This community is never happy

There’s not much to be happy about the game is dying unless changes are made

1 Like

Agree with you. The forums have been turning more and more negative lately. I kind of understand the Mercy problem, but people literally complain about everything. I bet if someone gave them a suitcase of money, they would complain how they did not get two.

2 Likes

9 MONTHS SINCE ‘‘HONOR AND GLORY’’

its not like we are complaining about everything, yes they made a short , which for some people is corny and poorly written

this is feedback, we are not supposed to cheer for this just because they did it

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with an opinion on the game as long as it is actually presented reasonably.

I personally thought the latest short was a misstep. But I put my thoughts about that forward elsewhere and I am not making anyone else feel bad for liking it or trying to use it as an excuse to attack the game or developers as a whole.

What this forum needs to learn is how to share their thoughts and ideas without it degenerating into extremes. Far too many people on here are either saying that people who dislike something are spoiled, entitled brats or, on the other hand, those who support Blizzard are sheep with no self awareness.

Some good common-sense discussion is what’s needed.

1 Like

I personally wasn’t disappointed by it. Yes it didn’t give any any real super in depth details about D.va but it gave us more to her than surface details like her PTSD and how she feels pressure to keep everyone around her safe. It’s cliche but for me, and maybe a lot of her people it’s a relatable emotion. I kind of glad no one from be main cast was with her honestly. I feel doing that would take away from the (pun not intended) spotlight from D.va and her story. I’m fine with her just communicating to her friend the whole short, it’s acually nice to see she knows people outside of the main cast.

What are you basing that on?

1 Like

it takes a long time for them to make shorts, its like they can make one, once every month or something, they have their actual game to work on as well

1 Like

When overwatch is a person’s only hobby, yeah, you tend to get some of this. Just remember, it’s the vocal minority. Most players won’t ever see the cinematic and will still enjoy the game to it’s fullest.

1 Like

Protip for a happy community:
Stop. Failing. At. Every. Single. Thing.

2 Likes

And you seem to be forgetting how many problems the game has, a new short won’t fix it, nor will the mashup of Hanamura and Lijiang Tower

2 Likes

Say it with me:

“There’s nothing wrong with being critical.”

1 Like

there is something wrong to be critical in a hateful way

2 Likes

Be my guest then. Stop releasing anything and everything. See the player base being reduced to a few hundred players that won’t be buying anything. They need to release new things to spike the interest around the game. They do not do it out of the kindness of their hearts. This is a business, nothing gets done unless it adds value to the product and it can get in more money.

Also being critical of something you don’t like is not being ungrateful. It’s being critical.
Also i hate being told how to feel and react. Do that to your kids. Not in here.

1 Like

i didnt know this game revolves around shorts, hmm ok

1 Like

You can play dumb all day. Won’t change a thing. This will still be a business and they will still release “new things” in any shape or form that will eventually add value to the product and bring them more money and customers.

I can be as critical as I want about the short. If I think it wasn’t on par with the others I’ll say so and not just suck up because I worship the character.

3 Likes

It was nine months between “Infiltration” and “Rise and Shine” too, and it’ll be nine months between this Blizzcon’s short and next Gamescom’s short, too. Because every short post release has come out at Gamescom and Blizzcon. Why are people surprised by this very consistent schedule?

1 Like

I would have been happy if they did literally anything beyond another short and a new map, which was what we got two years in a row. I am pretty easy to please and rarely complain. You would never know it from how I am here because holy mackerel these developers are just testing the patience of the community at this point. I bet, if they told us to not expect anything out of the ordinary, well, you would have gotten some weirdos who took it as a sign that they were going to surprise us, but 9 out of 10 would have just assumed “okay, map and short. Got it.” Not that hard to communicate, well, for normal developers. As the Overwatch developers used to be. But nowadays they are in this state where they have to keep quiet because the situation has gotten worse, I suppose. I sort of feel bad for them.

Point me to a hateful thread

Woah, woah, woah! IM HAPPY! You’re telling me we got an awesome new map, a new short, and Rein shatter fix all in one day? I’ll take it!

I’m elated.

2 Likes