This is how next week is gonna be:

…they have been… geting massive veiws nearly every game not just big ones on a weekly schedule, new game taking over old decade long titles like LoL and star craft 1 and 2 for most views. not sure whats funny about that? great awesome i love it, would not say funny.

3 Likes

If you mean force feeding gullible players content they dont want and charging them a high premium for access, while neglecting the actual game they are playing on. Then congrats, your supporting a horrible business practice I hope no else else takes up.

Your right it’s not funny it’s horrifying.

4 Likes

Man, don’t embarrass yourself even more dude, just let it go.

3 Likes

Don’t forget their deal with Disney and ESPN. Even major sports teams have congratulated their city based OWL counterparts. It is absolutely setting new standards.

2 Likes

1st. When did they “force feed” you content? They show it off and the main menu but they never make you go into the OWL menu or buy it.

2nd. You can watch OWL for free, you can pay $30 for a completely unnecessary pass if you want, but most players haven’t even heard of the pass.

3rd. The rate at which we have gotten content has not changed since OWL started.

2 Likes

“deal with Disney” one of the most corrupt Corporations in the world. slow claps congrats GREAT strides forward. Sure that will work out as well for them as it did LucasArts.

1 Like

Dont be happy guys. No matter how good the update is or how along the lines of what we want its with. We. Must. Cry.

2 Likes

you mean like the pro scene in every e sport??? that helps drive these games?? funny you think that it is either one or the other. i dont think the same people that drive owl are the same ones that drive overwatch. i would imagine they might even be 2 different branches of the company.

and why do people keep saying high premium ?? do you have to pay for twitch cus man, your getting scammed the rest of us don’t.

or is it the skins that you dont have to buy that have no effect on the game???

or is it the game it self thats like what 20 bucks half the time???

i do want, and dont pay? so confused

we get more content then ever so neglect???

1 Like

“deal with Disney” one of the most corrupt Corporations in the world. slow claps congrats GREAT strides forward. Sure that will work out as well for them as it did LucasArts.

:joy:

hell yeah man! F*** the system and all those evil coorporations! Let’s discuss this further on this official forum of a multi-billion dollar company!

1 Like

Remember when i mentioned “gullible players” ^^^^^ exhibit A

1 Like

ah you woke but still play and hate it…i gullible play and like it??? im the idiot right???

1 Like

I dont hate overwatch I hate OWL cause it pulls attention away from making the game better for the gamers who play the games and puts emphasis on people watching it for a profit. Two completely different things. One thing helps players play a game such as bug fixes and new content, the other helps people play less and convince people a bugged game is good and you should just watch instead.

Who cares about 100,000 players, as long as these 100 “pro” players are happy and we can just get 100,000 people to watch them and make a profit instead

1 Like

Why can’t a person do both?

I play Overwatch and enjoy myself. I turn on League when Uprising is playing enjoy myself.

You know 27 free updates have been added to the game free of charge for those 100,000 players.

2 Likes

So if they reveil stuff and not work on the existing stuff, you are angry.
But if you DON’T reveil new stuff and instead work on the existing stuff, everyone will be angry and dissapointed.
great…

“updates” should always be free… unless it’s a major “expansion”

“patches” and “updates” being “free” has been available since 90’s with games going as far back as runescape, everquest, diablo, starcraft, and 1000’s of others. Thats nothing new or groundbreaking the OW team did…

And yet with all these updates there are still hundreds of bugs in the game. Some gamebreaking raise your hand if you been killed by a sym turret in a wall this past week and where is the dev team? Are they fixing these bugs, NO, they are busy programming new skins for the OWL “all-stars” matches and making sure their games are set up for that event for you to “watch”

Of course im sure they are working on fixes but they are pulling resources aside from the actual gameplay

Never said it was. They obviously care about those 100,000 players since we still get updates.

1 Like

You do realize that if OWL fails, Overwatch most likely dies?

It’d be a PR disaster on another level. Blizz would lose tons of money and the only Overwatch tournaments left would be community ones. Big Esport leagues would be livid, and may consider sueing if OWL fails due to how much they had to pay for access. That’d mean less money for OW’s continued development.

I agree Overwatch League was rushed, I also agree that they should’ve let the tournament scene form itself. To wish for it to fail is not only wrong, but ignorant. The better OWL does, the better Overwatch as a whole does.

Cause if the Pro scene fails, Overwatch is a failure.

2 Likes

At this point, I’m not sure what we’ll be heading. The Cinematic short is one thing, since it is overdue just like last year’s “2017 Cinematic drought” e.g.

November 2016 Infiltration “Sombra” --> August 2017 Rise and Shine “Mei” (that’s 9 months gaps). The difference is in 2017 there are awesome hero reveals, like the Doomfist (Anime-style) Origin story v.s. 2018 Hero B-roll Origin Story (Brigitte and Hammond/“Wrecking Ball” weak reveals).

Anyways, this year has been a downward drop in progress I would say. But, since OWL and other e-sports venture are already stabilizing. They have no excuse to development droughts.

Overwatch was fine and healthy before OWL, and blizzard was upset they werent being accepted as an official esport so they found investors and bought their own way in and made their own league.

If it fails will Blizzard take a loss, certainly. Will overwatch die because of it, certainly not.

You know what is gonna cause the game to die though? People getting bored/frustrated with the gameplay they have and leaving to find other games to play.

1 Like

You don’t have to worry about viewers, the moment they see it’s low, they just activate it on the launcher. That’s one problem solved.

1 Like