These tank passives feel like a bunch of nothing

Supports get reduced cooldowns, DPS get some speed boost after a kill or something and tanks get… 100 HP as armor. To this day I couldn’t care less to look up how health, armor and overhealth or whatever it’s called now works, so that’s a bunch of nothing. More reduced knockback and then enemy has no knockbacks. And the best one - reduced cooldowns when below 40% HP. If I’m below 40% I’m probably just gonna die in a second. You’re either full HP or dead on a tank.
Stop trying to come up with some silly side-buffs to distract from the fact you just don’t want to bring 6v6 back.

1 Like

So you’re just being ignorant?

6 Likes

You just suck at the game bro.

Last Stand makes playing Winston into Reaper and Bastion finally bearable for once.

1 Like

are actually saying 40% debuff reduction is nothing?

1 Like

So you are a bad tank then, gotcha.

1 Like

Bro Mauga and hog can’t be punished by Ana anymore, the debuff passive is ridiculous xD
You don’t need suzu anymore.
Sig and zarya with the cooldown passive are immortal gods among insects.
Only the armor passive isn’t that good, but even that stacking armor on ball for example is ludicrous.

1 Like

I’ve played this game since day 1 OW1 and I have no clue what it means either. It’s not exactly straight forward and the game doesn’t explain anything. Armor vs shield? Oh one works against XYZ this works against YZX. Ok so then if the dps don’t run those types of heroes it’s essentially worthless? Cool.

Ramm is unstoppable. Nearly instant back to back Nemesis forms. It’s stupid unfun.

Queen with the armor passive (Now that it’s working) is kinda broken. Only one worth using on her, unless they have an Ana, then I take the debuff reduction.

No idea about the cooldown reduction, shout is on a low enough cd I can keep it up in longer fights usually.

Will test other tanks.

Its 50% reduced cooldown, thats a free bubble or two on low health Zarya

3 Likes

I would gladly trade tank passive for dps’s :laughing:

1 Like

You don’t really need to know the specifics. Armor makes you take less damage, shields regen themselves.

There’s tons of stuff in tons of games you probably don’t know the specifics of. You just see what it is and understand what it does.

To be frank, you sound like a Rein otp who has a passive playstyle (no offense).

Cooldown reduction is broken for most tanks, especially those who are cooldown-based.

Armor is the worst passive, but still a nice one for tanks without armor.

Debuff reduction is massive if the enemy team has CC-heavy heroes.

Most importantly, you get to choose your passive on the fly, based on your own hero pick and the enemy picks.

All of this reduces the impact of counter-picking and gives more agency to the players

1 Like

i think that’s the point, you can make some counter by choosing your passive, can still keep playing hog/JQ/mouga even facing ana and don’t reauire kiriko on your side

It’s because it DOES feel like a bunch of nothing quite literally

There is no feedback or enjoyable sensation behind the tank passives, or any of the passives really. They’re all invisible power, sure theyre helpful, but they dont feel good when they take effect.

Sure, you can notice when a CC doesn’t affect you as much on tank, but that’s the extent of it, unless you’re TRYING to notice it, chances are you won’t and will just carry on playing the game.

winston has always been bearable into reaper, the man has a shield.

I think they are just caustious if the compositions get too durable.

Tanks are already raid bosses and you have an option for 100 armor.

And you’re saying they feel like a bunch of nothing :weary: what do you mean!!!

1 Like

I feel like the passives simply fall into a straight buff to a character’s power level. There are a couple which I think are weak enough which I think woudl be good to keep. If a supports <50% hp, they get a 20% mov spd bonus. A tank gets -40% debuff duration.

The DPS passives seem weak enough to keep.