This is for some one tricks

CHECK THE EDIT THAT HAS BEEN PPSTED AT THE BOTTOM AFTER READING THIS TOPIC CAREFULLY
To whom this may concern:
If you one trick a hero BUT can play other heroes in case you are getting countered on your main, this post is not for you.

If you onetrick a single hero and cant play other heroes at all especially when you are getting hard countered, this post is for you.
this settled.

I personally one trick reinhardt but when i am getting countered i can play winston, orisa dva, zarya, hog and in dps genji. reaper, hanzo, junkrat, pharah and some soldier i can play support if i must.
You can call me whatever you want
but if you are the type of one trick that this post is related to, I am going to report you for

1. letting a whole team work around you so you can get any value of your hero against your counters
  2. Not wanting to switch at all and dying first almost every fight leaving the team to do a 5v6
  3. not admitting at all that you are at fault for the loss

will i report you even if we won?
Well if you made it so that some team fights that we would have been won ,without ur x hero that you one trick, much harder
I will because thats literally number 1 from above.
If you are surprised why you are getting reported alot it is not because people are toxic it is because you made their lives harder than it needs to be. If you want to one trick in comp and not switch accept the reports you will get from people. If you one trick in quickplay cheers m8 I could care less because there you are not ruining the game. There the incentive to win is not as much as it is in comp

Summary:
If you one trick, and dont want to switch, dont be surprised if people report you or flame you or be toxic to you (quick note: I dont condone flaming someone). You made their lives harder and possibly gave them a loss they couldve won if you simply went to spawn and switched. I dont wanna hear why you keep one tricking i am sure you have your reasons. I gave you mine too for reporting you.(read the above)

EDIT: coz some wonderful people cant interpret my post correctly I AM ONLY REPORTING THOSE WHO ARE DYING FIRST BY THERE COUNTERS THAT OUTPLAY THEM SND OUT SMART THEM and they still refuse to switch I am not reporting someone for being a one trick. I am reporting someone for inting now if you go ahead and say something like I falsely report people I will flag it post as trolling after this edit has been put 7:22 est time Tuesday April 2nd

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

19 Likes

Well, I agree on that.

4 Likes

aggree on why reporting a one trick or what i am confused sorry

On the summary, if x-players is refusting to switch, even his hero is clearly not working.
He might deserve a report…

7 Likes

ahhh ok thank you.

If being bad and useless enough to singlehandedly lose the game was reportable, most of us wouldn’t be here.

23 Likes

I am a good reinhardt i can legit carry games but when i have a straight counter for me every game killing me first and i refuse to switch. I am not contributing to the team and being a burden in a team based game. Does that sound fair to you? lets say watchpoint giblartor first point defence your whole team agrees to play dive on defence because

1. they are all good on dive
  2. it is the optimal comp to go on this point defence

and i come over and say nah i am not going i am gonna go rein and ruin everyone’s plan because i wanted to rein and possibly coz us to lose point
does that seem fair to you? why is it fair that i 1 out of a whole team dedicate what a whole team should play?

The “ugly truth” of OT is:

• You don’t want to change your hero: “I pLAy WhAt i WAnt”
  • All the 5 other people in your team MUST adapt to your play style, so everyone is nice to your pick so you can be selfish.
16 Likes

fallacy as in the wrong idea about OT players?
If thats what you mean read what i said at very start. I am refering to the OTPs that dont want to switch when they are getting countered. This is post is intended to those players only thats it. I am a rein OT but i can switch

1 Like

I expect everyone to adapt to my picks as much as I adapt to theirs.

When people say in team chat “we have a mei one trick play around him” I literally tell them to not do that.
I want my team to play their best, not some halfassed attempt to please angry internet nerds.

2 Likes

Sorry, i may have used the wrong word. i wanted to say something along:
“What do they(OT) say it is and what it really is”

I think it depends on the rank. I truly think that some players have zero idea that they are countered by the other teams comp, let alone simply being outplayed.
You see it in the pick screen. Hmm do you really want to play that brig with these dive tanks?

this morning i was playing a widowmaker OTP. we were against goats (game rank was 2887) he kept on dying and not getting picks we asked him to switch he said “How about you f***s help me out with the picks i am getting” He never got picks of value becoz his picks were quickly negated because we didnt have damage we were waiting for him to get a pick and in the mean time died. we tried creating space but failed ad when we did he didnt do a thing coz guess what HE DIED and at end he said we didnt try to help him like what?

People who switch aren’t one tricks, only people who actively choose to only play 1 hero for whatever reason are.

3 Likes

I had experience with mei otp. Someone else took mei and this person threw the match. So yeah. Some of them aren’t toxic.

an example I have 200+ hours on rein do i prefer playing rein more than lets say winston hell yes but if i have to play something else do I? I do.whenever i have chance to pick rein i will pick it unless i am forced of it or someone tells me like this scenario

I am a OTP who can play others heroes if need be. There are what i call toxic OTP that dont switch. NOW dont get me wrong they can be nicest guys there is but i define them as toxic because they dont swtich no matter what.

what? they were toxic or not toxic?

if you switch off when needed you are a great guy dont wprry about the other people.

Yeah, doesn’t make you a one trick.

I was sarcastic mate. More often that not, good luck doing anything if there are two otp in your team. In high masters+, there aren’t a lot in same team (following mercy meta). However, from diamond or above, there are more than one at times. Or someone who mains them+otp.

Honestly speaking, I don’t know how it is fun for someone to play only one character 24/7. Especially when getting hard countered and not doing anything for 20 minutes.

Well while the dva is jumping on your Widows head they are down dm and a tank. That would be a good time to get in. Hopefully you get them down before the dva comes back from killing your Window.

I used played a lot of Tracer/Widow and I have to play to Ana or Zarya all the time because of goats. Scrims and tournament are treated more seriously than ladder though.

So you falsely report people? Love that for you!

7 Likes