These patch notes

Interesting update that looks very promising. Very much like the knockback consistency. As a Lucio main, boop consistency has been a headache for the better part of the year.

Like the Doom and Soldier changes. Should help a lot. Torb got some base armor! Been needing that for a while.

Be prepared for a host of DPS Moira threads when these changes go live. The changes free up Moira to use her damage capabilities more, so even healing focused Moiras will be able to do more damage. Can see the whining already.

1 Like

It’s 20 ticks a second, and yep it’s about 50% better at 0 charge, and about 20% better at max charge.

Which, you know, is bonkers.

!!! Patch notes I actually agree with ?! Did they hire a new balance team :scream:? They actually buffed/nerfed incrementally instead of with a sledgehammer.

Their reasoning behind the changes also made sense. I can’t remember ever seeing a patch this good. :smiley:

4 Likes

I agree lol. It may have taken a while for something to happen, but patch notes with a new here is something to praise.

1 Like

I relly wonder what the 50 armor will do for Torb. Thats a change i always wanted for him. Not having armor in his base healthpool felt wrong.

3 Likes

Imagine if they start doing this more. Imagine Pharah with armor in her health pool.

To the OP:

Dude, I’m so excited about these Patch notes. Some things I’m really looking forward to:

1. All the Solider changes
  2. Hammond can use Shield in Roll mode (Yes!)
  3. Torb getting armor added to regular health bar, but get less from Overload (I’ve wanted this for awhile now)
  4. Orisa movement while firing buff (Yes!)
  5. Armor/beam damage change (sounds good)
  6. Damage Boost change (I’m surprised it didn’t already work like this)
  7. Sonic Arrow range increase (Whoo!)
  8. Lucio Sonic Amplifier change (it should have already been this way, in my opinion)
  9. Moira’s buff (nice. Now if they would shave 1 second off Fade, I would be a happy camper)

Some things I’m “on the fence” about:

1. Ana’s Nano-boost change. I don’t think its a good or bad idea. I’m taking a “wait and see” stance here
  2. Doomfist changes (I’m not sure if it will be enough to not make him feel like trash, sadly)
  3. McCree’s changes (I’m skeptical and a bit uncertain about them)
  4. Pharah’s changes (same feeling as McCree’s)
  5. Widow’s changes. I like the change, but the “cancel on death” bums me out a little. It’s good balance though.
  6. Mei’s damage increase worries me a bit, but the Wall change is awesome.

All in all though, I love these PTR patch notes. These are the kind of things I want to see when I talk about balance. These patch notes actually make me feel like they care about the game and know how to give things a fair shake. Not just buff something for no reason (Repear) or Nerf into the ground (Doomfist, before)

Honestly, this. This is good.

1 Like

I’m a fan besides, for the pharah buff. I could do without the flying girl being buffed thank you very much, blizzard.

I realize the new support has insane accuracy and counters her, but still. I could do without. (opinion)

I agree, I think that Mei’s change is a bit iffy/ unnecessary , but I think I will live with it. Other than that and a few others I think that this is a dream patch note

1 Like

I saw the Orisa and Dva “bug fixes”
this changes a lot lol. They just get tossed around now.

Hammond change, I love it :heart_eyes:. S76 buff is great. Mei change is meh. But sad to see no changes for Junkrat though.

4 Likes

No Lucio nerfs, awesome, GOATS will still reign supreme

Goats didnt get nerfed, but other strats got buffed. Especially Hammond is huge with the changes to knock back and his adaptive shields.
Static Bastion bunker comps also got more viable with immortality field imo and so did double sniper.

1 Like

To be fair this is an indirect sombra buff (i guess) to her emp, since she has another thing to take down, and more people would be able the field.

Kind of but then again, she needs to “waste” her hack cooldown now on it, when she could have used it for something else. I think hacking a tank and shooting the drone might be the better option.

buffed Hanzo…

Blizzard you never fail to impress.

1 Like

Me too. But, it has a lot of promise.

This does bum me out a little. Honestly, I would have rather seen this than the buff he got in the last patch

You actually make a good point. I didn’t think about that. Maybe his buff will be okay now

Ive actually had this thought several times. But, maybe thats just me :man_shrugging:

Yeah, this concerns me. As a Moira player who plays her properly I’m excited for her change. But, I do fear the stupidity of the DPS Moiras and the forum whining that will follow.

But, the change, itself, is good :slight_smile:

Who would have thought? Haha.

Right? :grinning:

I, totally, agree. I’m really excited about that change for him.

Agreed :slight_smile:

Dude, as someone who love Wrecking Ball, you have no idea how excited i am for this. It is huge for us Hammond players. Now, if he could just get a faster re-load speed, or more bullets per “clip”, I think he would be perfect :grinning:

I know a lot of you guys are “poo pooing” the Hanzo change. But I’m super excited for it.

1 Like

Good buffs to certain heroes that needs it, but also changes that doesn’t really do much for the overall meta.

They buffed sonic. As a Sombra player i can tell, thats meant specifically to counter her even more effectively. Especially after Widows Ult got nerfed.

2 Likes

Hanzo already outclasses widow now in most situations after his latest buff to god tier. Why would you nerf widows ultimate while buffing hanzos cooldown wallhacks. Makes no sense atall. Which is why Im not surprised by it.

Blizzard :clap: