Thoughts on Brig Nerfs as a Tracer Main

You’re talking in circles, what you say has nothing to do with what I said.

I said they are picked because of their utility, not to take hits for other tanks. That doesn’t mean they cant take hits for other tanks, it means that’s not why they are picked

I wholeheartedly agree

Oh yeah. That’d be a HUGE buff to rein.

Also… I wonder if this means two Brigs can’t bash each other…

Turns her into an even lower skill hero imo.

If anything, they should keep reducing the bash cone or the length of the stun itself. And just leave the rest alone.

1 Like

If it’s long enough for me to get discorded, it’s long enough for the rest of my deathball to roll over him. Shield Bash isn’t what makes Winston bad against her, and she’s still just as good against the rest of the dive heroes.

Dive is gone and it’s not coming back.

It’s exactly why you pick two tanks, same reason you pick two healers. Yes, the utility is a part of it, but you don’t go with just one tank and duplicate the utility with one of the many DPS/Support heroes who can duplicate it, or even better it.

No if you picked tanks soley off their ability to take hits for each other, orisa rien would dominate, but that’s considered a throw comp.

This isn’t wow, you don’t need to just hold aggro, you need to be able to solve problems and make plays as well, which is why the utility of off tanks is a must.

Agree, Orisa/Rein don’t have great synergy, but Rein/Winston work okay, and Rein/DMBot.Va did too.

And Winston/D.Va is all about protecting each other.

rien Winston doesn’t work at all in organized play it gets eaten alive because there is no utility.

this is an example of utility. people use the dva in this situation because they are running deathball but need to be able to contest high ground.

off tanks are used to solve problems the main tank cant while giving main tank support.

…this is the first time I’ve seen solid reasoning for why it’s a good nerf. I disagree with it, for the reason that as the only hero who would have that disadvantage it’s a negative uniqueness, but your points make sense and I can sympathise with the point of view you’re taking. Good job.

Pharah, Junkrat, Sombra can contest high ground. There’s very good reason you don’t use them in place of D.Va or Winston to do so.

Yeah hate to break it to your argument guys but this argument is litterally going nowhere and honestly you’d be better off arguing about something the OP’s post instead of this tiny tid bit of a post I wrote down in a minute

Dude… You need a tanky high damage character like D.Va to contest the S76 on the high ground not a Junkrat or a Sombra… If any of the characters you mentioned try to contest the S76 that’s just called feeding.
Do you know how the game is played? How space is created? Yikes

no correlation to anything I said. Other heros being able to contest highground doesn’t change the reason you pick a tank that can contest high ground.

okay pharah can contest high ground. Are you going to send a pharah after a widow?

because they don’t have the utility needed to solo contest high ground.

While nothing you are saying is wrong, it does not change the reason you pick off tanks.

I digress you probably will never accept anything I say as the truth, and will continue to dance around words and argue semantics, so im moving on.

I know how the game is played, but again, I mean, literally Ashe can do as you describe against that Soldier, or you could use Widow. But you wouldn’t ever replace your second tank with a DPS that can offer the same utility.

Funny thing is this turns Brig fights into a sort of game of chicken where the first one to drop their shield to swing or uses their bash first loses. It’s going to be hilarious to see more experienced Brig players posing and walking around while staring each-other down.

that’s the point of what they are saying, you send dva because she is tanky, which isn’t wrong. The point being argued here is you pick off tanks for utility, not to take hits for other tanks.

their point was a non argument, because it didn’t have anything to do with “you pick off tanks for utility not to take hits” but I entertained it anyway.

I love this part, I highly doubt many Tracer players can do that, but if it happens that doesn’t mean Tracer is OP or whatever it just means you go outplayed.

Overall, I love the fact tanks can actually play the game now, whenever I played Tracer as OP said it was much easier to deal with Brig as Tracer

This is how Melee VS Melee fights should be. The first person who engages should lose.
So you can’t hard engage unless you or one of your DPS baits out an ability from their Melee. This is a good change. It’s how it has been in every other game.

1 Like

I said they should do this from the beginning… It’s funny they only do it now.

Thanks for reading my post. :slight_smile: