Those Mcree changes

I just tried hm out. He shoots so fast

1 Like

Ashe vs McCree just got more interesting now.

2 Likes

He can’t get to high ground, so he’s still a sad boi.

7 Likes

Well, he will be always awful there. I’m talking about in a 1v1 situation fight.

Where can I find these patch notes?

1 Like

Guess if was a good time to learn McCree.

That followup on flash will be even easier now lol

He’s the worst precision hitscan character in game and is one of the worst heroes in game in terms of winrate. He’s a garbage hero who’s only role right now in higher tiers is to counter Pharah on maps where Widow isn’t as good. Not to mention this is assuming the player still lands all of his shots, as his base damage hasn’t been affected and is still entirely dependent on player skill.

And you’re against buffing that?

5 Likes

Lowest winrate in the game btw

1 Like

The problem lies in how they are trying to improve Mcree. It’s a proven failure way to go about it. It didn’t work for Roadhog, it didn’t work for Bastion or Hanzo. Giving a hero that lacks utility and mobility more raw dmg just makes them broken and unfun to play against.

Either he does so much dmg he kills people quick enough for his own low survive ability to not be a factor, or he dies. You know good old one shot Roadhog days. Frankly I would of rather seen something like giving him a second flash bang or something, or you know fixing the bugs so the thing didn’t miss half the time and pass straight through people.

3 Likes

Anyone that has actually played McCree (and can spell his name) know it won’t increase his dps by 25% on anything but paper. Why? Because literally no-one holds his fire to actually shoot once every 0.5 seconds even now. What you do is flick and obviously you’ll try to shoot as fast as you can but aiming takes priority and often the shots are fired more than 0.5 seconds apart.

This change will increase his damage overall a little and McCree players will need to completely learn the rythm again. Biggest dps increase will come in 2 situations. 1) Against tanks where you can actually hold fire and 2) Follow-up to flash as it’s now easier to double tap instead of fan, which I’m sure the whiners like OP would prefer instead of just flash fanning as it still takes more skill to do.

9 Likes

McCree was already my second most played dps, guess he will soon move to first!

Watched Calvin’s clip, looked great lol.

McCree is the dps with less survivability though, his dash is barely usable defensively, this should mean that he should have more offensive power than those who do have survivability skills built into their kit, no?

1 Like

He can do a real neat tumble, though! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

He tries so hard and I believe in him! :sob:

2 Likes

Why can’t they just give him some mobility instead? It’s always damage that’s getting tweaked. Damage is not the problem. It’s probably going to be reverted anyway for being too strong. It’s like they just keep playing a yo-yo game with him.

Too weak? Buff DPS!

Too strong? Nerf DPS!

Why hasn’t it occurred to them to look literally anywhere else to properly balance him for the game? How about his large hit box for the amount of health he has? How about his lack of mobility? How about his kit?

Damage is not the problem. Literally everything else is.

4 Likes

You must be rocking that golden 100% accuracy…

1 Like

Especially when you watch streamers like Taimou and Kabaji owning at GM level with McCree before this!