This trend needs to stop

The community seems to actually be a huge factor when it comes to nerfing and buffing heroes weather people like to admit it or not. A lot of heroes have been changed drastically due to the outcry of the community which i believe is a good thing but in the case I’m about to talk about… it is not.

Case in point. Doomfist.

Yes, before everyone starts calling me a Doomfist main and telling me how un-fun it is to be bounced around and one-shotted into walls… please hear me out.

Firstly i would like to say, i am NOT a Doomfist main, However… i did enjoy playing him because i felt his kit was so different from the others that his play style felt fresh and utilitarian. That being said, I did actually think he needed a nerf. His CC was a bit out of control and did need to be toned down. The thing is, the way Doomfist played his CC was a necessity in order for him to secure kills reliably. At the pro level he was used as a disruptor that broke up the flow of the opposing teams push and possibly picked off a hero or 2 in the process. In lower ranked games a Doomfist with above average skill would be able to use his cds sparingly and chain kill many people.

Here is the issue. Doomfist was not an ‘easy’ hero. His plays were mostly more risk than reward and required more ‘outside the box’ thinking. I do agree that rocket punch is an easy way to kill someone BUT as any mildly knowledgeable player would know, Doomfist used his punch mostly to either engage or disengage. It was his mobility tool. As of now, his rocket punch is the only way to reliably kill someone and i believe most of the backlash coming from lower ranked players was with his rocket punch. Now, that ability has been push to the forefront and more people will be killed in that way rather than the slam/uppercut/shoot combo. This solves nothing for them. At higher ranks (lets say GM to pro play) no one thought he was OP… just annoying.

What im trying to get at here is… Doomfist is now unplayable and we did this. Please spare me the ‘tips and tricks’ and the ‘you’re playing him wrong then’ comments. Hes unplayable. Doomfist mains from every spectrum have concluded it. Nothing about his kit is reliable or predictable to the player playing him. Uppercut knocks people up in varied directions every time, slam knocks people right over you a lot making shooting them incredibly difficult and his ult… i mean… its basically only good for re-positioning yourself… no point in ever trying to go for a kill with it.

He should have been toned down little by little to gauge it instead of his entire kit all at once… but… so goes the trend.

Inb4 he gets buffed or reworked and becomes actually OP and easy.

3 Likes

The funniest part about most of these DF mains when posting videos on the subject show that they are still wrecking face with DF even after the nerfs, but they are QQing because its harder to do than before the nerfs, and some of the things that used to be possible no longer are (such as some gap jumps).

Now I actually agree that DF was probably over nerfed. But using the statements by DF mains as your strong point actually weakens your argument to my mind.

The biggest fix / buff I’d like to see to current DF is his ult. Frankly it does too little damage now. Especially considering his achievement requires killing 6 people with it but the radius and damage within that radius both got nerfed.

2 Likes

Would this bring Doomfist back up to a reasonable level?

I like the faster meteor strike falling for sure

Doomfist just got nerfed into oblivion cause he needs a little reworking.

He can’t just rely on E -> into combo to be viable which is what the current version of him does.

I’ve said from ‘every spectrum’ though.

Yes i know what Chipsa has to say about Doomfist but hes pretty much a troll at this point. lol

But… If top 500 Doomfist mains are saying that they can’t reliably play Doomfist right… there is an issue…

I know Doom was overnerfed, but this is kinda funny.

1 Like

please. Take one look at the potential Brandito got out of doomfist’s kit back pre-nerf, and look at his most recent video. Dude is doing bad now and it’s obvious he’s running uphill playing that hero

The doomfist nerfs looked bad on paper, but you could make the case that most things he could do back then were theoretically still doable. Everyone agrees with this statement to some extent and that “he now just takes more skill”. the problem with this is doomfist already had a pretty steep learning curve. Even at peak “doomfist is OP” these players weren’t doing extraordinarily well to the point that doom became the new tracer/genji/mccree/widow (popular mains for t500 dps)

As a doomfist main, i would estimate (anecdotal, just me, i know) my frequency of popping off more than halved.