The worst matchmaking system In any game. Period

Can I get a matchmaker that will give me wins while I stand stil?

Is it possible to get that?

6 Likes
  1. I have reported people and received the “Thank you, we have taken actions” message.
  2. No, I don’t throw games so I haven’t been punished
  3. Great, file a suggestion that you need a larger avoid list. The fact that there’s even an avoid list available is more than most match makers offer

How are you defining “throwing” and do you have proof that throwers are not punished?

4 Likes

Throwers are rerely punished. You can derank thousands of SR and get 1 day ban for it.

It depends for what are you being reported. Reporting for afk does seem to provide longer bans than for game sabotage

3 Likes

it would be less worse
if a phone number or mac address was linked to an active ranked account with a hard limit of 2 or 3 at any one time
as it is
if you have the money you have potentially a limitless number of accounts. every time they have a 75% off sale
i see a nauseating number of games with lvl 30’s
And at silver/low gold
carry or lose.

1 Like

unfortunately in gold, its worse since all the new smurfs and “unranked to gm” smurfs start there so you will constantly get unranked games full of smurfs. Lets not forget all the smurfs pulling up the avg stats to crazy high levels so pbsr is almost always a detriment.

3 Likes

Gold and low plat was always the worst. Problem is that they have to start accounts somewhere.

Only solution is placement system rework and using quickplay as base for your comp MMR.

2 Likes

Before it was much better, that you could outpeformed your team with many characters to climb up.

Now after many patches, everyhting got more equal flat power and more team-dependant, that’s hard to climb to cover one performance of a very terrible team player.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’ve never played a game with such poor matchmaking. Not even close. When I play other games it becomes blatantly obvious how awful this one is.

2 Likes

Which games? Many other developers are less secretive about the conceptual framework of the their matchmakers. That would allow us to compare the mechanics and get away from anecdotal testimony.

2 Likes

it’s more the reporting system and companies penalties. they let too many throwing-toxic players get off easy. i keep seeing same handful of toxic-throwers almost every match for too long nothing has happened to them.

3 Likes

I have yet to see anyone mention a main stream competitive game that uses doesn’t use a similar system.

Overwatch
CS:GO
Valorant
League of Legends

All use an SR and MMR based system.
When will I get an example of a main stream competitive game that doesn’t use SR and MMR?

4 Likes

Lol, I just played against you and you are so bad hahaha, “carrying” lol, next time stop insulting people in chat and play, that way you will be able to do something for your team.

2 Likes

i normally give blizz a little crap but they are trying to fix what they created slowly
 mind you
 but yeah
 hopefully they do some stuff in the back end to kind of fix how stupid match maker can be
 go on a 7 win streak and then watch the insanity that you get paired with to make sure you have the “hardest” time to win. i’m not saying you can’t win because you can pop the heck off but it pairs you in such a bad way to almost guarantee you lose.

I really pray they reset MMR and then seperate group and solo que because everyone knows how many people are not supposed to be in their ranks and have friends carrying them which skews the MM even worse.

It is mainly bad beacuse they removed personal raiting, so If before you perform great but some monkey suicides, when u lose - u lose little and that monkey lose a lot, now u both lose equal amount of raiting, so basically this ranked system made it a bucket with crabs

6 Likes

Being in a low rank is not an issue, not having fun matches is (or matches too easy or too hard). Means mmaking is not good.

2 Likes

Its because it was designed by someone with no matchmaking experience, who learned as they went, while only having worked on level design previously. That’s like having your roof guy, handle the plumbing without any experience while building a house.

4 Likes

And yet no major changes since season 2.

But the problem underlying the OP’s argument is that while the system cant predict how a player will behave
 it tries to do EXACTLY that. And because of these player behavior deviations from its predictions, lopsided matches happen.

If instead younger SR PURELY based purely on your performance
 then it wouldn’t matter if the Monkey suicides 50 times

2 Likes

lopsided matches are boring asf no matter whether you win or lose. There are some people out there that enjoy them because they are poor sportsmans and want the easiest way to the top but i feel like most people want a actual hard fought match where it was pretty close
 but then again if you’re under a certain SR and they have a hacker GL ever getting them to draw a match or report them fully even. lol.

1 Like

Ah yes because the company who had to remove open queue from competitive because they couldn’t balance it.

The company that can’t balance 2-2-2 so are going to 1-2-2 in their sequel.

The company that currently has TWO of their maps completely blocked out of competitive in their game because they can’t balance them.
The company that can’t balance an entire mode of the game so they removed it from their sequel.

The company who had to nerf a hero even after “several weeks of playtesting” because they didn’t realize she was unbalanced in a beta until the players told them.

Don’t worry guys. Their matchmaker is 100% totally balanced, zero flaws, and any bad experiences you may have during ranked play is definitely your fault.

8 Likes