This gatekeeping is scary

I am a Mercy main, well more like a one trick and I think most of the other Mercy players are delusional about their character.

She takes almost no skill, is the easiest character and still, she was (is) the best support character. Someone please tell me what kind of skill Mercy takes that other characters don’t need. I want to hear of these special talents.
There is nothing everything you need to know as Mercy is needed by other characters too AND more. But many people here on the forums talk about Mercy like she is the hardest character of all.
She outshined everything and Blizzard fixed it. I can only say deal with it.
If you dont like playing Mercy anymore than switch, play something else. She was good enough for a whole year, now she is finally balanced and not op anymore.
They also say she is not fun anymore but I can just say “whatever” to that argument. A balanced character is better for the game than a fun character.

There is a whole bunch of Mercy mains out there that are completely fine with the changes and nerfs (like me for example) but it’s the same few people that repeatedly spam “Revert Mercy”, “Mercy is unfun” “Why Valkyrie is a bad ultimate” threads over and over again.

I hope Blizzard lets them cry without reacting to it because after a while it will stop, they will (hopefully) get over it and switch characters or completely stop playing.

3 Likes

The irony is real? Sprinkles is the one saying the following:

“I’m just giving my feedback.”
-Yet doesn’t want us to give ours

“Just don’t click on my post if you disagree”
-Yet can’t just “not click” on Mercy posts

Attacks Mercy players and accuses them, yet when they fight back, calls to the mods for help and cries wolf.

“Stop assuming we all think you’re cultists”
And here you are saying exactly that.

The irony levels are high, but it’s on your side, not ours.

9 Likes

Profile is private gottem! :no_mouth:

She objectively was all this time. It remains to be seen if it remains true.

In my opinion - yes. That “opinion” part is something mercy spammers often forget when going on another “everybody agrees with us” tirade.

She is now.

I mean, if you look at all the dumb***es that somehow fail to use it - yeah, I’m starting to suspect so.

Now, can anybody do the same for mercy spam scriptures? Like:

Single rez can never be balanced.
20 nerfs mean that rework is a failure.
Devs ignore us and never answer to our demands.
Mass rez mercy was balanced.

Thanks in advance. Maybe I’m missing something here.

You want me to quote the “I apologize, my bad.” Honestly you are so immature.
I don’t think you should talk much either. You call people who disagree with your not constructive, never backed up opinion “lynch mob” or “cultists”. You are in no position acting all high and stuff.

This is literally a video game. Made for fun. Fun is AT LEAST equal to balance.

Also Mercy is no longer the best support, and if you think she is, you’re delusional. I’m not saying she’s the worst, but she is FOR SURE not the best.

Also a skill Mercy needs that others don’t: being the #1 target at all times and needing to keep yourself alive like no other hero needs to. While Mercy is doing her job she is 100% helpless, she can only run. What other hero is like that?

1 Like

Amen, everything you say is spot on. I’m also a mercy player and I agree with everything you say.

The whole forums is a Mercy dump at this point. Literally every second thread is about mercy revert or some other spam. The whole forums is literally your feedback.

Every post is about Mercy, you drown the entire froums, literally impossible to have any discussion anymore.

You literally false report any opinion other than revert, false report users for trolling/spam or real life threats and derail threads. It’s literal mob justice. Stop pretending like it isn’t the case.

Oh I’m sure you can edit some old post and then present it as “See? I apologised”. I already know all your tricks mate. Let me guess, you are going to flag all my posts now as real life threats/spam/troll because I don’t agree with you. And if that doesn’t work you will get your discord buddies to the job as well so I have to contact a moderator to un-silence me. The day you stop with the mob justice cultist behavior is the day I will stop calling you that.

1 Like

Feeding fuel into fire is bad. My advice is to move on and pick a new topic-- you won’t make a wall budge.

How is this post not locked yet I wonder as it devolved really quickly from being a place to discuss… well… anything.

From the start if I look at it.

3 Likes

Sombra. ba-dum-tsss

Seriously though, if you don’t have fun with character, it doesn’t mean everybody doesn’t. Like, I don’t have fun with pretty much entire DPS roster (with exception of Mei - she’s ameising) - should I demand that roster to be changed to my needs and desires? Or should I just stick to the characters I have fun playing?

1 Like

This, it’s not relevant to the game-- it’s relevant to the caricature of players.

-I have never reported a post. Opinions are opinions. The fact you assumed I had is sad and proves how you stereotype us all into one person to fit your straw man argument.

-“every post” is not about Mercy. And you act as though they actually drown out other posts. If people didn’t want to talk about her, then Mercy posts would just sink to the bottom never to be seen again. Yet they don’t. Weird. And it’s not like a Mercy post “takes the place” of another post. There are unlimited space for posts.

-“the whole forums is literally your feedback” False, but ok

1 Like

Sombra is not like that. She can defend herself. She literally has a gun. Like… what? Her role is a disrupting the enemy team, that doesn’t 100% mean hack is the only thing that fulfills that role.

And I’m not saying that nobody has fun playing Mercy. It just seems a LOT of people don’t. Which isn’t good in a game, meant to be fun to play.

And a lot of people don’t have fun playing Doomfist - yet I don’t see them torturing themselves with that character. Why mercy players do?

Sombra part was a joke on how weak she is :Р

She is not even decent if you ask me. Played 30 comp games.
Avrg healing done - 9.8k (dropped from 10.7k)
Avrg resses - 5.81 (dropped from 6.8)
Avrg dmg amplified - 1.2k (dropped from 1.8k)
So what do we see? The healing nerf made her valkyrie weaker but also made her struggle keeping targets alive meaning that she will need to stay on healing far more. Less dmg boost, less resses.

Not even gonna edit it. I apologized quote on quote “I apologize, my bad”. You are childish and don’t want to admit it. Or you just don’t remember it, because you can’t use it as an argument. The only Mercy discord I am in is a chill zone, discussing balance and other games mostly. I could copy the chat for you if you want. (I will remove name for privacy reasons). I’m not going to flag you (just yet) because there is nothing to flag you for. Sadly immaturity is not a reason. You are offensive, ignorant, nonobjective and appearently attention hungry as you instatly reply to everything anyone says about you with 1 sentence which is mostly your opinion. Conversations with you lead to nowhere, I think all the forumers know that. You twist words and situations the way they suit you.
As I said above you present your opinion as a fact and throw the “deal with it, idc” card at the end.

TLDR; I’m gonna quit the conversation with you. It leads to nowhere, it is not worth mine or anyone’s (if someone wants to engage with you) time. See ya

EDIT: Maybe someone will take you seriously when you stop referring to people as lynch mob/cultists.

I mean this post from the very beginning is set out to inflame the player base that likes Mercy.

Look mods read this over as it’s a complete stereotype attack.

This is ultra toxic LOL… like come on now. It’s the OPs opinion but surely he could have stated things much less offensive-like if they wanted a civil discussion.

Also interesting enough you don’t even have any hours on Mercy either. But a player with 400+ hours on her is outclassed by a person that doesn’t even have Mercy in their most played! :woman_shrugging:t3:

I haven’t seen any doomfist mains complaining he’s not fun to play. And frankly why would they have chosen to main him if he wasn’t fun to play? He hasn’t changed in a major way where I would understand suddenly not liking him.

For Mercy her gameplay was TOTALLY changed with her rework. That’s why people suddenly found her not fun, when she was before. But for Doom it’s not that simple.

4 Likes

You naughty Macster. But ofc. These people who don’t play Mercy have the gamesense and knowledge of a grandmaster. No Mercy main can compete with them. We need to completely disappear or kindly go and delete ourselves. We are not worth these private profiles claiming to be Mercy OTPs time

/sarcasm

3 Likes

Absolutely, but I don’t believe civil discussion to be the goal here.

There was a thread already written by one of the others currently on this thread designed to entrap users. It seems as though it would be beneficial to get everyone riled up so that they have a picture that fits the caricature.