This patch fixed 1 problem and created 10 more

yes, lets turn them from the paper maché piñatas that they currently are now into something even easier to destroy. Sounds like a plan, Stan

1 Like

Fair enough, if they do it relatively quickly.

Although I find it easier to do “too much” testing in terms of

“It’s easier to understand if a shoe is too tight, than if it’s too loose”

1 Like

Plus it not just the head shots theirs alot more bing added to my passive idea

Wonder if you thought of something I didn’t

i agree but i know why they did it. you need changes with this game or people get bored. i mean i was excited too see what would happen. of course i dont like it and wish for season 8 again but hey i played world of warcraft and i always liked the constant change

at first then i got tired of it lol… i guess they know what will happen since the have the sales retention figures. years from now there might be a CLASSIC OVERWATCH

way to big of a nerf to rein

i would reduce slowes but it cant effect grabs because they are a weird cc.

this is what i had in mind to start with and change it from there

Well this was before Kiriko being a thing

the cc nerf is enough of a nerf to rein IMO even before the fox

And it’s also double the raidus so I’m not sure what your point is here. Further to that, it used to be both double the raidus and double the healing at the time in which Multi-Tank (by which I mean three plus, I.E. “Slambulance” and “GOATS”) comps were meta at 21 HPS. Thus I stand by my point that it was a problem that enabled those comps.

As I’ve explained it wasn’t tank synergy that was the problem. It was Briggita’s Inspire in combination with Moira’s Biotic Grasp (although the former was the far bigger issue). This is evidenced by the fact that a few months after Ana was released, they nerfed her Biotic Grenade as it was starting to enable Multi-Tank comps so they nerfed it down from 100% healing increase to 50% and it’s druation reduced from 5 to 4 seconds. Funilly enough, after they did that, multi tank comps weren’t seen again until Moira was release who, you guessed it, had AOE healing.

I do agree though that this is something that was a possitive benefit of the format change and I made a point about that in my comment as you can see below:

That’s a fair point about shooting shields being boring however that was enabled by Bapitistes Immotality Field (hereafter refered to as “Lamp”) since it could keep Sigma alive and thus prevent his Experimental Barrier from being destroyed by killing meaning that you had to “chew” though the shield. If Lamp was an ult then there would be nothing to stop a Damage player switching to Junkrat and using Rip-Tyre or a Tank player from switching to D.Va and using Self-distruct to just blowing him up and taking down the Experimental Barrier.

I don’t deny that on release Sigma had a bloated kit for the format and to this day possibly needs some looking at but it was Baptiste that shut down any sort of counter play using those kinds of ultamates or in more tactical terms “game-state solutions”.

That’s not a counter argument. That’s just you stating that you disagree with me which seems self-evident given your attempts to refute my point above.

It is true dps are now more powerful, but frankly it is cause they apply the debuff which gives them equal or similar value too the other roles and can impact or sway fights. How is this bad?

People have been saying tanking sucks for years, so what is the solution? No one wanted to tank in 6v6 and no one wants to tank now. The premises of people tanking can not be tanks are just ridiculously more OP than now.

Also before you spew no sea about tanks not being OP or genuinely the basis of the game how many 4v5 have you won without a tank? vs losing a dps or a support?

The problem prolly lies elsewhere as in nobody likes too tank in video game. Especially if there is no massive benefit. Simple.

Some heroes sucks - a lot of them sucked before - some heroes have improved. That is the course of the game.

The thing is, most of the community is ok with this heroes being trash, what is really sad but if you look at the forums, most dps players want to keep playing hitscan only, because “skill”.

2 Likes

I’m having fun on tank (most tanks). The gameplay is slightly different but I’m honestly okay with taking cover now and again. I’m generally getting most kills and damage in lobbies and having fun win or lose. Just my experience anyways shrugs

Me with 6v6. I of course know that will never happen.

But I keep dreaming.

1 Like

This is what you get from Full Sail University dropouts…

1 Like

My point is that the AoE healing is not nearly as strong as you think. Especially given that it’s a HoT. It’s double the radius, because unlike Lucio’s healing song, Brig has to deal damage to activate it and continue to deal damage to keep it active consistently.

That’s where you’re wrong. Inspire was buffed December 2018 from 16hp/1.5s over 5 seconds to 16.66hp/s over 6 seconds.

August 2019
Inspire buffed to 21.66hp/s as part of Brig’s lite rework for RQ. This was that weird experiment where they tried to turn her into a main healer. At no point in time has the radius of Inspire been increased.

Prior to Brig’s release, Slambulance featured Hog. While Moira’s healing was integral to the composition being successful, Lucio was also integral to it. The same way he was integral to GOATS.

As we can see during the GOATS era, Slambulance was viable and Brig was swapped out for Hog. There was also GOATS, but with Sombra instead of Brig. So, no, Inspire and Biotic Grasp were not the problem.

Multi-tank comps fell, not solely because of the nerf to Ana, but because D.Va was nerfed. D.Va’s pick rate plummetted, Ana remained mostly unaffected by the nerf, and damage heroes were able to rise up in her place since they were no longer being shut down by her.

Clearly it hasn’t been. That’s not to say supports haven’t contributed to these major format changes, but to say that only support has been a problem is a highly contentious point to make when tank synergy and multi-dps comps were also contributors to the shift to role queue.

There you go, there’s your counter argument.

2 Likes

This is the reality many players do not want to accept. There’s way too many problems to look at one thing we think is good and think it’s helped the game overall. The best thing to do is revert the entire update and just look at a select few support heroes and nerf them slightly. That would go a much longer way to tackling that and without ruining the game for anyone not a hitscan DPS main

3 Likes

They ruined most of the support roster, too.

5 Likes

tanks die instantly whether they get headshot or not, its not like this is going to change much

1 Like

or it revealed how healing orientated supports are only strong due to raw healing output and offering little utility outside of their healing
ana, bap, kiri, zen, lucio are still strong picks
heal oriented characters like mercy and lw go down a poo poo chute bc most players only know how to healbot

It’s not a skill issue when specific heroes are designed to be healbotty.

5 Likes