There are only 6 hitscan DPS

Ashe, Bastion, Cassidy, Sojourn, Soldier, and Widowmaker are the only true hitscan DPS heroes.

To put that perspective, 1/3 of the DPS cast play like a real hitscan.

Reaper, Sombra, and Tracer though their weapons respond like hitscan, these heroes play more like flex DPS. Not like your hard hitscan like the one’s stated above.

4 Likes

I hate that projectile dps heroes are called “flex” dps, because that implies they’re flexible which they’re clearly not.

6 Likes

… ok? Whats the point?

13 Likes

Sojourn is projectile though… she’s only half hitscan with her ult and secondary fire.

6 Likes

They are trying to tell us to stop picking Reaper, Tracer, and Sombra into double flier compositions.

1 Like

“Hitscan” is just describing a weapon’s properties. Mainly that as soon as they fire, their bullet (or pellet or whatever else) instantly hits the target point while a projectile will take a certain amount of time to arrive. If you want a snappier term for Ashe, Soldier etc. than something like “ranged hitscan” that’s fine, go ahead and come up with one, but Tracer’s and Sombra’s weapons are hitscan.

5 Likes

They are hitscan. You’re trying to disagree with a literal definition because YOU want hitscan to mean something else. World doesn’t work that way buddy.

7 Likes

He is explaining to us that there are 6 hitscan dps atm in case we don’t know. He did all the calculation. We should praise him.

5 Likes

The problem with Pharah being strong put into perspective. That’s how few dps heroes can meaningfully interact with her.

4 Likes

I think they’re called flex because of their unique playstyles where as hitscans are more or less the same.

I just wanted to make a clear distinction.

Her power is in her railgun hence why she currently feels awful after the devs nerfed her.

Yeah I know. I probably should have referred to them as “precision” hitscan instead.

Their weapons are hitscan, their playstyle is flex DPS.

:pleading_face:

2 Likes

Lol, the irony. Nothing against you, but I think the world does work that way unfortunately.

Think as you want. You can’t change the definition of the word because of how you feel. Now sure if a large enough group did to a point it invalidates the old definition sure you could but in this context a Dev making a fps won’t be saying “Oh shotguns aren’t hitscan because someone said it on a OW forum.”

This is more of the case that you could call a playstyle hitscan and some hitscan heroes don’t fit into that playstyle but that doesn’t mean they aren’t hitscan. It would be akin to saying a Panzer tank isn’t a tank because it’s not a hero in OW. This is how language works.

Now definitions of word do and can change but this isn’t how that happens lol.

1 Like

Great. Now we just need a meta without these heroes.

4 Likes

Sure. Luckily Mau/Bap/Granny will be around to keep the meta as hitscan no matter what the dps are! Hooray! :rofl: /s

2 Likes

:clown_face: :clown_face: “Just play Kiriko against them” :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

But they are damage heroes and their bullets are hitscan. They are hitscan DPS regardless of how you think they play.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks the Devs think along the exact same lines?

“This game is totally balanced and fair. Just play Kiri.”

:rofl:

Which is funny because Tracer is actually a very soft counter to Pharah rn

1 Like

Also shows how had balance actually is as past Plat, if you don’t count one/two tricks, 5 of these heros are basically the only DPS you’ll ever see.

Unless the enemy runs dive, which is when you might see Tracer.

4 Likes

You are very observant, OP.

1 Like