They're making superump more complicated (smh)

Well if they did, I’d be right there facepalming with you.

Do you…do you not know what the difference between superjumping and bunnyhopping is?

You sure sound like you dont.

Bunnyhopping is when Mercy using the jump button during a ga to launch herself horizontally at a faster pace.
Superjumping specifically launches her vertically in a arc and it doesnt xome with a boost.

I do not understand why you are being so headstrong here when we say that adding superjump specifically as simply pressing jump during ga wouod cancel out bunnyhop because it will.

Right, and the devs are basically combining SuperJump and BunnyHop into one ability.

Similar to how they combined RisingUpperCut and SeismicSlam into one ability.

“Look in a direction, and get launched in that direction”

This sounds horrible. Imagine you have to look up each time you want to superjump vertically, Otherwise you’ll be thrown horizontally more than often be slingshoted to the enemy.

1 Like

Which is legit a horrible way of going about it.
Mercy’s kit for the most part involves looking around at teammates loosely. Havibg to look at the sky to go up is counterproductive.

Sounds like a muscle memory thing to me.

Nah this ain’t it chief. Her SJ mechanic in Beta1 was perfect, it was easy, accessible and players had more control when to execute it. It just needed some fine tuning so that she won’t stay in the air indefinitely.

1 Like

They just don’t want to admit they messed up. It’s a pattern the devs have when it comes to Mercy

1 Like

I think the change is cool, for once I will finally respect mercy player. Mercy will finally have a skill gap, this is a great change and I hope it works well in game. I always hated how brain dead mercy really is, the fact even the lowest tier player can pick up mercy and do just as well as a mercy that is actually skilled triggers me. A skill gap shouldn’t be which mercy can jump after reaching a target, thats not skill lol. Having to keep watch of the meter and knowing when to actually use it is the best idea yet. No more easy fly to anyone on sight and then easily getting a free jump that makes it hard to kill you. Now you gotta be on edge like every other support on top of having to manage a meter in order to survive.

Doomfist does this from day 1…….XD

It is. You just think it’s more “fair” to have 95% of Mercy mains learn your style, than to have 5% of Mercy mains learn another style that’s easier.

Which chunk of Mercy players do you think is more important to the devs?
The 95% or the 5%?

Do…do you even know how her new SJ mechanic work in beta1? i said BETA-1 not OW1.

1 Like

You do realize they said beta 1 right?? Which literally made sj easy to use compared to “muscle memory” that youre complaining about.

Its greyfalcon. Dude always has to double down. He even took credit for the first beta happening at all in discord :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ah, I missed that detail.

If that were it, yeah, I’d be fine with the Beta1 style, assuming it couldn’t be used midair, and they got the UltraJump stuff fixed.

Although fixing UltraJump would probably involve getting rid of the original style of SuperJump.

Nope.

Have you ever even played Mercy. Go on, give us your hours

Lol bro it doesnt take an hour to even master mercy :joy:

You gotta admit this is some suspicious timings though.

August 7th, 2021
August 28th, 2021
September 3rd, 2021

Do you even have an hour?

Idk man, I only ever pick up mercy when I play support and thats rarely as it is. Even at 3600 I’m able to pick up mercy without any practice and still do well. Compared to every other character in the game, mercy is the only hero where the “skill” gap comes from your common sense, eh I mean “positioning” lol. Which is also not hard to do considering how mobile she is. Maybe I’m just gifted at playing mercy, idk. I honestly find her boring, no offense.

This is actually called a sling.

A bunnyhop happens when you fall off of something and hold jump before you hit the ground. Any hero can bunnyhop, only mercy can sling.

1 Like