This Exp is discouraging and very problematic

No, I am not. I am talking about what changed.

Exactly. It means considerably more risk to get value and reduces his output in the vast majority of situations. Net nerf. When you apply changes that are a net reduction of power on an already underperforming hero you make them just plain bad.

It is not punishing skill shots, it is reducing their value considerably.

I have done that. Know how often positioning even makes that a possibility? Almost never. And even when it does, going that deep usually means it was a suicide kill, unless the Pharah was WAY out of position.

The skill shots we are talking about, the ones that most good Junkrats do are things like:
*Lobbing a couple nades across the fight to tag the healers or ranged with a double shot.
*Banking a couple shot around a corner to catch the McCree off guard before he comes out and flash kills you.
*Tagging the Genji out of the air.
Etc.

Those are all being reduced in value to the point that it is basically pointless.

Again, large increase in risk for small increase in value. And at the same time most situations are taking a large nerf. We are not seeing any change to help balance the increase risk. Why are we not seeing something like extra health to make up for the fact he will unquestionably be taking more damage? Again, net power decrease on an underperforming hero.

Thanks for helping highlight why the extra damage inside 15m is a pretty insignificant buff.

Winston and Rein are already not great at dealing with Junkrat. Typically he can keep them at just outside their effective range. More notably they are really the only ones he can keep inside the 15m while being outside their ideal area. This, while not a hugely significant buff, is a buff vs them. But really only them.

Her barrier already dies in 2 frags. Her barrier is 200 health. Current frags do 120, so it takes two. Exp change would be 150 damage (if close) and take two. Zarya’s bubble doesn’t allow any over damage to go through. So zero change. And in that time she is going to be hitting him. Zarya will kill him before he gets her. And unlike Rein/Winston there is not way to keep the 15m damage while not being consistently hit. The buffed damage impact on her will be even more minor than Rein/Winston. To the point of negligible.

Yes. But that is why it is best to speak up to potential issues now while it is still subject to change.

True, many are not. But, some are. But you have to be careful of going the other way and just throwing up your hands and saying whelp, we don’t know everything so no point in even considering. Ruling out any discussion because we don’t have the whole picture is arguably just as bad as assuming we know more of the picture than we do.

It genuinely boggles my mind to think there are people out there under the impression that a hero that is in the top 2 picked in their role at EVERY rank could possibly think they need help.

Like???

Something is obviously already working for him if his pickrate has stayed this busted at high rank. It would have plummeted months and months and months ago when players picked up on the fact that they’re “losing more games than they’re winning”.

Just goes to show winrate isn’t a valid metric for measuring mccree’s relative strength and is in no way a reason to buff him. I think it’s well established by now that high rank players choose what’s meta over what’s fun more often than not. Him being fun doesn’t even come close to explaining how high his pickrate is towards the top of the leader board.

1 Like

His win rate is the worst in the game, that means he is not doing good.

He is popular because he is fun to play, but his win rate is terrible which means people who play him lose more than they win.

It is, some people just prefer to say it isn’t because it is inconvenient to them.

A great start for 2021 folks, another patch that buffs tank busting.

Here’s an excerpt from AndyB latest non-creator Exp feedback post:

“* Feedback from Tank players has been highly critical of this Experimental Card. General sentiment is that the increase in damage for Torb, Cassidy, and especially Junkrat are highly detrimental to their play experience with some pointing to this as further evidence of tanks being low in priority for the dev team.”

Yes, months later and we have further evidence still, that tanks being FUN does not matter in the slightest. Please prove me wrong, with action, not words.