This game has officialy hit "trash" status

This is where I recognize you from!

50% win chance is what is forced, but statistically, 50% win chance will equate to 50% win rate.

The aim requirement and smaller hitboxes is what makes Overwatch different and fun for me actually (versus the superior paladins). However, when the entire skill ceiling of the game is literally dependent on it… of course you’ll get everyone wanting to play DPS heroes. Which in turn is ruining comp balance in ranked.

Literally, the reason everyone is crying about “instalocks dps” and asking for role queue is because they make a match’s win-condition so dependent on dps. A tank/support literally cannot carry a match in the same level of efficiency than they can carry it playing a dps. It’s just a fact. The faster you can kill, the more likely you are to win the objective. What kills the fastest? DPS. Period. No counter argument, don’t even try.

So what was Blizzard’s response? Brig. Good intention… terrible execution. They made her so unbalanced, so OP with so much utility… that they ruined the introduction of a great “zoning support” hero and instead introduced a 0-aim, unkillable, CC-beast-DPS of a machine that just totally ruined any potential for this game to adopt more MOBA-like heroes. And SURPRISE, what do we get for the next new hero? Oh… ANOTHER DPS hitscan… instead of a fun, high-impact, maybe high-skill ceiling main tank…

It’s just bad design dude… literally… really bad rock-paper-scissors hero design decisions that are throwing a wrench into the balance of this game and causing people to get frustrated that nobody wants to fill, so they throw up their hands and walk away from it. How un-fun it is to be told: “no, you can’t play hero-X because the enemy is running hero-Y”. Instead, just pick DPS and hope you can out-kill the enemy despite, “with skill” instead of teamwork… such is the current state of Overwatch.

2 Likes

It seems that I play some other Overwatch which have problems, but most of the time the game brings incredible pleasure. And judging by many negative topics with screaming titles like this, many people play a terrible Overwatch-game where no balance has ever been and never will be, all the characters are broken, no fixes happen, the developers do not react to the players’ feedback and everything is always bad.

But “Trash”? Seriously? You guys overreacting.

Blizzard has nothing to do with this. Toxic community is destroying this games. Its people, not company behind the game.

Best state ? Is it your first season ? Do you really think that ? Why ?

Did you forget

Still no review of ranked match no spectate top.

The training mode is a joke.

The toxic player are not punished.

They can spam chat, vocal. and spam emote, you cant do anything about it.

The server are bad compare to others competitive games.

And i forget many things. You can do your own research, or play srlsy to the game.

1 Like

Yes I really think that.

I’ve been here since launch and have 500 hours on my most played.

They have to give more PBSR, if you ask me.

I’m all for even matches. They probably are right to try and force each match to give you a 50% chance to win. Close matches are more fun.

The problem is, when you’re playing really well… how can they balance that out? To make an even match they have to stick you with the worst player they can find, assuming you’re currently one of the hottest in that SR range.

It ends up feeling unfair, and results in what feels like a forced losing streak. Even if that’s not what they intend.

So, you and the horrible teammate both lose the same SR. Over and over again, and neither player really gets to their true rank fast enough.

Imo, giving more personal SR and not allowing random throwers and leavers to ruin YOUR rank will help people feel like they got the rank they deserve. If I played bad, I don’t mind losing SR because that’s on me. What I hate is losing SR for 6 games in a row full of leavers, throwers and people who don’t group up. I drop a But and suddenly get better teammates? Seems backwards.

2 Likes

You can’t trust pbsr. They are too incompetent to track stats

Your entire posting history between the two accounts you post on consists on nothing but this. Just stop playing this game already. This game is not for you.

The game is bad because it is a competitive game catered to casuals.

The punishment system is an absolute joke.

Groups mixed with solos with 1000 SR spread(how are you supposed to create a fair game with that)

The people that play this game are disgustingly toxic and never get dealt with

2 Likes

The matchmaking is the worst I’ve ever seen right now. Silver and Gold are both wildly inconsistent, and I’ve heard a lot of people losing up to 1000 SR right now.

Also while I’m getting a lot of SR for the occasional win (42% winrate) and not losing much for losses, it’s just way too insufferable to secure those wins. People here will say like “It’s okay, just grind 1000 games and it’ll even itself out!”, but who wants to spend that much time in trash games just to be matched with people at their skill level? I finally uninstalled for now.

If you getting bad teamates it’s your own fault, fix your mmr instead of complaining on the forums that you played so bad with the heroes you played you’re even worse than those at your rank.

“But imma a flexor I’m straight outta OWL!!!”

The matchmaker doesn’t care, but it never forgets your individual play so you HAVE to live with results.

Mmm matchmaker that makes kids deal with their individual performance mmmmmmmm

How can you even compare something like that across different roles and the vast amount of characters though? A DPS main in the bottom 20th percentile is probably a lot different than a support main in the bottom 20. And the vast amount of characters with various balancing only makes it more complex.

Also the different roles enable each other. Better teams produce better stats, especially for certain characters. Tanks creating space will enable the DPS to get more picks, teams grouping together will help supports keep everyone topped off, etc.

Then you have the flexers. People that are maybe an alright DPS main but feel the need to flex to tank despite not really knowing what they’re doing.

It’s way more complicated than that.

People fail to realize that the algorithm that they use is either really dog crap, or it’s very unstable. I’ve dropped almost 600 SR. Nothing has changed. A few bad games, and it keeps on placing you with worse and worse team mates. The snowball effect makes the game so crappy, that it makes someone go out and buy another account if they really want to play competitive again. Yeah…that’s not shady. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes