The Sym Buff (...)

While I do think this is nice, I don’t think it really helps her major issue. She has a survivability problem and the lack of mobility problem.

I mean, I suppose doing more damage from range does help where you won’t be “in the thick of it”, So in that sense, you might not need the survivability or mobility.

But, I don’t know if just straight buffing her damage is the way to go. That being said, I’m glad that they’re finally buffing this hero, instead of nerfing her into the ground, due to a meta that wasn’t her fault.

So, at this point, I’ll just take the win. It’s better than nothing or nerfing her further

12 Likes

Same here.

On paper 10 points to both Orb impact and Splash doesn’t sound like alot. Maybe this will make it so Orb won’t need to be charged as long to hit decent numbers. At least, I’m hoping.

But really would have preferred Velocity increase.

4 Likes

Yeah, I will say that her secondary fire is slower than molasses. honestly, the only time I ever get hit by the damn thing, is when I’m not paying attention, or the sym player is really crafty about it

5 Likes

Maybe people start using the orbs in close range again.
140 burst DPS compared to a 60 DoT DPS beam that needs harder aim sounds stronger to me.

So does McCree.

Heroes have to have weaknesses

That happened to me for the first time where I got hit by ten sym orb cause I wasn’t paying attention and I was so confused when I was hit cause I was never hit by it before, it was almost refreshing to get damaged by something that wasn’t a deathly freeze gun or a giant fist

McCree has flash-fan, an instant reload, and much more reliable dps output than sym.

5 Likes

Symmetra has turrets, a buffed secondary fire, a teleporter that can completely bypass choke points, and an ultimate that places a huge shield with massive HP anywhere she wants.

Characters are different, who knew? But they all have weaknesses

Sym’s secondary is absolute trash, her teleporter is only used to get out of spawn faster and her ult is practically useless cause all you have to do is gasp walk through the barrier. I love Mccree and sym but sym is objectively weaker

1 Like

This thread is about sym not mccree the 7th most picked character overall in the game and 3rd most picked dps in gm.

Which are extremely weak in HP, only do 40 DPS now, and their slow doesn’t stack, anymore

On PTR, yes. But, it’s not on Live, yet. And it is possible that it might not, or could be reduced before doing so.

That is also on a major CD, regardless if she or an enemy destroys it. And, due to the current way to works, it’s almost better as a “get back quickly from spawn” ability, than anything else. It makes her a glorified taxi. Especially, in her current state

Yeah, but it also got a 1,000 HP reduction, and takes longer to get up, due to Ult Charge nerfs. It also can be easily ignored, by just walking through it. It’s probably the easiest Ult to counter, in the DPS roster.

Also, let’s not forget that her DPS was reduced on all 3 Charge levels for her primary fire as well, when Double Barrier became a thing.

She is/was a niche hero, that even got nerfed during a meta she didn’t cause, just because she so happened to be good in it/it was within her niche.

So, let’s be real here, she needs the buffs. About the only other DPS hero that probably needs them more is Sombra.

1 Like

I’m not saying one is weaker than the other. I’m only stating that heroes have weaknesses while using McCree as an example

Do you think I don’t know that? I was using him as an example of a hero who has similar weaknesses to Symmetra to show that even good heroes, like you show, have weaknesses.

The turrets have extremely low health and only really kill people that aren’t paying attention. Greatly drops off in effectiveness in higher tiers.

The tele is more of a gimmick since it can be quickly focused down and wastes a ton of time setting up if the other team is ready for it.

Her ult is sort of good, but brawl just walks straight through it and characters like orisa and sig have already been gutted into disuse.

I can see she needs some help and I don’t even play dps.

1 Like

Man everyone is getting into a comparison war. Symmetra sympathizers are so defensive.

The example was just to illustrate that all heroes need weaknesses.

You guys are literally completely missing the point

The point is that she doesn’t have many strengths to balance her weaknesses.

2 Likes

To you.

I think she does and have seen Symmetra do well. Does she need buffs or attention? Sure, probably, but you can’t focus on eliminating her weaknesses necessarily. All heroes need them.

That’s the point.

Everything in symmetras kit takes time to set up or ramp up she has enough weaknesses to ask for some survivability. Slow moving orbs you have to charge, turrets you have to throw and need to be set up, tp that has a deploy time, beam that has to charge up.

1 Like

She does have survivability, just not as much as you want.

Having shields as health is automatically better survivability than McCree for instance.

Heroes are also supposed to have strengths too. And, as I said she is/was a niche hero. And, even got nerfed, when she was good within that niche, due to the shift in meta

So are you.

Bingo!

Exactly.

Lord you talk about not comparing characters and you do the exact same thing