This "Experiment" .. what a joke

Moreover, exactly how they said they would.

Jeff literally said experimental would not be major changes and tbh, it’s already more used than expected as he said it would be sporadic.

Idk why you would expect the opposite of what he said…and then be mad at how he isn’t doing what he didn’t say he would :woman_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

Amd they literally said that’s what they would be doing most of the time.

I’m still confused about what part of this surprises you.

6 Likes

Perhaps I still have way too much hope for this game, you’re right.

I’m fine with having hope. But that means making new posts about what you want . But don’t have hope and expectations for the literal opposite of what Jeff explicitly said he was planning to do :neutral_face:

Because then your disappointment isn’t justified.

But why didn’t they just nerf CC and nerf high mobility at the same time and then put it in experimental? After all, isn’t that what the card is about?

1 Like

CC is part of overwatch, if you don’t like it maybe this isn’t the game for you. : (

Honestly I’m thankful that most of the changes are very mild. This whole push to just generic FPS shooter is awful. Overwatch isn’t a good classic FPS. They should’ve embraced the hero shooter genre and focused on improving the elements borrowed from MMO/MOBA games rather than trying to reinvent the entire game to appeal to the FPS crowd that already has countless titles out there.

Counterplay would have been better than just nerfing CC, but oh well

2 Likes

TBH, I expected a bit more from the patch notes. But at the same time I’m happy they are addressing the problems without overkilling the characters (like what happened to D.va after the nerfs and release of sigma).

Plus, these are good changes, and it can make the game feel a little less frustrating.

Yes, number tweaks. It’s all still numbers, and you’ve proven it by doing math with them.

Because that’s not a “just”. What you’re asking for is something that needs a lot more thoughts and work than what they proposed and what they planned to do with this patch.
It’s pointless investing that much time for something that could be bad, when you have other ideas to make the matter better, and when you are already working on something big that needs new technical stuff and a shift in the paradigme of the game.

3 Likes

I’ve always said that I don’t mind being stunned. Its the stun, then stun, then sleep until you die that I don’t like.

Really, I understand why CC is healthy in games like this; I intimately understand because I’m making a game just like this (and I have MORE status effects in my game than in OW), but there does need to be more counters to CC in this game.

What major changes would you expect?
Jeff already said the major changes to CC would only come to OW2, which they are considering and testing with.
And besides major mechanisms changes are only tested in PTR, only tweaks can be tested in ExC.

I guess same reasons why they didnt made more changes to 321, because they dont know yet fully what to do with that, and because probably it cound contradict with what they plan to do later.
For example, they dont want to nerf mobility, so during OW2 pve you will not feel much limited, after all many players find mobility as a fun part of the game. CC was made to balance it, but was also weapon agains anything else, when they try to use other ways to deal with mobility (like easy to hit weapons aka moira) people also are not happy about it.
Its hard to choice what to change especialy now, when they do work mostly on OW2 anyway.

Tanks changes in 321 were more than tweaks imo. But yea, they not gona do much now with CC.

But those changes were just numbers changed actually, Hog’s cloud gas ability was like those effects created in the Workshop.

Workshop can do many things, even mass rez. :man_shrugging:
All they do is just changes in code tbh. So all its number changes, and it was more than just changing stats of abilities to give them additional functions. Like zarya buble tergeting differend way to hit group

Doom, Sigma, Hammond, Orisa, Brigitte have all been nerfed down in terms of CC duration as well even before this experimental. The difference between CC a year ago and now is pretty significant. Small changes add up overtime. That meme about Rein being punched around like a pinball because of the terrible CC doesn’t happen anymore.

1 Like

Or they could just not put that much thought into it and get a lot of feedback.

That’s with the assumption that the competitive side even matters. We would have had fundamental changes to how comp is treated if that were the case.

You sound very greedy. They lowered the time meaning there is more chance for you to escape and survive. Its a huge and great change