This season is seriously SO bad

I’m honestly so frustrated at this season, every season of OW2 has been far from perfect but this season has been the worst. Not only did my placements get botched by a string of 3 losses due to tanks qutting within the first 2 mins of the match but now I’m stuck ping ponging due to leavers or people just blatantly THROWING. Before the reset the past 3 seasons Ive been consistently in masters/gm for both supp and dps and now with the changes it feels IMPOSSIBLE to climb w solo que. Especially as support

11 Likes

The key to enjoying this season

“Train yourself to let go of everything you are afraid to lose.” -Yoda

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Mine got botched on both DPS and tank. Both had several leavers. I’m stuck in a lower rank on those roles. It’s just very grindy to rank up.

1 Like

Felt I’ve always been able to manage mid to high plat every season but now with this current season I’m in low gold high silver and cannot get out. It’s been nothing but massive loss streaks due to horrible dps/tank diffs, throwers, leavers or blatant smerfs on the enemy team. Last I checked my win percentage is 44% and loss percentage is 54%

2 Likes

People throwing and leaving doesn’t make a season bad

I don’t think it’s impossible per se. But it definitely seems to require a higher time commitment because of the current changes in the game. Climbing seems harder this season, but throwers and leavers happen in every season. If you’re meant to climb, you’ll climb; if you’re not, you won’t. That is, if you have the time to sink into this. Otherwise just play for fun and see where that’ll get you.

Stop caring about ranks. Still try to win, and do your best, but why complain about things you have no control over? People leave. People throw. People disconnect. It happens, and quite possibly, some of the most important games that got you to masters were won because you were benefitting from the the uncontrollable situation that your opponents were dealing with.

1 Like

For a lot of people I think they wouldn’t care so much about rank as long as the game are good and relatively consistent. For this game’s last few years even including vanilla overwatch it really has felt streakish. You either win or lose like 6 games in a row with nothing in between.

It feels terribly binary most of the time.

3 Likes

INB4 a small package enters the thread and says you are delusional, conspiratorial and should go off yourself.

1 Like

Funny thing is he (I’m 100 percent it’s a guy manning the acc) swears he’s not paid but that just makes it more sad. I’d at least have some respect for them if they at least got paid to do it, heck everyone’s gotta make money somehow in this economy.

Smallpackage disagrees a lot seemingly for the sake of disagreeing but I’ve never heard them say anything to a player aluding that they should off themselves.

FWIW all of my friends and I stopped playing OW this season because everyone was just over it. So I agree with you. This season sucks. There are a lot of things fundamentally wrong with the game that need to be fixed. They mentioned there will be a “disruptive player” dev update before the next season. Maybe they do something about all the things people have been complaining about for years.

Never for the sake of it, always because I do.

1 Like

nah… its because you HAVE to say something. you have a constant need to be noticed.

1 Like

Honestly this seasons feels even worse than previous. I spent nearly two hours on a win streak yesterday, ranked up then lost two matches because of leavers, throwers and bad team mates and lost practically all my progress for those two hours and got de-ranked.

1 Like

The game has been really streaky for over 2 years now. I cant remember the last time where the game felt steady and consistent.

As of late it’s win or lose 6-8 games in a row with nothing in between. The skill creep in silver is just beyond insane right now. Sombra has completely infested silver… let that sink in for a moment.

My advice to you is stop queueing and wait till next season and stick to qp for keeping in shape. The last 2-3 weeks of a season is generally going to be a derank fest.

2 Likes