too. It’s always Mystery Heroes, 1 or 2 death match modes, and then a random mode (which is usually CTF or Mayhem). Arcade has gotten stale.

Quickplay does this too even though nobody really tries in it. Plus there’s custom games and AI. No reason to have a place that’s supposed to be for fun used as a practice range

Custom game, one of the death match modes, comp

From the arcade card:
“New game modes! New rules! New maps”
Have you seen any new game modes or rules with mystery heroes?

Nobody plays custom games on console, death match is gimmicky and doesn’t use traditional rules, and I can’t comp with my friends. Our SR is too far apart.

Why? That’s the only mode where i see other people play healer

Other the the holiday/event ones? No, not really.

1 Like

That’s an interesting way to spell least.

2 Likes

Because they’re forced to and whenever I get support and nothing else for the entire game I want to quit because it’s even more boring than the game

They need to make Retribution/Uprising co-op part of the regular cycle.

Mystery Heroes is my most played game mode over the last few months. It’s the big reason I haven’t left OW to be honest. It’s fun and you don’t have to stress about what heroes your team picks. You also earn the arcade loot boxes too.

“last few months” is the big one here. No other more fun arcade game has been in near as long

While my personal favorite acade mode is no limits along with 3v3, I beilive blizzard had a poll awhile back on best arcade mode and mystery hero’s won convincingly.

If anyone knows how to find this poll could you please post it.

It’s one of my most played modes because it allows me to play characters I would never play in comp or even QP and plus there is some strategic depth that I don’t feel a lot appreciate that you don’t get in a stand match of QP or comp.

You have to have a bit of a different approach to be successful because some characters are just more valuable to have than others and some ultimates can be a huge turning point depending on what team comp the enemy has.

So if you have a valuable character or ultimate you have to be even more careful with you’re life because you can be a huge factor in your team winning and if you’re going against a valuable character you need to figure out how to take them down.

Mercy is the most valuable character not only because of her healing but she can negate ultimate charge loss and swing the ultimate advantage to her team with rezz.

Bastion and Torb are in a tier close to that because they can wreck teams that don’t have the comp to deal with them and they are usually the next two you want to focus down.

Supports in general are high value because obviously healing is a huge factor that will swing fights in your favor.

Sombra can be really valuable because hacking health packs will bleed a team dry when you have to rely on RNG to get support thus heals.

Pharah, Junkrat and Reaper have useful ultimates because usually you can take out a high value target with them.

And some exceptions to all of this is if you have someone that can play Widow, Tracer, or Genji at a high level they can really dominate in this mode.

1 Like

Also randomize the heroes between rounds so the winning team doesn’t keep its steamroll comp for the next round.

Won by 7% out of only 7300 votes. Not really the favorite game mode

This is competitive. If you want to try new heroes, you go to quickplay or play another arcade game. Mystery heroes should not be the only reason you play new heroes

It’s not truly random. If it was, there’d be a lot less 2-3 of the same hero on the same team. 1/27 is not low enough odds for it to happen

Still waiting on this “balanced” mystery heroes jeff

1 Like