These patch notes

I’m OK with the Mei changes. She gains more damage from her freeze ray, which makes her lethality more reliable against certain heroes who often needed a swift fist to the face to finish them off at the end.

Even though Ice Wall is the core of her entire kit, 400 health per pillar down from 500 isn’t THAT big of a game changer. There’s not too many characters who can do 400 HP fast enough to break down a barrier. Even Bastion still required a couple seconds to focus on each pillar before.

Most of Zarya’s GOATS damage is from her secondary fire, that is unaffected.

McCree ult is a bit complex to explain. Basically, it “charges up damage” on any enemy within sight while Deadeye is active. The skull symbol only indicates when the accumulated damage is enough to kill the target, but it keeps charging up after that. So, if Orisa is protecting 3 people behind her shield, charging the damage a bit longer means she can’t block all three shots because her shield will break from the accumulated damage.

What the buff did was making the charge go exponentially faster after 2.5s, so that there isn’t a time differential as huge from locking into a squishy and a tank. Tank still takes longer, but not 5+ second like currently on live.

2 Likes

Wait, who’s considered the bottom 5 then?

I for one, am sick of being like this:

Brief thoughts:

I think he does way too much, but seems like a fun hero. I don’t have an in-depth critique since there’s too much to analyze.

This is fair, and a very minor nerf to tanks.

Much as I hate Doomfist, I can see why this was done. He is a sitting duck without abilities, and with his escapes nerfed previously, this is likely the best course of action. I’m a fan of minimal changes like this.

With more heroes, old ones seem lacking in utility…so this change seems like a good adjustment to balance things.

I wonder if this will affect MMR/SR. I’m uncertain how stats correlate, but if they matter at all this should alter things.

I’m a huge fan of this, but unfortunately I think it will only be effective in lower ranks where people think that the shield is full-on cover; most people I play against transition from shield to real cover in these situations.

I’m saying all that with the mind that McCree is being protected by his own shield, of course. One exception would be combining high noon with Speed Boost, so I’m interested in seeing that.

As for Fan the Hammer, it’s exactly what I felt should happen. Every bit of damage counts, and being Orisa vs FtH felt really bad.

I’m kinda sad that the wall got nerfed, but am glad it was only by 100. This adds more reliable counter-play to it; my problem is that Mei wasn’t really out of control with it in the first place.

The primary fire change makes me happy for some reason. I’ve always liked playing Mei, but her lack of reliable damage has made her difficult to use. This might actually help, even if only at close range.

Ah, I love this. I’m one of those Moira’s who make full use of the HoT to conserve resources, and this just makes it better.

I’m shocked at how many good notes there are here. Orisa and Moira are my two best heroes, and both changes are super nice.

50% was always too much imo, so I’m glad it’s being changed.

I think this is fair. The previous changes made missing direct shots feel really bad, and while this change is small, every but counts.

Giving S76 his 1 damage back is the bare minimum of what he needed, so well done.

The sprint change will take some getting used to, but is nice.

Tac visor new targeting seems more like an investment in future heroes and tech, and is a great addition. Makes me wonder…can Deadeye target the Immortality field? Haven’t seen.

100% fair. Previously it just kept Sombra out of the fight too long, and that’s a complaint I see the most about her.

While I’ll miss being able to dive with Torb as effectively, the change is overall small and also fair. Gaining 150 armour was definitely too much, but outside of Overload he was way too squishy.

Would be nice to see that 50 extra health on him be armour, maybe… (EDIT: It is armour and I can’t read. lol.)

Your developer comments echo’d my thoughts as I read it. I do fear it will only make Widow v Widow the only meta-game, though…because it’s pretty bad now, and could be made a lot worse.

Don’t get me wrong, the losing Widow’s team should have it harder, but it might be too much.

Good change on paper, but potentially a really bad double sniper meta…which I never liked personally. : \

Oh gosh…
Oh no…

I already hated good Hammonds, so my initial reaction to this was dread.

One bit of silver lining, is that good Hammonds never really had issue with using adaptive shields…but the fact that this furthers the stall-game is a huge yikes to me.

Hate to say it, but this is probably by far the worst part of the notes to me.

Disclaimer: I don’t play anymore; I’m only commenting since it’s a huge patch and I’m keeping track of the game in-case I want to return one day.

2 Likes

Welcome to Over reaction Watch forums.
How may we outrage you today?

No, for real. The changes are quite good and the beams are adjusted for consistency. Wait to see what the reduction is before raging …

Sym got a rework, and they feel justified in leaving her more less be currently I think. My guess is they are going to see what impact the Torb changes have and maybe, maybe buff Sym later. What’s different is she has a regenerative shield that so many people discount… Blizz does not.

Think about it, it was nerfed to adjust Mei being able to ice wall the invul field from getting destroyed everytime.

Good point, didn’t think of that one… have to try this now in PTR…

Clears it up completely. Thanks

Good changes with exception of the Hanzo buff. If anything he needs a nerf like reverse damage fall off or something.

1 Like

Overall these seem like pretty good changes.

However kinda curious on the other characters that didn’t get changes like Junkrat or a soft nerf like Symmetra might be left in the dust.

The Wrecking Ball and Orisa buff is welcomed. The Ana nano boost should be 200, but 250 is fine for now.

They made deadeye useful instead of a fth reload. The infrasight change is good as it punishes bad Widows and rewards good ones the knowledge of who is a bigger threat and the easier target.

The Doomfist cooldowns seem good however he is still plagued with bugs (lots of them tied to slam) and Meteor Strike is still the worse ultimate.

The Overload compensation seems like a fair trade in survivability.

I have no words, literally. Like is it hard to understand that Symmetra needs buffs? Not nerfs? I am so GOD DAMN disappointed. LIke ur so stupid its insane… Can someone just buy Overwatch please? and make it better.

Uhh, doesn’t symmetras beam tick 20 times per second?

If thats true, then the numbers should look as follows:

//Live

Level 1, 65 dps before armor

65/20x0.5x20 = 32.5 dps after armor

Level 2, 130 dps before armor

130/20(-3)x20 = 70 dps after armor

Level 3, 190 dps before armor

190/20(-3)x20 = 130 dps after armor

//PTR

Level 1, 65 dps before armor

65/20x0.8x20 = 52 dps after armor

Level 2, 130 dps before armor

130/20x0.8x20 = 104 dps after armor

Level 3, 190 dps before armor

190/20x0.8x20 = 152 dps after armor

So in short… that should mean beam now does significantly more damage in all areas. That is given my information on the tickrate is correct.

Great now every healer has self-heal again but Ana never will have any way of escape other than wasting her abilities on a flanker and not having anything up and ready for a clutch play…

1 Like

Bro, Sym got a huge buff. Her beam can actually melt tanks now. It’s just not a direct change to her.

Hippity hoppity,
Blizz, get off Sym’s property!

At this point you guys have lost the authority to properly get her house in order!

1 Like

It does 4 ticks per second.

the window is rather small so u can just get out of LoS or range XD yes tracer’s bomb can do 600 if u throw through it. but your not going to pull that off with out a graviton to hold stuff together anyways. so that’s 3 ults right there. That’s a TON of resources.