THE WORST MATCHMAKING EVER! i'm out

I feel like a lot of players expect to level up the ladder like its CoD or something. It doesn’t work that way here. If you are stuck in a rank, there is a reason. There is no progress without real growth in this game. Ask yourself if its worth the sacrifice. Most players dont think so, I assume. The matchmaker feels like its out to get you because, in essence, it is. Rage against the machine.

What is this growth and reason you’re talking about? Why do people keep blaming the players who are actually doing their most yet still lose?

The growth is getting better and the reason is they aren’t better than the people at their current rank. People keep “blaming” the players because the reason anyone doesn’t rank up is because of themselves, you may lose games due to teammates but if you’re better than the average player at your rank you climb, it doesn’t really mater if you’re doing your best or not, that doesn’t change how good you are

1 Like

Good this game is pretty bad. This game has 20min que time even have a few friends who had 60+min que time its just awful.

1 Like

It amazes me what people think the match making system in this game is capable of.

It is not predicting DC’s or losses. It is not deciding whether you win or lose. It is just putting you in games with players of similar SR–as close as it can get with the players currently online.

Also, after 5 wins, you’re 100sr higher than you started. Maybe that’s just too high for your skill level?

3 Likes

Except the problem is that someone else’s normal ####sr game is not the same as your ####sr game. Big thumbs down to the artificial rigging called matchmaking for ow.

I really hate those kind of people , what do you lose if you just keep your mouth shut ?

2 Likes

haha i thought i posted this at first but just didn’t remember doing so, then i noticed the names were actually different. this is very correct.

2 Likes

That’s not true. It tries to accurately judge skill by stats which is impossible because there are too many things they can’t measure.

It just tries to artificially force a 50 50 something the game fails at doing causing lopsided matches.

2 Likes

ok

Source?
/20chars req

Search it. Blizzard has said exactly that more than once where they try to create a 50 50.

1 Like

That feeling when you realize you dont level up your rank without sacrifice.

the irony of this statement is that we can no longer act dynamically as a team because of 2-2-2

2 Likes

Not entirely true. You end up losing to worse and worse teammates if you go on a win streak. Its how the matchmaker is designed for some reason.

4 Likes

Then why does it give me new players that recently purchased the game to play on my team against 5 stack teams that probably all in voice chat while all my Dps are new players that where placed higher than their actual rank thanks to the placement system that will also give you new players that are on their way to bronze because they were carried by their friend and now they play solo & i happen to be in their path to bronze to drag me down their ranks ?

1 Like

Oh, my bad. I didn’t realize you were getting new players that recently purchased the game to play on your team against 5 stack teams that probably all in voice chat while your Dps are new players that where placed higher than their actual rank.

Based on this new evidence, I think we can definitely now agree that the matchmaking system uses some kind next gen AI to single out certain players and provide them with other players that it has identified as “bad”, while grouping all of the good players together against that those certain players, making it impossible for them to win. For… reasons?

2 Likes

I dont care about bad or toxic players on my team , i dont like New players who dont even know the map or what feeding is .

My theory is that the matchmaker finds a potential match by picking players around the same SR, then divides them across teams to make it as even as possible based on projected performance from individual players(MMR). This means that even if the match is made of 12 people at your SR, if you’re performing better than the average of the lobby, your remaining team members will total out to below the average of the lobby to even it out. If it were linear, this wouldn’t be a big problem.

But, given how much impact a single thrower or smurf can have, performing a bit above average can result in you being paired with more throwers, new players, and against more smurfs. This has a drastic impact to the actual result of the game, even if blizzard’s internal numbers don’t realize the impact of those players.

I go into more detail on this idea here, using objective points rather than speculation or anecdote:

Please note that this is just a theory, and while I feel I’ve done a decent job substantiating it, there is no more proof that it is true than there is that the inverse is true. Without Blizzard being open about it, we really can’t know for sure.

4 Likes

, while grouping all of the good players together against that those certain players, making it impossible for them to win. For… reasons?

For the simple reason that players within a team are not going to be perfectly balanced. So who should be the top and bottom outlier on the team? I would chose the player thats on a win streak as the top outlier with increasing weight - it makes statistical sense.

Unfortunately that means the win-streaker will get balanced out with increasingly worse players relative to himself.

If you have never experienced how your teammates get increasingly worse the longer your winstreak lasts - then you just haven’t pushed hard enough or carried any game.

2 Likes