These support pick/winrates, wow

It actually make sense considering the amount of bad players exceeds the amount of good ones.

I think it’s because her pickrate is still dropping.

She was incredibly highly picked before and people aren’t gonna stop playing her at the drop of a hat.

People are still in the mindset of “Mercy is the best healer and support in this game” when her statistics prove otherwise.

Probably but keep in mind if she is not picked above diamond, it is mostly bad players who are playing her.

Overbuff has been slow to update…she never got a Shield Generator uptime stat lol.

She never got this in game either :confused:

Well keep in mind, Diamond and above is the top 15% percent of players.

And Mercy is top picked by the other 85%.

Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

Instead of simply boosting her heal beam up some, I think it could be interesting to add a new effect to an existing ability that adds a small heal burst under certain circumstances.

For example if you use GA on an ally from more than 20m away, you heal them for 10 points of damage.

Or Mercy could have a resource bar similar to D.va’s matrix applied to her beam that adds 10 points of healing while the resource lasts. And it slowly regenerates after Mercy hasn’t healed anyone for 5 seconds.

A small change like this could help Mercy grant a bit of extra healing only to counteract burst damage, particularly at the start of a fight. And in case of the resource bar option, reward Mercy players for not keeping their healing beam latched on to players who are already at full health.

1 Like

Why though? She’s got the easiest healing mechanics and great utility.

She still has the second highest healing per game.

She’s still the forth most played hero overall, which I’m actually happy she isn’t f tier. With snipers still very much the Meta she’s got her niche still

Give it more time. People are still adjusting to the changes. Mercy did enable overly aggressive play and it’s safe to assume people are still used to playing that way when she’s on their team expecting the same.

1 Like

I’m hoping people start to learn healers aren’t there to babysit bad play.

2 Likes

Me too. I can do my best to save an over extended team mate, but i’m not putting myself at risk and leaving the rest of the team in a 4v6 to make up for bad positioning.

3 Likes

And the support gets blamed for it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Symmetra isn’t a support and Brigitte isn’t eating spaghetti

Feelsgoodman Always wanted my granny in the spotlight

woah, mercy is no longer a must pick and the second most picked hero overall now shes only the most picked support and the second most picked hero overall with a lower winrate that happens literally always to every hero after a nerf HOW INCREDIBILY UNBALANCED

1 Like

This is why I’m saying it needs to be increased to 55/s.

2 Likes

I mean that’s more than fair, they did in fact say that, both there and in the patch notes:

but again, why? She has better utility than Moira. A better escape than Moira. You could argue Moira does more damage but her damage output per game averages roughly the same as Lucio’s, it’s not exactly game defining. She needs to do damage just to maintain her healing output. Mercy still has the easier mechanics and more reliable sustain that doesn’t require the management of any type of resource.

I wonder if they took into consideration how much HP Mercy res’ back up. I’m sure that alone even’s it out if not better.

Looks like zen needs a nerf too

I think Mercy’s current winrate is artificially low. People expect her to be a must pick, so they are playing her into comps/situations she is not good with, and losing to teams that run appropriate healers. When her pickrate goes down and she is played in appropriate situations only, her winrate will improve.

I think half the problem is when people see a Mercy they pick Zen as second healer, and this can be easily punished currently. Zen would probably have a higher w/r as he is used with other healers but those Mercy and Zen pairings bring it down. IMO opinion people would have a lot more success with say a Lucio and Mercy comp.

Because shes still a support