This gatekeeping is scary

I ugh, want to believe that the dev group is as capable of understanding the forums as much as we do.

Not sure why we needed that ‘one thread’ to speak or prove such thing.

Every hero has a ‘forum gang’ which is of course, the minority compared to the overall audience of the game.

I think if it’s a revert Mercy thread then it isn’t false flagging because those are all spam in a can yo

1 Like

As a toxic DPS Hanzo main who constantly screams “rEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REZZ MEEE!!1!” into my mic and thats all i use it for i kinda want mass rezz

Well, this is kind of an example on differences between people and why some Mercy players are torn up about Mercy becoming less fun to play. I enjoy getting really good with one hero the same way I enjoy learning one version of photoshop really well (I don’t like to upgrade softwares, phones, or other technologies unless there is a new feature I really need).

I enjoyed playing Mercy for around 200 hours (my second highest hero had like 6 hours and there were like 18 heroes I never even tried). I completely understand that Mercy needed balance nerfs, and I absolutely agree that people without experience playing Mercy can comment on balance fixes etc. What I’m not ok with is people claiming that “Mercy is fine now” because she’s balanced, when I and many with me think that she might be balanced, but she’s not fun and therefore she’s not fine. And I completely accept that there are those who think Mercy is fine, both from an enjoyment and balance perspective. But I will continue to fight for changes that makes Mercy more fun for me to play, because ultimately I want to have fun while playing the game however selfish that might sound.

He literally didn’t say once in his post that they should “shut down all talk about her”

This is against CoC and certainly looks like false flagging…

I guess you have to know all about the CoC if you skirt around breaking it for a hobby

2 Likes

Hahaha, I was literally about to say the same. The Neon dude also keeps talking about CoC giving his professional advice, when he literally false reported me for a real life threat and managed to get me silenced before a mod intervened and proved me innocent.

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

These are things some Mercy mains have done, as well.

2 Likes

Ooohhh, I get it know. My response to this isss,

Someone else already called him out for this. I just copied and pasted it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not all Mercy threads fall under this…

I’m sorry, Mercy threads get made to start fights?

I didn’t say all. Im not sure why you keep assuming I mean all Mercy threads.

The second point is in regards to the vocal minority Mercy mains who have entered other people’s threads to derail them.

This is the quote I linked, the one you responded to:

He literally says that he flags anything mercy related as spam which is considered to be abuse of the flagging feature.

I don’t even address them directly

No matter what, it’s a trap

Everything they say is bait and nothing they say is good.

I am not that person, I don’t see why you’re assuming I do the same thing. I’m saying that there are some vocal minority Mercys that also fall under the definition of spam.

Cool, report them and move along. Making a whole thread to generalise a whole community and venting about it is not helpful and just makes the OP look like a toxic person. Also, have you seen the OP’s profile? Literally, the OP talks way too much about Mercy if he clearly hates discussing about her.

https://imgur.com/a/i2Joc1U

But a top 500 Mercy main can play Mercy much better than a Mercy main in Plat, due to their understanding of Mercy’s kit. No-one’s said that you have to be a top 500 Mercy one-trick to comment on balance, except you. You have every right to talk about Mercy’s balance, but your opinion can still be incorrect.

She’s easy to pick up. I thought that was implied by ‘Low skill floor’.

And so therefore, every Mercy one-trick in GM has used SR exploits to get to the rank they’re in? Your friends experience is not shared by every GM Mercy main, and to instantly assume that a GM Mercy main is boosted says a lot.

In the old system this was possible, yes. But they fixed that. So, what’s your point? That because they’re a GM Mercy main, they must have used an SR exploit?

If they enjoy playing that hero, I see no issue. To them, that’s 400 hours of enjoyment.

Where did I say you used SR abuse?

You called yourself a Mercy player. To me, that implies that Mercy is one of your most played heroes. Their point was that Mercy isn’t even one of your most played, therefore to call yourself a Mercy player is a little silly.

Again, a Mercy one-trick or a GM player will have a much better understanding of how the game works. Therefore, their opinions will most likely be better than someone with 1 hour on Mercy or a Bronze player.

Sounds like you’re gatekeeping here. You don’t need to be a Pharah one-trick nor GM to understand the game or understand balance. :wink:

And there we go. What happened to being against gatekeeping? You complain about gatekeeping and how you don’t have to meet certain requirements to have an opinion, and yet here you are. Claiming that your opinion is more valid than another’s, because they play Mercy. The fact that Mercy is their most played hero makes their opinion invalid?

1 Like

Okay. I now fully understand how the person who wrote this feels. I was on the Bastion discussion, discussing how my real life experience (both military AND gaming) helped me to be able to keep him a viable threat and i’ve got some toxic people trying to verbally lynch me when I try to tell them how I did it/do it…

When people try to bring you down on these forums just don’t even respond

it isn’t personal they just want to get people to feel as low as they do in real life, which is probably really sad for them.

You literally cannot prove this at all…