Thoughts about New Blood Issue #2?

Fareeha’s reunion with Ana is all we’re hoping to see. Fareeha seems to be grown attached to Helix as she still chose not to join the new Overwatch after being invited by Tracer, then Reinhardt and finally Brigitte. She is also reluctant to go with Cassidy and meet Ana until he tells her that Ana felt regret for holding Fareeha’s dreams back from joining Overwatch.

Her relationship with Ana didn’t look very sour as we thought, like she still kept some photos of her with Ana and other Overwatch members, such as riding on Winston’s back, ice-fishing with Reinhardt, hanging out with Angela & Cassidy, etc.

Fareeha still refers Ana as her mother instead of calling Ana’s first name and she also shares a hug with Ana before leaving. As Ana patched Fareeha up, she acknowledged her mistakes in the past for keeping her away from Overwatch and viewed Fareeha as an equal instead of ordering her around like an authoritative figure.

I’m hyped for the next issue as Baptiste’s appearance isn’t what I’ve expected. I would like to know about Fareeha’s father (Sam), their relationship seems positive as Fareeha visited him in every Christmas, she can discuss with him about Ana and whether she should stay in Helix or join the new Overwatch.

5 Likes

Since I’m lazy, I put my thoughts in General, so if you’re interested, I have my own critique.

fantastic, considering that in the Winter Wonderland voicelines this activity with Reinhardt is canonical. :hugs:

I don’t think we’ll know anytime soon, but it’s fair enough that they put Pharah aside rather than making it an “ok, I’ll join and follow”. it would have been particularly difficult to manage for the next few volumes, I suppose.

3 Likes

I liked it well enough. The reunion wasn’t melodramatic like I thought it’d be, though I do wish they’d gone a little more into Ana keeping Pharah out of Overwatch. They probably could’ve cut the pointless ambush and fight scene, but the art more than made up for it.

Also, there’s still a disconnect between the antagonistic Helix portrayed in Valkyrie and Pharah’s Helix. I thought that was done so that she would have a good reason to leave her rank and status behind to join Vigilantewatch. It could still come up of course, but Ana didn’t seem too concerned about her staying with Helix despite being there during the incident in Cairo.

1 Like

I think Pharah is held back from relationships with colleagues, which in her old comic she highlighted as a new family after Ana.

direct accountability on the AI Anubis could be a viable choice to stay and trust Helix. it is very likely that she has chose this option, although it might be more natural on D.Va in Busan.