This event was disappointing.. (aka a flop)

No new gamemodes
Less than the normal amount of skins we’ve received before
Less cosmetics in general

Just a big flop imo… this game had so much potential to the average playerbase… why waste your energy inn owl and other boring things? Like I was expecting at least 1-2 more kegendaries than normal (9-10 in total) because of the lack of communication and content. Like yes, new gamemodes and maps and heroes are in development, thanks for the update mr kaplan, but we already knew that. He gave us no new information on really anything we didn’t already know before…

Like work on something the whole community wants like more skins, event gamemodes… anything?

Also mercys wings on her skins are so UGLY LIKE SERIOUSLY ONLY 6 LEGENDARIES AND THISE UGLY WINGS?! THE COMMUNITY HATES HALF THE SKINS BECAUSE THEYRE SO BASIC! For real blizzard??

50 Likes

This is a joke right?

The developers said they are trying to get events to be less of a huge thing and just a nice touch. They’d rather focus on permanent features rather than temporary game modes.

Please get a grip and enjoy the cute update.

70 Likes

It is kind of sad that I feel like the Blizzard skin team is really doing a ‘meh’ job lately. When I feel like the average fanartist on Deviant art could have come up with a more cohesive AND compelling design? Thats’a bad news, Mama-mia.

16 Likes

While the event is a bit repetitive, do remember they are working on bigger things:

20 Likes

Of course but what have we seen? Nothing besides the World Cup viewer, which is useless for the majority of the playerbase… what else besides that and some basic skins? Literally nothing besides 2 small qol features and some balance changes

9 Likes

And how is this constructive at all?
You decided youd come to these forums and just complain and whine, theres nothing here telling blizzard how they can improve, youre actively choosing to ignore everything good and spread negativity.

8 Likes

Because they are WORKING on them. The devs don’t have magic powers to add features whenever you ask them for it.

They need to spend TIME working on these features and plans. Time that making a temporary Christmas game mode takes away.

9 Likes

But does it really take that long? We’ve still heard nothing interesting. Nothing good or new since Ashe. That was like 2 months ago… this event was just copy and paste with literally nothing new but some basic victory poses and skins

5 Likes

Yes, coding from scratch takes a very long time. Whining about an event being lacking and not giving constructive criticism is not going to speed it up either. If anything it’ll slow down their progress because they have to take time to please people who complain about it not being good enough for them specifically.

8 Likes

The point on hero balance sounds like something someone who owns a run down motel would say.

“Ya know, it’s a lot nicer than these negative reviews would have you believe… I mean we have hot water now, that’s something!”

11 Likes

Exactly.

The events absolutely spoiled us these first two years. Now that Blizz is toning them down a little bit so they can focus on other, longer lasting features, people seem to be freaking out.

Funniest part is that when they were pouring a lot of effort into events, you had people (very reasonably) complaining that they’d rather have content that lasts for the other 49 weeks of the year.

Turns out, you just can’t please everyone. /shrug

12 Likes

The joke is that they are giving us nothing new and you are applauding them for it.

27 Likes

They have repeated themselves, they told us not to expect anything new yet because they are developing other things.

It’s like, they told you what your expectations should be…and you still are disappointed about things they told you were going to happen.

11 Likes

This is it right here. People will complain either way, but imo, permanent content > event content. I much prefer what they are doing now to what has been going on

5 Likes

Don’t forget the excessive amount of reworks and major balance changes to specific heroes we’ve gotten over the past year or so (looking at Hanzo, Sombra, Torb, and Sym). Not to mention the slightly smaller, but still relatively large changes that happened to other heroes such as Road, Pharah, Doom, and Brig. The past few months have been pretty big as far as balance changes go, and that stuff doesn’t magically happen overnight.

3 Likes

One main thing I’d want to see is variations of most, if not all, maps. A winter version and Halloween version. Events don’t really feel like events except on those special maps, but there is too few at the moment.

2 Likes

Did you not watch the Dev update video back in Sept?

8 Likes

“We hear you” “we are working in that”
That lies are always the same

8 Likes

I have. Where is my new gamemodes? It’s been what? 3 months?

2 Likes

When the game has nothing but events to look forward to, then it will be a dead game.

Events should be the games strong point.

4 Likes