This game is a serious joke

I would disagree with widow alone if you are smurfing on widow you aren’t good.

Tracer is also the same.

Doom genji are understandable as they don’t work inhigher ranks well.

1 Like

Sure soon you will start to talking of some conspiracies.

No is you not get the point.

Majority of people don’t have problems of smurfs or cheaters, so you can’t expect people trust you if you don’t give proofs.

Is a bit old but will work “pics or it didn’t happen”.

its not just ME saying it. high tiers pretending to be in lower tiers (somewhere they don’t belong upsetting the balance) will create issues with matchmaking

Yeah as a high MMR veteran players it was the smurfs on my latest main account placement matches that ruined the experience. Some of them were clearly even higher than where they are with their mains so they made constant dog plays and callouts, but because they’re hiding behind their alt account they’re extremely toxic. I had to mute 2 of my last placement matches because of how badly these degens clogged the comms with their webcam mics blaming and yelling all types of stuff when the opponents’ smurf Hanzo killed them off cooldown until we lost the game

If I was able to do at least my placement matches without half the games being ruined by these degens I’d probably at least play those, but what’s the point when all I’m doing is gamling my SR with which team gets more high tiered players playing the game?

There’s also a simple solution to this:

1. Suspend alt accounts from competitive gameplay in general. No need to suspend them completely, but if they get reported a lot, they could be excluded from the competitive gameplay in general
  2. Rise the bar for competitive to level 100. At lvl 25 it takes them one gameplay session to reach competitive gameplay. With lvl 100 it would take 5 of them which would considerably raise the bar for alt accounts/smurfs and bottleneck them from being so abundant in the competitive mode
1 Like

This comment show exactly the real problem of fake accusations.

People don’t understand the differences between normal alt accounts, “problematic” alt accounts and smurfs.

That’s true, but it’s also true that the Code of Conduct strictly gives the community power to also be deciders of what’s acceptable behavior and what’s not, as it is so said literally in it and we all accept those terms whenever we buy the product or use the product. If a hundred players deem just a normal alt account to be a gameplay problem big enough so that they report them and said account gets suspended, then the procedure goes as intended and nothing is wrong with it. That is an official stance on the matter, not just pure speculation and opinions which is what considering certain accounts “normal alt accounts” and others “abnormal alt accounts” or whatever you want to call the categories

‘‘sMurFs arent aN isSue’’ (forum smurfs defenders)

meanwhile this morning got a guy (thanks god in qp) who said he was on the 4th acc to derank in gold and play with his friends…

2 Likes

I have an alt for playing support. The MM quickly got me to my normal level in a few games - I’m just a gold - but because that put my with people with silver, gold and plat borders in QP I was being called a smurf every other game because I was on a level under 25. I imagine comp is the same. They don’t understand that a smurf on level 15 would be playing with other low level players to stomp them, not with plat borders which shows I was trying and not smurfing. Whole teams turn against you so what an actual smurf is is not well understood.

1 Like

You not understand, in the AMA a Developer of Blizzard itself already differentiate between normal alt accounts and “abusive” alt account.

Developer stated many “smurfs” are only friends want to play with others friends.

They will do something to make a better matchmaking and limit in some way the new alt accounts, but they know many accusation are fake.

Not true because the report procedure is automatic and do fake reports is against the rules, so is more probably this hundred of players to risk a ban if they are caught.

Only because you beated by someone with low level not mean he is a smurfs.

Proof it or not true and even in this case, you need to find alot more people to proof there is a problem.

People forgotten their single experience is too little to proof there is a problem.

No no, I fully understand and you told me nothing I didn’t already know. You don’t understand what I meant that

aren’t fake reports if they report abnormal behavior that is directly having a considerable impact on their gameplay. As stated on the CoC:

Behaviour

Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. **Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports** and Blizzard's decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

Seems you want to hide an important part of the CoC

“While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable, and will result in penalties to your account.”

