This patch fixed 1 problem and created 10 more

Healing creep is gone. Yaay.

But now the DPS passive is OP, tanking sucks as a whole, and a large amount of heroes completely suck due to HP changes (Junkrat, Sym, Illari, etc)

It would be better to just revert this update and call it a day. It was a good effort but it would healthier for the game overall if we all remember it as a fever dream and move on.

28 Likes

Or just keep going forward.

We can always go back :relieved:

Tanks do need less critical dmg , but also have some sort of vulnerable state.

Like if you shoot Winston jetpack for he should take more dmg etc.

So make every tank like Orisa and a chore to kill. Sounds fun

4 Likes

I figure, if it’s too much, then just lower Tank HP a bit.

But this should smooth out some of the Burst Damage on Tanks.

Which is mostly a higher ELO issue.

Not you too! Really? Why are headshots so controversial in a first person shooter? :sob:

I meant as in them taking critical dmg as after aimbot patch they absorb dmg easily

I dont think tanks suck as a whole. Dive tanks/mobility is thriving, but brawl tanks which rely on face tanking alot suffer.

Hog is maybe okay now after his buff, but Rein, Mauga, Ramattra feel pretty bad imo.

I dont think the dps passive is OP, but the lack of visibility makes us unable to work around it. I have to assume to have -20% heals all the time. For support, Zen and Lucio feel amazing right now. But yeah there are some losers of the patch for sure, but i dont think you cant fix this with balance changes.

Its not a fundamental issue.

I suppose you are correct. I am still delusional enough to believe that surely they will revert these projectile sizes… I just do not want to accept reality. Part of me believes I will wake up to an Overwatch that took some degree of effort to aim well. Thoose days are over.

3 Likes

Same it has ruined the game for me.

I’m having 55+ accuracy on widow and 40+ on tracer and none of it feels good or earned.

It’s not just some masochistic aim skill agenda,.it’s just removed the aim equation to be more of a range and positioning game fully.

Like im literally playing pve games to satisfy the aim part and these games used to have more lenient aim than overwatch.

5 Likes

Burst is the only way to kill a lot of tanks because their stupid damage reduction abilities + healing mixed together make sustain damage not able to stick

And if you make it so you don’t need to do that, then you can get similar results with sustain damage.

Like for real, it’s not just you, but former OWL Pros struggle to simple substitutions like this.

It’s some sort of cognitive dissonance.

Or maybe your ideas are just bad lol and people who actually know the game like pros understand why your ideas are bad when you dont

I see you post on twitter under a lot of content creators tweets with balance suggestions and ngl a lot of the time they are not well thought out changes

Like removing the ability to crit a tank

1. Dumbs down the skill of the game when you are the enemy and you hit those shots and
  2. Would just make tanks more annoying to kill when you can only deal body shot dmg. You would have to nerf tanks health by half to keep the same ttk

We literally have orisa as a perfect example of what removing crits feels like to play against that proves this to be true.

1 Like

Going to copypaste this from this discussion but bassically, healing it’self isn’t and has never been the problem. It’s certain abilites and passives that are the issue yet it’s not really obvious until you analise it in depth.

The issues are…

• Majour Offenders:

• Mass Easy Access AOE Healing (Moira’s Biotic Grasp and Brigitta’s Inspire.)
    • Immunities (Baptieste’s Immortality Field and Kiriko’s Suzu)
  • Minor Offenders:

• Mistake Punishing Prevention Tools (Lifeweavers Lifegrip and Mercy’s Resurect)
    • Un-killable Healing Sources (Illari’s Healing Pylon)

And to explain why…

2-2-2 had to be implemented because they added Moira with Biotic Grasp and Brigitta with Inspire to the game which enabled multiple (by which I mean three plus) tank comps with extreem levels sustain from the supports. Note that 2-2-2 did fix the problem of five damage heroes and a Mercy comps throwing away games in Quick Play and Competative but that’s a different discusstion.

If Moira’s healing was sigificantly reduced while trying to heall anyone other than her primary target and Brigitta was reworked to remove inspire and heal primarily though current repair pack then we wouldn’t have need 2-2-2 (although as mentioned above it was a nice quality of life change for less coodinated game play settings like public Quick Play and Competative games).

The global shield HP nerf wouldn’t have needed to have happened with the double shield meta if Baptiste hadn’t been introduced with massive area of effect healing and an Ulitmate Ability for an Ability Two in Immortality Field.

At every turn this has been a support problem and not a tank problem and at every turn, Blizzard has changed the format to try and fix a design problem because for some reason they simply don’t want to address the issue with problematic support hero designs.

This is further evidence with the most recent changes where Kiriko’s Protection Suzu and Lifeweaver’s Lifegrip can sustain tanks even further. Just like Immortality Field, Protection Suzu should be Kiriko’s ultimate and Lifegrip should be a skill shot with a significantly reduced cooldown.

It’s deeply frustraighting when the solution to the problem is obvious but the balance team seems to continuously ignore them in favour of format changes which don’t really help to solve anything.

(I’ve highlighted that last paragraph because it’s the sentement I’m feeling most strongly at the moment want to emphasize.)

I should note that I’ve not talked about Illari’s Healing Pylon here. It’s an odd one because it’s only a problem when she’s tuned to be good (I.E. she does too much damage) unlike the other abilites mentioned here so whether or not it needs changing is a more neuanced discussion I guess.

Edit: I also want to note on the topic of the sentiments being felt; it currently feels like it’s we have a gaping wound and we’re apply lots and lots plasters while the patients bleeding out instead of acctually attempting to stem the bleeding and stitch up the wound.

1 Like

If they can’t understand the concept of lowering some counters, and then compensating with lower HP or weaker defensive cooldowns.

That’s a cognitive problem.

It isnt because the game isnt a vaccuum. If you were to nerf tank hp but remove headshots you would still need to then nerf all the damage in the game otherwise tank would still blow up

Making rein 400hp but you cant hs him wont solve the issue

Literally instead of just fixing the issues that we had in the game, they did the absolute laziest thing they could have possibly done and just buffed everybody’s stats.

1 Like

Nahh don’t revert the update, people like it. This is how OW2 updates always go… One step forward and three steps back. Get used to it brother

Or:
Hear me out:

Take the data they’ve gained from running this patch and then back up to a reasonably balanced version of that game and use their data to set target values for buffs and nerfs that do something similar but without the cascade of unintended effects with untold long-term consequences.

It’s okay to learn, step back, and try again. It’s still progress. It’s still moving forward. In fact they’ll probably move forward a lot more easily if they get back on the rails first.

2 Likes

Idk man.

I like this patch.

Tanks succeed by being defensive more now. Who would have guessed that playing a tank meant learning to survive and mitigate damage?

Supports succeed by actually being the lifeline to their team. Hooray! We get healers and not just some dude who wants to play extra dps! Amazing how they are almost meant to be “supportive” rather than distruptive.

Then dps succeed by well…learning to prioritize targets in an effective manner. The mastery of their kit, weapon, and common gameplay basics playing a huge role in how effective they are as teammates. Same shooty shooty, but the best know how, where, and who to put their shots into. Which makes them more inclined to be a strike element for teams rather than the COD deathmatch player we always meme about.

So the holy trinity has been replenished and restored to their fundemental nature.

And it feels bad for you? Not to egg you, but I’ve always enjoyed being a tank in the tank aspect. Same for the other roles. I expect to be a supportive support and skilled dps in know how and when to input my damage bursts.

I take pride in that and losing that in OW would devastate me.

Give it a try, adapt a bit and you’ll find so much more fun. Still too early to tell.