This game/community is exactly the same as 2 years ago

• It’s not because something is bad that it can’t get worse.
  • A prolonged exposure to something bad will be experienced as getting progressively worse because 1) the effect of disillusion (people hope it’ll get better, but it doesn’t, resulting in averse reactions) and 2) frustration plays a big role.
  • ‘Dying’ is a sensational term that basically means ‘the game is on decline’ regardless of how weak or strong the decline is, so in that regard ‘dying’ can take a really long time.
  • Complaints of two years ago being the same as now is not a good sign for any company.
1 Like

Why in God’s name are you here then?

1 Like

You’re not wrong…but I put it up because of how often I see

X was better before…devs stopped doing Y…I wish we had Z again

And I laugh because people complained about all that stuff just as much before

The fact that they haven’t realistically nerfed any of the frontrunners of goats in almost a year sets the tone that they just don’t care.

But Sombra was slightly OP for 10 days so that got balanced changed super fast.

Those charts come from Omnic Meta and lately they’ve been doing more hero specific than overall. Along with keeping track of the OWL pickraates.

This ones the latest overall I think is from Sept 2018.

I doubt the current chart looks pretty but, the next chart might look significantly more balanced. Orisa, Sym, Hammond, Bastion Junkrat and Good Sombra’s are cleaning up on the PTR at the moment and they are all underused on live atm.

With that being said, the fun angle might rear it’s ugly head at least in QP.

I’d say the Destiny 2’s, Forntite’s, and the Apex Legends compete in the sense that they can devour lots of time and offer the ability to shoot stuff. But, if you are more specific than that in what you want they aren’t really hitting the same thing Overwatch is.

I’d argue that Battle Royale games are cleaning up because they hit a specific niche people didn’t know they wanted coupled with FPS games tending to only hit what people want somewhat (Part of that is trying to hit a huge audience means the game will have things people don’t like like because people don’t like the same things).

You’ll also find some groups of people with literally 0 interest in the Battle Royale games.

Not to get off topic but that chart actually doesn’t look that bad to me…no consensus dps characters…tanks/healers higher pickrates (less choices makes sense) and aside from Ana and rein you have decent variety…

I’d imagine nowadays the dps doesn’t look much different and the tanks have larger disparity…

Again don’t want to change the direction of post but I was curious to see the chart

1 Like

because crapping on the game is all its worth.

If I were to compare Overwatch in March 2017 with Overwatch now, I’d say it has definitely mellowed down a bit. Like always, Blizz makes sure we can’t prove any of it by not reporting player numbers (singular IP counts, not multiple account as separate players), and so we can’t say what many of us already know to be true - the player count has dwindled tremendously since 2017.

Is the game “dying” though? No. I think it’s just become more niche, if we count only those people who play upwards of 25 hours a week. Whereas, had we done a count like that back in 2017, it would be clear it was still very mainstream back then.

I don’t get why people have such a hard time letting go of the popular relevance of a product they’ve grown attached to. It’s just a game. Fortnite DID in fact hurt Overwatch numbers. Why is this so hard to accept? Because we don’t have proof straight from Blizzard? Naturally. They are a company and they need to protect their currently most thriving product. You would do the same in their place.

So you have no hobbies.

2 Likes

meh I personally enjoyed 2017 overwatch a lot more. the game felt a lot more alive

What a sad strange little man…

1 Like

It’s honestly kinda sad :frowning:

1 Like

I mean I dont think people consider this the good old days of OW, if Im not mistaken this was after Ana was nerfed into oblivion and Lucio got his rework which had a lot of Ana and Lucio mains leave the game.

As for meta, idk what you expected, people are always gonna complain when they see the same 8 heroes be the only good ones all the time. This is something they still didnt figure out on how to deal with in years, at least they stopped gaslighting us with ‘‘its all in your head, all the characters are overpowered and broken’’.

Competitive had and has glaring issues, and now when you bring this up, its kind of disturbing that in 2 years we got literally nothing done with it except adding LFG (i guess) last year.

I do think that one of the most prominent changes is that you actually have more support players than tank players. Back in the olden days it was way easier to get a willing tank than a willing support.

you are living the life buddy

1 Like

Happy 2 years of being dead anniversary overwatch!

1 Like

One of the worst necro threads i’ve ever seen tbh.

https://afinde-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/5eadaf59-7c57-476e-9259-6986a70a2f40.jpg

I mean the alternative would be another post linking the same thing (or this post)…it would’ve been the same…chose option A :man_shrugging:t2:

Not trying bait…thats literally the oldest reference I’ve seen anywhere of game is dying…2 years old…today! We should celebrate how wrong we’ve been!

1 Like

The game is in maintenance mode after the first year.
You are delusional if you think the game has become better.

Also nice necro.

even then, you can just change the names and it’s still the same.

Happy 3 years of complaining about the same exact things over and over again and acting like things are somehow different and worse anniversary!!!

decided to check after that other game is dying post we just had and sure enough this was a year ago…couldve reposted but meh…its still relevant even today