These patch notes

and we know less, a majority of the time, the forums is wrong on their guesses of what changes will bring

very excited about the new knockback physics. Hoping it makes things like doom’s slam, orisa’s halt more consistent and predictable.

I actually was really impressed with virtually all the proposed changes, but I think they should have nerfed reaper life steal.

2 Likes

Hanzo’s buff is a bit much tbh. Going from 7 to 9 meters in a sphere is a 2x+ improvement.

Tanks:
Hammond buff to Shields is a minor QOL improvement, it’s not very big.

Orisa knockback nerf is huge, pushing her away from her barrier will just kill her. Fortify doesn’t last forever, and it’s the easiest ability in game to bait out and wait out. The speed changes are meaningless in this context.

D.Va knockback change is another nerf to a just about viable (on ladder) hero.

Zarya buffs to Beam damage are hilariously unnecessary. Should be going totally the other way.

All in all, bad, just reinforces Rein and Zarya as Tanking Overlords.

DPS.
Widowmaker ult change is a nice buff, I can’t use Infrasight if I’m dead anyway, but I can pick off low health players without going for headshots if I’m alive.

Pharah needed the damage aoe revert.

Soldier buffs are good.

Sombra buff is meh.

Support
Ana nerf to Nano was needed.

Moira buff is… meh.

That is all I care for.

3 Likes

TBH with these incoming buffs to pharah, soldier, and bap just coming out, reaper should be manageable.

1 Like

I like seeing tori has 250 hp, but I don’t like overload only gives 100 armor instead of 150…

general survival is better, but overload survival is worse. hmm.

I like almost every change. Consistency for damage boost (more intuitive now) and boops is good. It felt so random that my booped targets would move an inch sometimes.

Hero specific things, all seem good except why on earth buff Spamzo/Skillzo?

Overload suvival would be the exact same, if not better, since 250 of your HP is healable. It’s a flat buff. and he’ll be durable for longer. I play Torb and I’m excited for this.

2 Likes

they buffed the one part that no one used, because it was practically useless

except that most walkways are smaller than 9m and most people use it on those covered walkways

1 Like

Buffs to wallhacks were completely unwarranted. This braindead mechanic should be taken out of the game completely.

1 Like

These patch notes are great for once and I haven’t said that in a long time about patch notes. Good job blizzard.

5 Likes

You are right, I have never thought once while playing hanzo “he needs a buff to sonic arrow, and he needs it now”.

This is such an odd change. Other heroes are in a much worse state.

2 Likes

Sure. I’m just saying that some things that sound like small changes to a linear value give outsized difference when the effect is in 2d or 3d. For instance, one 10" pizza is bigger than 2 7" pizzas. This was the case for zarya’s grav nerf, where a small radius reduction had a big effect on total area covered. In this case, since it’s a sphere, it has an effect scaling to the third power of the linear change.

I love that Moira got a buff too. I saw Torb got 250 health and Symmetra didn’t. lol

I do wish the devs made Moira’s Fade 5 seconds from 6.

3 Likes

Am I doing the math wrong here or is this a 50% buff against armor for Zarya?

Because this can’t be right. I have to be working this out wrong.

EDIT - yes, not correct

1 Like

What are your numbers? Since the tickrate is different for Winston, Zarya, Moira, and Symmetra, their changes should all be different I believe. Any idea how much damage per packet zarya is doing with 0% charge? How many packets per second?

The pod that makes the invulnerability field can be destroyed. And it’s kinda hard to push and get a pick if you can leave the field to do it.

They FINALLY made Deadeye useful against tanks and barriers!!

1 Like

Well, yeah, but if you’re fighting a defensive battle or manage to get on point, that’s a huge boon to have.

Again, haven’t seen any reports on how easy it is to destroy yet, but ideally you won’t even place it until you know you’ll be staying put for a while.

d.va can always cover it with DM too to make it even harder to break