Again only because you can’t accept someone is better of you, you don’t have the right to do a fake reports.

Sure, but nobody gets suspended for reporting alt accounts/smurfs in their games, because up until the point when they actually get suspended and Blizzard revokes their suspension, is both the reports and the suspension warranted and completely follow the procedure of the CoC. If they make a decision to revoke said suspension from an alt account (which they won’t) they won’t suspend those players retroactively. They leave them be because they had the right to make the judgement on the spot at the time

False reporting usually constitutes players reporting others for saying “gg” or reporting them for hero picks and typical stuff like that. Boldest one’s are those who openly flaunt on the forums that they report players for this and then get suspended for it. You can argue that “normal alt accounts” don’t constitute for this, which I personally agree on, but if someone else simply argues differently then it’s a stalemate situation in terms of acceptable behavior and it’s up to Bliz to make a decision afterwards. If however someone manages to gain such a huge attraction in terms of reports that they get suspended for it, there’s next to no chance to get it revoked

It’s nothing persona from me as I have these alt accounts and sometimes play on them, but it is how the system is.

If you want to think in this way ok.

But the reality is many times Blizzard revoke ban for fake reports of alt accounts.

And they talked of how in various alt accounts is normal in most of the situation in the AMA recently.

So i suggest you to start to accept there are people better of you and with alt accounts and this situation isn’t against the rules.

Reporting them instead is against the rules.

Stop being salty dude. It’s like you took this personally or something. I don’t report any of these and know that there are better players out there. Stop making stuff up :rofl: Anyways this topic is clearly done deal here with this, Jesus…

1 Like

Not salty only stating the facts.

And in your comment you said

“Some of them were clearly even higher than where they are with their mains so they made constant dog plays and callouts, but because they’re hiding behind their alt account they’re extremely toxic”

" 1. Suspend alt accounts from competitive gameplay in general. No need to suspend them completely, but if they get reported a lot, they could be excluded from the competitive gameplay in general"

From your comment is evident you are against high rank people using alt account, even if isn’t against the rules normally and if they get falsely reported you want them outside of competitive.

So you don’t want to dirt your hands but want others to false reports to remove someone you don’t like?

i had a friend who on diamond, and he has like 20 account and more in bronze and silver rank…

i also have alt account in to my with my silver friends, since i cant play main account because SR difrence is too big, i play this alt account only if im with my friends otherwise i wont use it, i just hoping blizzard remove SR restrictions for playing comp for diamond and below, so i dont have to use alt account to play with my friend

and i can tell playing in silver is smurf fiesta

1-2 year ago i can rank up in silver to plat like in 1 day… right now it literally take atleast 2 week if im lucky LMAO

1 Like

My favorite thing is how other dev teams are starting to combat these issues with Smurf’s in their game but blizz is too dense to do anything about it. You would think they would do something about to since they are once again in another PR nightmare and a serious lawsuit. But I guess they want the 10% to be happy though because money.

1 Like

The reality is no SH can combat the smurfs in the way some players want to think.

Simple because there isn’t real big problem of smurfs in this game and many do fake accusation, complicating the developers work.

See dota 2, they talked alot, but don’t needed to act alot.

This is the situation, real smurfs are few and is a big problem for Developers to deal to many fake reports.

[quote
This game matchmaking is completely broken.
[/quote]

I want to say it’s been like this since I started back playing.

Yeah, most of my QP matches are like this (not that I mind them much since it’s QP). I have started to appreciate when all players are on the same plane of gamesense, as opposed to just having 1 good person and a smurf while everyone else is not as good.

Smurfs do mess up people trying to climb, even more notably solo climbing since people will be less likely to communicate, whereas smurf teams decimate players actually playing on their skill.

It’s all good to say “git gud” but on console when people like to use M&K at times (not just increasing sensitivity), reaction time will be drastically different and impossible to adapt.

Is there anything we can do about it other than report? Not really, but we’ll see if Blizzard will want to do something about matchmaking in the sequel.