This video showcases how mercy is fun, and how wrong mercy mains are

Eh I dont agree. Just cause she looks fun doesn’t mean she is.

Also, her skill ceiling and floor have been lowered. Let’s not lie now.

Forty-Seven minutes?! (47) No. Keep your ‘crap’ brief. :robot:

Like most ultimates.

this is a meme of a thread.

I guess the video is more interesting to watch for some than actually have your team drop like flies while healing? I got anxiety just watching the first push and the enemy tracer just off two people easily while Mercy was healing or when Pharah was being pocketed a bit and she still died in ULT. Straight out of gate the Mercy team got butcher and finally got their groove at the end.

The Mercy in the video was able to deal with chip damage, anything really focus damage on their teamates, they died and bleed out majority of the time regardless of their high skill. They even mention they should have gone Lucio at one point. Their team barely recovered the first round and was a close one. I didn’t watch the rest of the videos. I’m impressed by their Mercy super jump. Fun is subjective. I personally don’t care for character that’s been water down to be constantly rework putting high effort for low impact or outright feeding an enemy team. Props to one tricks that can still can make it by.

So yes, this video can be encouraging…I doubt it alone will sway the majority to play her for more fun or fill in that role until her actual kit or reverts is address.

Last 6 months Mercy in support category comps:

Pick rate: 26.00%

Win rate: 50.11%

Last month Mercy in support category comps after another set of nerfs:

Pick rate: 14.44%

Win rate: 49.37%

People find Mercy heals are so bad, they been going more Battle Mercy for fun… so I guess there’s that.

2 Likes

You do realize she was low masters all season and made a huge climb in 1 day from grinding with a duo partner, she got gm, she doesnt maintain it

Sees title
Sees number of replies

Grabs popcorn

I’m glad you see how that reasoning “holds no water.” Because we didn’t want to use “fun” as an arguing point. Jeff did in his dev update to justify their rework. They opened this can of worms, we intend to make use of it.

*edited for clarity

3 Likes

I mean… Yeah. She Valks and her team dies. She Valks and she gets shot at by Widow. She valks just for the sole purpose of not dying to genjis ult. She valks again and her team dies. (She would have won those rounds they lost if she played zen or lucio for their ult.) She valks and dies in soldier ult. She valks and her team dies. She valks and she dies in mcree ult.

This video showcases mostly how Valk barely ever turns a fight. Yeah it’s fun to fly but it doesn’t do anything for your team even when used in the “best” way by one of the “best” mercy players.

4 Likes