Tips for playing with people out of voice

Ya know they say focus on your own gameplay but it gets harder and harder especially in a game like ow2 where losing even 1 player can be the end of a team fight.

1. Be willing to counter swap, like a lot like a lot a lot your gonna need to make up for ALL of there shirt comings.

2. Decide fast if you should help that person AT ALL or if you should do your own thing, people out of voice will “Cut” off any make shift coordination you think yiu have at the worst possible times I recommend not trying to support them I mean you can but decide quickly if its worth your time.

3. If your on support and you have 2 defensive ults always always let them ult first, Okay no one on your team is a mind reader not you not your tank if someone plays out of vc it is there job to stop the Death blossom or the earth shatter or the whatever with trance or rally, you have second priority ult at all times.

4. This is something I call out anyways and thats die on point, you might think “well everyone knows that” well now that were done living in lala land it is your job to die on point virtually everytime, like don’t try and get out even once, if a team fights over stop the cart or the bot for as longbas you can and then just die.

5. There’s no need to type or be mean or blah blah, if there as bad as they usually are from my experience avoid and go next just learn something from that game and don’t tilt.

It’s comp your gonna have a lot of problems, but disclaimer a LOT of things differ by rank.

Wth???

4 Likes

You’ll die if you try and support there flanks or plays or anything, like I said they will leave you to rot at the worst times.

Example 1 your on Kiriko right? You see them going for a play a very aggressive play you tp in obviously there gonna need some help you to try and help get you some Kunai off maybe drop a suzu ANNNNDDD there gone

I’m not always in voice and I don’t do this… I don’t want to be forced to be yelled at in voice just to get help

2 Likes

You’ll get basic help its up to that person to decide weather your worth there life or not, dying to help someone who isn’t gonna help you back issss kinda dumb…

Ok but not everyone who doesn’t want to face abuse in voice isn’t going to help you

2 Likes

Not everyone its your job to decide that and evaluate the situation.

Has it sunked in yet? I always cover my bases

It’s almost like they didn’t need help and you made a bad choice.

2 Likes

Yes which again its your decision to decide to stop making that choice.

This is called playing your life, now obviously 2 people can get more kills then 1 buttt sometimes its not worth it

So…

I haven’t joined voice chat in six years.

There’s a ping system in the game for a reason.

People don’t hear me pinging 100x that enemies are behind us or that Pharah is at 1 hp or that I need help or peels or heals, they aren’t going to hear me in VC either.

Staying out of voice chat means I can hear everything going on around me. I can hear which heroes are being hit and taking damage so I can heal them much faster than if I was relying on them calling it out in voice chat, because there is a delay between someone being hit, saying they are being hit, and then my response. There is a much shorter delay between me hearing someone being hit and then turning to heal them.

I can hear every footstep. Nobody sneaks up behind me (with the exception of Venture who certainly is bugged because she makes no noise even when burrowing behind you).

If you are my second support and you’re holding your ult because I have mine and you think I’m automatically going to use it first, you’re sabotaging my game. I’m not going to just blow my ult if we both have it, I’m going to use it when I deem it necessary/the best fit for the situation.

My winrate went up exponentially when I stopped joining voice. My situational awareness likewise went up exponentially. You couldn’t pay me to get in voice with whining toxic people who scream random stuff, chew potato chips, belch in my ear, flirt with me/flame me for being a female and no other reason, make incorrect calls/wrong calls/late calls, and who know nothing more about the game than I do—which is why we are in the same rank.

My game experience is only enhanced by not being in voice. If you behave differently because I’m not in voice, that is YOU who is not willing to work as a team. That is YOU who are negatively affecting MY game. That is YOU and your attitude making your own experience worse.

I like you man, why’d you have to go and lower my opinion?

An old video, but 100 percent still relevant:

https://youtu.be/vFiwj1-Ctl0?si=cpnkMvFmM6glIf_T

3 Likes

That’s fine,
Sorry I thought youd be more intelligent then that.

When your out of voice and they use an ult like shatter, bob, flux.

Is anyone on your damn team a psychic? Answer me that 1 question.

No one magically knows when your gonna ult that isn’t how this game works, yes you are throwing because people rightfully expect you to counter the ult unless told otherwise and that your saving your ult for something else.

