This whole game feels like a contradiction of itself

Blockquote

season 1 matchmaking was infinitely better imo… idk what they did this season, but the queue times are insanely fast, and the games are insanely unbalanced… it’s like the game literally is just not trying AT ALL to find me a balanced game at this point and is just throwing me in whatever game it can find the fastest… which happens to be a lobby filled with golds despite me being in Diamond 2 (sometimes i even get silvers on my team… which blows my mind, because if i were to try to duo queue with a silver or gold3+, the game literally wouldn’t even allow me to queue due to max rank difference limitations on group queue, but yet somehow, that’s the most suitable lobby it can find)… I honestly can’t remember the last time i’ve gotten into a game where it has felt balanced… it’s either been my team getting completely rolled, or my team completely rolling. No middle ground in between AT ALL.

maybe it’s console pool… or maybe everyone is just seeing this problem… idk. it’s completely cringe though.

also, them wanting genji to be F tier is also cringe. they nerf him into the ground because “dps passive made him too strong”, then proceed to remove the speed passive that was making him “op” in the first place, while giving him 0 compensating buffs, and then buff every counter… again, without giving him any compensating buffs. cringe

I don’t have a problem either with Genji being bad at low ranks.

Or in high ranks, or in any rank.

Now it may look like in biased and I hate Genji, but trust me, it’s not the case, definitely not.

let’s not forget we have to scour reddit for hours to find any comment from them, too.

2 Likes

OW2 is dying. They know they can’t make money off of PvE and they have painted themselves into a corner. Played since the game launched. Use to play every day. Not anymore. I moved on to other games. There is nothing rewarding or fun anymore in this game.

6 Likes

To each their own. I’m loving OW2 :slight_smile:

The only downside is the monetization change, but it was a necessary evil for longevity. The gameplay is great.

1 Like

Anna sleep dart deletes alot of other ults out there. Its common.

1 Like

they need to spend less time on blog posts and just fix it

billion+ dollar corporation doesn’t have the resources? bruh

4 Likes

But i mean Kiriko was made after their statement. Ana was like this before. Though i too hate that shes the only one whos stun haven’t been adjusted.

1 Like

Exactly and I hate it so much because I don’t use Twitter. Console players don’t even have battle.net and I could easily miss anything displayed there. There could be a pop up when you first enter the game telling you about it as well as a button in the shop or Home Screen that allows you to find more information about it.

1 Like

The crappy thing is, I can’t imagine them getting rid of it on Ana now. It’s almost essential for her to have it now because of how tanks are essentially just mini-raid bosses. It’s like, the one thing you can do against Ramattra or Doomfist to save yourself from being ping-ponged and having the tar beaten out of you to protect yourself.

If they did this from the start and built new characters from there, I think it could have worked. But we’re so far into it now that there’s almost no going back, it’s one of the few things a support can do to properly save themselves and get away from a tank that’s chasing them down.

5 Likes

Playerbase: Fix your matchmaking! Even you proved its flawed!

OW Team: Did you know that Ramattra has toenails?

6 Likes

Or saying they top down balance but let sojourn be a menace for 2 seasons at the top.

Imo, this game feels like it lacks vision. Like instead of making good additions, they are just making random attempts to keep the game afloat.

1 Like

There fixed it for you.

i wanna say i really appreciate your posts whenever i read them, andough. i don’t know if it’s sombra mains sharing a single brain cell or what, but i agree a lot of these contradictions are taking the fun out of the game for me. even wacky modes like mystery heroes or total mayhem are hard to enjoy when they boil down to “who has more tanks first”

1 Like

Added in the fact that we have less maps than in OW1. lmao.

3 Likes

not to mention:

• they want to tone down CC
  • introduce a new hero with major cc ability and rework other heroes but keep many of the biggest CC offenders (mei, sym, doom, hog)
1 Like

Played overwatch when it first came out and stopped playing about 5 months after launch, picked it up about six months ago and honestly can say at times it is broken and my only advice is play if you are having fun. Try something new. We tend to play in the same patterns and it’s only when we force ourselves to try something new and reignite the passion of having fun that it becomes playable again

2 Likes

Don’t forget their lengthy speech about Defense Matrix to curb toxicity… a week before shutting the SMS requirement down.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the map pools one bit.

Nothing makes me want to stop playing more than they same handful of maps. When you play a lot, it gets old quick.

Common Blizzard L

5 Likes