The worst matchmaking system In any game. Period

Just lost a game due to our monkey suiciding over and over. The competitive matchmaking in this game is the worst. This happens over and over and over. Win rate is completely broken if one player is weak out of six you will lose everytime. It’s basically how the game is designed you can’t carry the team individually and trying to solo play ranked is impossible right now. I wanna play but it’s just so bad lol. Maybe five players will make it better but who knows. I really think they have no idea on how to fix it.

19 Likes

Blaming system for player who is throwing lmao :roll_eyes:

Blame the damn player dude, not the competitive system.

8 Likes

Hardstuck is as hardstuck does. :yawning_face:

6 Likes

I mean the devs that brought you 2cp and koth and you expect them to be able to design a decent MMR system? lul

5 Likes

“MurkWahlberg”, well, that is a funny nickname, dude. :joy: :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

The system put them together…its the system’s fault for not immediately detecting the 50 deaths on the monkey and immediately banning them.

5 Likes

System put them together based on OPs MMR. MMR is based on skill. So its basicly player’s fault if you think about it.

Well kind of just kidding but in reality you cant blame system for player doing something like that. System is not Oracle to see future.

4 Likes

You don’t think an automated system that bans players mid match based on amount of deaths/performance can’t be manipulated or at the very least a bad idea?

3 Likes

Lmao fair enough, however again, depending on the rank you absolutely can blame the system. If I’m in plat, why does my MOnkey have 30 deaths in a 5 minute game? Clearly a feeder or doesn’t belong in the rank.

Hmmm, care to explain how this can be manipulated in FAVOR of the feeder? And no not mid match, but players like this have a history. Like after the OPs match that Winston player will not suffer any repercussions for suiciding over and over. Hell OP never stated but what if it was just the winston jumping off the cliff over and over? Could the system not tell it was a self inflicted death?

1 Like

I mean it can be manipulated against someone who isn’t feeding. Maybe support stops healing main tank, so either he has to stay in spawn/passive so nothing gets done or he goes in and dies immediately because he doesn’t get healing.

Very simple fix for this. After the match, click social, at the top click recent players, click said thrower, click report, then choose gameplay sabotage. After that, press submit and then you can also choose to avoid him. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

So then the support has low numbers, then they get banned. Seems reasonable. If support has low healing numbers and their team is losing (no point captured, payload never moved) then the support gets banned instead. Seems simple enough.

As well all know, that system doesn’t work. And with only 3 avoid slots it gets hard to avoid garbage where you have to actively decide “Would I rather have the Winston dying over and over or the failing Widow main who can’t get a kill.”

1 Like

It’s so situational. You gotta be trolling lmao

2 Likes

I mean you were kinda trolling too so its a troll of a troll. Healer not healing a tank to exploit a system that bans bad behavior? Come onnnnnn

What does a throwing teammate have to do with the match making system? Report and avoid.

7 Likes

I agree with this but the OP is correct in the match making is complete garbage. If you think it is fine then that is awesome for your team RNG or your group of people you play with. Not all of us have that luxury.

2 Likes

People say this but how is it garbage? Matchmaker only works with what he has in player pool. Its kind of hard to make balanced matches when many players is on alts, or do not care about winning. Thats not problem of matchmaker, thats problem of how blizzard is managing the game.

4 Likes

Can you name a team game with “good match making?”

3 Likes

Well if the system was better then throwers would be punished HARDER, NOT the whole team.

1 Like

Throwers are punished and the match maker incorporates an avoid list. It is a team game and if someone isn’t pulling their weight, the team might lose. That’s how team games work.

2 Likes

Can you prove throwers are punished? Have you been punished for throwing? Also a 3 player avoid list is about as useful as an empty water bottle in the middle of a desert.

1 Like