The Train theory

do you remember the first comic do OW, that of McCree leaving Talon a mysterious object? it is not yet known whether it was a weapon or an energy source. here are some personal theories:

1. something needed to free Doomfist, the leader of Talon. maybe a device to blow up the jail.
  2. something important to take Sigma. it seems very strange to me that mcCree did not understand what it was that he was throwing from the train after the many technologies seen in OW. and so I think it could be a key or a device that Talon needed in order to retrieve Sigma.
  3. the latter theory is the most pessimistic one: it is a lore that the developers have changed over time, as happened for First Strike. It is no mystery that the lore conceived in 2014 is completely different from what was understood in 2016-2017, or that Echo has completely changed direction after noticing its advantages as a mime as a Dps rather than a support.
1 Like

The only thing I have to add is that it’s a purple cube/prism. We also see a purple cube/prism in the Infiltration short where Sombra, while hacking Volskaya’s system, pulls out some data and it’s in the form of a purple prism, albeit a much smaller one. That purple prism held a few photos. If it’s data, the one from McCree’s comic is much larger so either it holds more data than the few photos from Infiltration OR it’s much older (following that technology tends to get smaller as it advances). My theory is that the object’s a data storage device of some sort.

2 Likes

yes, I think a data archive is more plausible, but the amazement of McCree and the train controller does not convince me much. this makes me think of a little known technology (hence the powers of sigma or an access key to allow Talon to recover him from internment).

i think the thing that mcree drop is kind of core of some enregy or something that acstive something else.
Jeff said in ow2 mission we could have some mission that ur team have to steal the core the the enemy (agisnt null sector). just a guess…

1 Like

I have a theory about this cube.
Talon retrieved it, right? If you look at cargo on Rialto’s payload, it has the same shape as cube from the comic. And the payload’s destination is Talon’s HQ.
I know that in map’s background it is stated that wine bottles are stored in cargo. But it’s probably what people in this world think.

3 Likes