This video showcases how mercy is fun, and how wrong mercy mains are

Literally, just watch that game of Ilios and see how she juggles healing, does technical rezzes, uses GA to constantly be moving around and how she doesn’t just “fly in the sky and hold left click” like mercy mains say that’s all you do for Valk. People say that’s all there is to valk but in reality when you’re actually using it in game there’s so much more to it. I genuinely believe the reason some mercy mains say the things they do is because they’re not as good at mercy as Animetic is and can’t actually utilise her kit.

Mercy’s skill ceiling is much higher with all these changes.

45 Likes

“Someone disagrees with me and shows evidence that disproves my “mercy is boring” threads, better make a stupid reply”

25 Likes

Fun is subjective mate.

38 Likes

Yeah, but this video shows actual gameplay contradicting all the “points” that are usually made about mercy not being fun

5 Likes

this^
I was just poking fun at the idea that fun can be proven by a video, like its some objective fact of the universe

11 Likes

But again, fun is subjective, that means everyone see fun as something else. Like some have more fun plaing online game when others prefere singleplayer games. Do any of this groups do something unfun? Or its just something that some might say its unfun for them.

4 Likes

I think the title should be ‘This video showcases how Mercy is still effective in the right hands’.

Because yeah, fun is subjective.

27 Likes

Lol this Mercy is so bad, she should just sit in the backline and heal! But instead, she’s flying around like a lunatic, healing, boosting, shooting and killing enemies?! wtf she’s a pacifist, she’s not allowed to use her gun!

4 Likes

Agree that fun is subjective but the video does help to disprove the “spectator mode” argument.

If you think Valk is spectator mode, you should probably practice Mercy some more.

20 Likes

The changes the mains want would give you videos like above, but more so.

They just want power taken away from Valk, and Rez and put into the rest of her kit.

I watched a streamer wreck a team as Moira in GM. But that doesn’t make Moira a good pick in GM games in general.

9 Likes

What is a “technical rez” exactly?

7 Likes

Why are you trying to turn Animetic against other Mercy mains ?

Animetic is one among other Mercy players that criticized the 60 to 50 HPS nerf on her Twitter account. She’s just like every other Mercy mains : she’s adapting and making the best of it.

A lot of heroes have been nerfed / buffed back and forth since the game got released but if there are two heroes that suffered the most from reworks, that would be Mercy and Symmetra. People that play those heroes should be given some slack whether they’re complaining on the forums or not 'cause they had to adapt the most during the years (it takes energy and will).

In the end, the real problem is not Mercy mains and their point of view about Valkyrie, yet it’s people like that guy on the video you posted at 10:36 saying “Could you switch your Mercy, please” as soon as something goes wrong during the match or when a round is lost.

Those are the same people that would force people to pick Mercy when she was OP after her rework, the same that would say “go hide for rez, Mercy” (before rework) and the same people that imply Mercy requires no skill whatsoever and that are also partially responsible for that rework no one asked for in the first place.

So, yeah, you can try as hard as you want to divide Mercy mains among themselves but we (main healers and Mercy mains) all know where the toxicity first came from.

As far as Mercy’s ult is concerned, of course Valkyrie can still be useful when used properly but people need to understand that switching from Mass-rez to that first version of Valkyrie was a compromise Mercy mains accepted cause it kept Mercy fun and very useful.

With all the nerfs she’s been getting ever since, it’s easy to say the promise hasn’t been kept by the devs.

I don’t mind Mercy remaining the way she is now but we all know IG people will be yelling / blaming anyone who picks Mercy if the match is lost (just like that guy I mentioned did in the video) and it’s not pleasant to be held accountable for a loss. Mercy shouldn’t be considered a troll pick anymore, we don’t want 2016 all over again.

Is it too much to ask for every healer to be balanced 2 years after the game’s release ?

38 Likes

Does Animetic (Sarah) know that you’re using one of her videos to mock the very group of players she belongs to? Doesn’t seem disrespectful to you at all?

17 Likes

I love this player’s use of Guardian Angel; they seem to really get the nuances behind Mercy’s movement. They also do a really good job demonstrating how much split-second decision making Mercy’s kit requires. Between swooping to different allies (and GA cancelling at the appropriate time), toggling heal or damage, busting out the pistol on occasion, Animetic’s Mercy really is a sight to behold. None of that is to invalidate the concerns other players may have on her current state, I just really admire the particular playstyle that’s being shown off here and how fluid it looks.

1 Like

Most Mercy players don’t care unfortunately. They just want an insane impact on the match with little effort. That’s why majority still want Mass Res back, because that low effort and massive impact was all packed into that one ability.

1 Like

Trust me, us saying it’s not fun and that the ultimate does everything for us doesn’t mean we actually play the sitting duck in the sky and do nothing. Of course we dodge and weave, of course we get out our pistol when we have the chance and even damage boost in those rare cases.
But just because we’re doing it, doesn’t mean it’s fun to use. Figuring out the most potential of an ultimate doesn’t exactly mean you find it entertaining.
We know how to use it. Doesn’t mean we like it and have to accept it when there are plenty of tweaks and changes that would be more than acceptable.

4 Likes

Welp.
Then these mercy arguements hold no water.
If it is Subjective, then mercy is as showcased by the video.
You can’t win.

4 Likes

Mercy is fun when you min/max her. The problem is she is pretty hard to min/max and really easy to do average with. Most people just do the minimum with her and get bored because she is boring if you do that.

1 Like

So if she is so fun, why don’t you play her more often than once in a blue moon?

5 Likes

I do play her, on my support account. This is my main account where I play tanks and then flex to supp if really needed