This community is never happy

I was happy with the animated short, but I was just a bit disappointed that after
7-8 months of waiting for another animated short, we just got another short that is just the usual 8 minutes long. I was at least expecting the short to be like 10-15 minutes long considering the wait. I really don’t mind that it was a short for D.VA though, I thought it was pretty cool and quite entertaining, I was just expecting a little more for how long we all waited. :man_shrugging:

Thanks I was just about to post that.
Some lines are callbacks to things that did happen in canon but the other 98% of the game is non canon and just fun fluff for fans

A lot of people want improvements on the current content more than new content. Like hero balances and bug fixes.

it’s almost like were not a hive mind or something weird right?

i mean how often in history do we spam or make a big deal about how complacent,good or peaceful something is.

currently there are some bugs that do ruin a hero and have been around for more than a year as balance leans more towards precise playing these bugs stand out more and more with not a fix insight, ontop of that 90% of the content added is in a lootbox and doesn’t actually add anything.

I’m fine with new heroes being added as long as previous ones aren’t bethesda quality of design (i.e super buggy) if thats the case then don’t add another one till that problems fixed (doomfist)

also this summer games has to be the weakest event, zero bug fixes to a bugged gamemode that the majority are already sick off when there are other games they can do, like genji baseball or winston basketball. but nope just some legendaries an emote (though it really is a cute emote) and the standard amount of sprays and voice lines with some purple skins

I’m on my way to your house to dump my garbage can on your porch. You better appreciate it, because it’s my gift to you. It’s free, how dare you be disgusted and yell at me you ungrateful swine.

Neither is Blizzard with the cinematics. Those who own their game and don’t get to enjoy the cinematics equally. Lots of people who don’t own the game and don’t want to own the game enjoy the cinematics.

So your point is moot.

Uh, yes they are.

Blizzard is definitely trying to keep me as a customer so that I continue playing the game and buying loot boxes/skins.

But the cinematics don’t do that.

That is the specific topic. The cinematics sell nothing and those who own Overwatch and don’t own Overwatch can enjoy them equally. You are not even required to have Battlenet launcher installed to watch them. Its free content on Youtube for everyone to enjoy.

Nothing about the cinematics encourage purchasing anything to enjoy more cinematics.

Skins, Emotes, Victory poses, and other in-game content is them trying to sell you loot boxes.

Yes they do. Cinematics are part of the experience of playing. The appeal of the game is to give characters personalities that attract players. If you think the cinematics aren’t basically ads for the game, then you’re blind as hell.

2 Likes

Except the Cinamatics are completely seperate from the game. Buying the game gains you 0 extra cinematics compared to someone who doesn’t own the game. Buying lootboxes gains you a whopping 0 compared to someone who doesn’t.

Literally a sperate entity. They aren’t even in the actual game or stored on your computer when you install it.

Sorry, but you’re simply wrong on this one. Factually.

2 Likes

By this logic, Transformers the cartoon was in no way an attempt to get kids interested in the toys and other products.

Go take a few marketing courses and get back to me.

1 Like

I agree. While the cinematic wasn’t my favorite, I really enjoyed it and the sheer animation quality competes with real movies. People don’t realize how much time it takes to make shorts like that.

1 Like

No, I’ll have you actually form a cohesive argument.

But it doesn’t seem you’re capable of doing so.

1 Like

Yeah it’s true but it’s not like we didn’t know already. These forums are made so that people who have complains can express them, so most of the threads will be negative. Even so, i’m still amazed at the level of negativity that i see sometimes here, like, people were asking for more lore and more content, and now that we have it, they hate it rofl. The map looks awesome to me and the cinematic was pretty cool as well, the only thing i can agree is that it didn’t progress much on the lore of the world but it was still pretty damn cool to watch and made me more exited about Dva as a character, i even want to play her now ha!

Don’t blame me that you didn’t understand what I said in plain English.

Bye now.

I understood perfectly fine. You’re just incapable of expressing simple thought in a cohesive form. However you can feel free to exit the conversation if you have nothing of merit to contribute.

1 Like

What wasn’t cohesive about what I told you?

A cartoon is not a separate entity from the franchise it represents. I gave you a perfect example of why in the Transformers. The point of these things is to make you or keep you interested in the product.

And I explained to you that if you’re only interested in the cinematics buying the game or lootboxes gives you nothing more of what you want. A seperate entity. You failed to provide an example of how buying the game would give you more cinematic shorts if that was what you were wanting from Overwatch.

In fact it was a common complaint for some that Overwatch the game was nothing like the Cinematics. I’ve seen several people buy and refund the game because all they wanted was lore/story but Overwatch the game doesn’t offer that.

Therefore the product of Overwatch has no actual relation to the cinematics as a product. Skins, maps, gameplay, new heroes are methods of advertising the game and promoting game sales. But since the game has no cut-scenes in its normal gameplay and has no story mode the cinematics serve no purpose to promote the game.

The cinematics are not made strictly for people that only want the cinematics. It’s made for as many types of potential or future customers as possible. Also, buying the game specifically gives Blizzard money to produce more cinematics. If nobody bought the game, do you think the cinematics would still exist?

So yes, the cinematics are specifically made for present and potential customers of the game. In fact, people who just watch them and don’t care about the game at all are probably the LEAST of Blizzard’s concerns.

2 Likes

However the game sales have declined to the point that no new customers are being generated and funds being poured into cinematics isn’t going to change that.

So the idea that the cinematics are being made to draw in new customers is naive at best.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Cinematics do nothing for promoting game sales as they are on a rapid decline commonly only happening for alternate accounts on the PC platform. There is also no promotion of loot boxes within the Cinematics as well. So at best the Cinematics are to expand on the game lore for those who already own the game and to be a nice shortfilm for those who do not.

However if you have numbers to prove me wrong feel free to provide the data of Lootbox sales and game sales the weeks before a Cinematic and the weeks after.