They buffed widow

actually end me

WB and D.va nerfs too wahooooooo how fun :confused:

1 Like

I never expected Wrecking Ball to be treated like a ranged hitscan.

22 Likes

Well…he is a hitscan hero.

1 Like

I only have 100+ hours with Widow. It’s not even going to be noticeable. They could have left that alone and just tied her HP with Hanzo tbh. Still op with her though.

Huge Widow buff man, scary stuff, she gonna be super stronk now

1 Like

Right?? His guns do jack at range why was he included in the category

D.va is hitscan and so is tracer and sombra, but they play at mid to close range… which is where WBs guns are effective at too, so why not just leave him alone like them??

1 Like

Anyone have a visual representation of what 60m vs 70m looks like in game……I’m having a hard time visualizing it

1 Like

No genji or doom buffs

I hate life

2 Likes

What even is the point of a 70-100m fall off? Is that even possible in game?

1 Like

It’s mainly directed towards the grappling hook/jump shots people do with her. Winstons bubble shield is 10 meters in diameter.

2 Likes

I mean with less cree potentially that’s an indirect buff to them.

Yes. When widow originally had her falloff range nerfed plenty of people had examples of that range on certain maps like junkertown and kings row. I’m sure you can find them.

2 Likes

We got a patch years ago that increased the minimun damage from 30% to 50%. Sombra, D.Va and Tracer have never recieved this buff. They were always at 30%. So this change is just a revert.

4 Likes

Widow didn’t get buffed. All that’s changing is hitscan falloff is changing back to 30% and widow’s falloff range is being adjusted so that she isn’t really being affected by it.

4 Likes

It’s still counteracting a global nerf, seems like a buff to me

The buff makes Widow basically immune to the global nerf. Her falloff range is now longer than almost every sightline in the game, practically meaning she has no falloff unless she goes for some very specific and greedy grapple shots.

The real question is: who cares about widow falloff?

It only exists for AR mode anywaus

3 Likes

I mean why long-range hitscan should even have fall-off? Her smg now has more fall-off. From 60-85m to 70-100m is purely cosmetic on scoped shots anyways

1 Like

Because they are also dive resistant, which means the only reliable way to do anything to them is a mirror match or turtle down and push, and the playerbase hated the later. Reduced falloff range means she doesnt control her entire line of sight every single time.

There is reason DS became a mandatory comp, it was the only way to deal with the oneshots from double hitscan sniper that are dive resistant (and in fact Widow replaced Genji in Dive before GOATS).

Specially Widow with her non-existent falloff range dominating on badly designed maps like Junkertown and Havana.

The Dva one is barely going to do anything to her. The nerf to the radius is fine, but the second nerf is barely going to effect dva. You literally get you mech back after you explode it anyway, and baby dva doesn’t fly around and isn’t exactly mobile like echo so she tended to never get her call mech back before the bomb went off.

1 Like