The top 500 list

Is getting really close to dropping sub-4k (non-combined listing) on PC. I remember when the lowest was like 4.3k

4 Likes

the game is dead because we have no skill characters like genji and winston

3 Likes

The game could use more Tank players in general, and specifically more D.va and Winston.

That said, I wonder if they are making it more difficult to get high tier, as a method of fixing queue times. (Without people getting butthurt about having teammates with too far of an SR difference).

1 Like

thats on who :flushed: thats on period :nail_care::nail_care:

Add tracer onto that list as well.

no because no brain no aim winston main

1 Like

That always happens when double shield is meta. A lot of the tank players quit so T500 starts at 4K. When dive was meta a few months back the lowest was 4.3K IIRC

7 Likes

Yeah the game in itā€™s current state is a rather joke. There are much less high tier players right now because most of them are busy playing on their alt accounts. They donā€™t want to play on their mains because itā€™s much more smarter to simply park them in high tier and then just occasionally play a game with them than to roll the dice for matchmaking. Matchmaking being so low quality has been executing the game for nearly a year now

1 Like

I remember when it was like 4.4. Tho ever since role queue it has been much much lower. Also without decay, people dont need to play once they have a spot. Also its still pretty early in the season. Even when cutoff was like close to 4.4, top500 came out at high 4100s low 4200s. Back when only 500 spots vs the 1500 we have from all 3 roles alone, not counting combined or open queue.

1 Like

if you check the amount of pages the previous seasons had itā€™s usually 48-46-45 now itā€™s 50? how does that indicate the game is dying?

the intial cap, after placement, honestly i think its really stupid

Its because every season everyone above 3900 is reset to 3900 :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Not really, you need to have 50 matches to be in T500 anyway, that doesnt stop anyone.
The issue is players leaving, getting multiple accounts on T500 is annoying and barely anyone wants to do it now. Also if you want a laugh, look at the Flex T500.

1 Like

Not saying the game is dying, but pretty sure many seasons are not 50 Pages because people got banned or something along those lines. Every season can easily hit 50 pages of people who played their 25 games and are diamond or higher. As far as I know the cutoff has always been gm+ at end of season.

Assuming by flex you mean open queue, and thatā€™s always lower as itā€™s pretty much an arcade comp mode. Where many donā€™t care to play it or take it seriously. If you meant combined, then yea, tons of ppl donā€™t bother to do 25 games in roles they donā€™t like that much, even if they would be much higher rated than those who get t500 in combined.

T500 is actually like 250 players with multiple accounts/alts. Several of them have confirmed bronze alts. There is a discord/channel that links known T500/GM players with bronze burners. Iā€™d post the confirmed criminals, but it would be naming and shaming. Needless to say the list is huge, and solo queue hardstucks like me have to vs. their friendstacks every night. These ā€œtop%ā€ gimmicks go 50/50 for 5 matches on their mains to stop decay, then derp/practice everywhere else on the ladder at our expense. SR, ranks, ladder, competition - meaningless at that point.

And the rest of the ladder is so dead, you canā€™t label anything correctly anymore. SR is a number not a ā€œ% rank by populationā€ when you have less people online actively queueing most nights than all of masters. Itā€™s time to reset and/or give out +250 sr per win/loss.

5 Likes

I meant combined yes, that behaviour tells you how downhill the game is going. The playerā€™s investment/interest is dropping hella fast. The only thing keeping this game alive is their initial brutal number of accounts sold.

Keep in mind that it starts to balance out by the end of the season.
For example season 24 finished at 4.2k minimum for t500. This happened even at the height of double shield

Lots of things cause this

People start at 3900 now
People leave during boring metas
The playerbase in general has decreased
Because of role queue, every region now has 1500 top 500s instead of 500, which lowers the bar

2 Likes

Because smurfs also got top 500

Like ml7 had like 3 or more accounts in top 500 which made top 500 actually like top 100 players with alt accounts, its not even accurate now imo because many have bought sim cards

1 Like