When my Zen hears a tac visor I expect a trance why would I tree there? Why would I sound barrier? Why should we stack ults?

Who on your team has this information of you not planning to do X outside of you?

Do you think its smart to overlap 2 support ults when you only need 1?

Also yes like I said we will work as a “Team” unless you get us killed no one’s throwing just because someones out of VC, there just not expecting you to do things a more coordinated team would do…

Like rotate ults, or peel, or collapse on a target (well you can ping that but it’s iffy).

This is just how to work “around” people out of vc, no one “Needs” to baby you they don’t “need” to hold your hand technically Kirikos option of “Playing as a team” is going into the enemy backline and getting a pick?

Is she throwing? Is she not playing as a team? If you aren’t below I’d say plat then obviously not shes simply playing Kiriko.

But this isn’t about throwing or not supporting someone just because there out of voice, it’s about “YOU” and things “YOU” can expect and things “YOU” should avoid, and if “YOU” Die over and over trying to help someone you probably shouldn’t be “YOU” are the problem.

My biggest tip for people who play IN voice chat is to not assume whoever is talking actually knows what they are talking about.

Usually you get 1 or maybe 2 avid speakers in voice chat who make call outs and suggest plays, but a lot of the time these are just utter rubbish. People just assume they know what they’re talking about because “oh they’re talking, they must know what’s best”. I’d rather no one talk and communicate than one person communicate utter nonsense and end up costing the game.

That’s all the wisdom I am gonna share today.

4 Likes

This is valid as well, it’s kind of a 2 way street sorta deal.

Everyone is capable of hitting tab and tracking ults. Everyone is capable of watching a Rein or a Reaper and knowing there is an ult incoming. If my ult is not right for the situation but I know you have yours, I’m going to assume you will use your more appropriate ultimate.

I’m not wasting transcendance to save one person if not everyone is together and it’s an ult they could have avoided. I’m not wasting trans if Weaver has tree, period—since tree not only heals but blocks LOS. There are exceptions to this rule, but it depends on the situation. This is why I say to you that I am not just going to automatically blow my ult unless it fits the situation.

Why would you expect a trans for a tac visor unless the 76 has clear LOS on your entire team and everyone is together? Tac visor is a single target ultimate that can be blocked by cover. If it comes to trans or tree, tree is better for tac visor because… it blocks LOS. Not only does it heal anyone the 76 manages to hit, but it can render his entire ult useless because he can’t hit anyone in the first place. Further, why wouldn’t people just run into cover when they hear it?

I’m only blowing trans for tac visor if 76 is flanking high ground and my entire team is vulnerable in the open.

I think it’s smart to use whichever ultimate fits any given situation. What I am saying to you is that if you just hold your ult expecting the other person to always ult first, you’re potentially throwing a fight because YOUR ult might be more appropriate for the situation. Further, if you refuse to do things with/for a teammate just because they aren’t in voice, it’s YOU who are refusing to play as a team.

If you have eyes and can hit tab and have any game knowledge at all, rotating ults doesn’t need to be called.

If you have ears and can hear and eyes and can see, you know when someone needs a peel.

If you have ears and can hear and eyes and can see, you can see when an enemy target is taking damage and when your teammates charge at them.

This happens with everyone regardless of whether or not they are in voice.

I will not subject myself to toxicity and lessen my situational awareness for people who are no more skilled at the game than I am.

2 Likes

Yes I mean obviously your not gonna trance a rampage youd sound barrier that

What rank you playing at where soldiers are actually good enough to visor from high ground?

You put wayyy to much trust in your teammates which hay might be a good thing

that only works if your team knows what theyre doing, but if they dont, everyone just runs up and dies one by one

you can also get the occasional tracer or sombra trolling your team so that you cant get there in time to help

I think I found the problem

1 Like

If your playing dive there’s legit no reason not to do this? Like if your teams going for a hard engage you don’t just stay in the back let your tank/team go in and die.

I need to start asking people they ranks.

kiri can climb walls; unless you tp indoor, into wide open space, or waste suzu you should be good to wait for swift step again unless your flanker gets out flanked immediately

1 Like

i press the ultimate status voiceline and use a ping or something

3 Likes