The stats prove Mercy and Ana are balanced. Why do Mercy mains keep complaining?

We told you already there were numerous posts, videos, ideas even now about ways to achieve that, some better others not so much, others good others bad.

There were so many threads about this topic people got tired of posting, of trying, of posting ideas and some even keep trying even if they are ignored. The fact that you were not here or read the forums after the rework or didnt read the huge amount of posts with constructive ideas and changes in this year is not mercy mains fault. Cause they are there.

6 Likes

You just repeated that same sentence twice, I guess you must believe it does.

If you bothered to look around, you might already find this to be the case.

11 Likes

And they pretty much all funnel down to variations on 2-3 core ideas.

There are a few unique ideas here and there. No doubt.

But just because roughly 1% of Mercy posts are different unique ideas, doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s typical.

becuz she is a mor boring, simplistics and easier version of wat she used to be :smiley:

5 Likes

I havenā€™t seen a single Mercy Revert/Buff thread in almost a week.

I mean, they exist, but weā€™re talking needles in haystacks.

Poorly published ideas might as well not exist.

Why Mercy mains are complaining:

1. Valkyrie was a scrapped ult from the games early development and got removed from Mercys kit for a reason which ā‰  a succesful rework.
  2. When people tested her on the PTR most Mercy mains already dƤrmed about her being OP and suspected that sheā€™d prob get nerfed and asked for another rework but the devs didnā€™t listen.
  3. Everything that was fun about valk has either been nerfed or removed because Mercy 2.0 was and still kind off is broken.
  4. People have complained avout her for such a long time now. Just that should be able to say something.
  5. The rework was unnecessary. Mercys ult couldā€™ve been tweaked but instead they listened to some streamy-bois instead of Boeing considerate to both those who play mercy, and those who donā€™t. I honestly hate OWL impact on balancingā€¦I get that people think they got there because of their understanding of the game and its health but like, are we really supposted to let the guy who asked for SOMBRA NERF dictate the valancing of the gameā€¦wow
    now we also have more herpes added to the game that could easily counter rex IF they hade just removed invul (Hammond for example). oh, also, why tf did people care so much about Mercys Hiding (even though most mercys just did it for cover) when you see herpes like Junk, Reaper, mccree dƶ it aswell?
  6. Rex used to be earned. I made a thread about old mercy mindset vs new and I mentioned how mercys had som kind off pressure to charge up their ultimate fast while having to be sneaky and stealthy to avoid getting noticed. Now it is just an ability that grants you the great opportunity to standard like a statue for almost two seconds.
  7. Valk is basically just an ultimate that lets you spectate mid-air while it does the job for you.
13 Likes

There really is no point in arguing with GreyFalcon about these things. GreyFalcon likes to tell everyone that Mercy players do nothing but suggest revert or remove rez suggestions, things that Blizzard has already mention they are not going to do. Iā€™ve tried pointing out that there have been other suggestions before, but it seems such information is not useful to his crusade against Mercy players.

Edit: yes GreyFalcon, it really does feel like you are on a crusade against Mercy players. Youā€™re acting like youā€™re on the side of wanting to address the problems many perceive with Mercy, yet you keep grinding down the people who would perhaps have wanted to work towards a similar goal. Iā€™m no saint, but neither are you.

3 Likes

Thats cause as any debate, people tend to use the forums just to post their beliefs that wont move an inch from their original point of view. No matter the data, and if is about subjective experience is your fault for not knowing how to play it better or for not having fun.

You are right, I yield, as in many postsā€¦first was the mass rezz is unfun, then people mocking mercy players for the reworkā€¦then the same people asking for nerfs (needed) when they saw the first rework release was op. Now after 14 nerfs and mercy in worse state than pre reworkā€¦ they do not even let people say they are not having fun with it.

We should feel bad and sorry and guilty for playing mercy.

Do you really think telling people to focus on a wide variety of ideas, instead of a narrow variety of ideas amounts to a crusade?

The way you do it, yes definitelyā€¦

1 Like

Mercy could be the most overpowered hero in gaming history, her kit still flawed and lacks room for player expression, therefore it feels unengaging and unimpactful. The fact that this specific complain has been the same for various Mercyā€™s balance states should have gotten that across, but apparently one can never be too clear for the internet.

1 Like

ā€œItā€™s not about the hero being balanced. Sheā€™s boring and un-engaging to play. She was a lot more fun before her rework, and the simple addition of an ā€œEā€ ability was all we asked for to make her more than just a healing bot. This rework has made playing her into a lazy chore, and thatā€™s the problem.ā€ - Mercy mains

ā€œlul stat say she am balans, y so many cumplayne?ā€ - People who make these threads

14 Likes

Incidentally, these are the types of design posts I like to see.

1 Like

Ana also has a way higher pickrate than Mercy in GM, so looking at her winrate is meaningless when that high. Too many mirror matches dragging it down.

2 Likes

You are wrong.

I think that if you asked most people who are complaining about Mercyā€™s state, you would find that Mercy being fun to play is infinitely more important than the build that is used to make Mercy fun to play. Some of us have advocated for the the removal of Resurrect, and while I donā€™t personally see that as the best option, I would welcome any change that makes Mercy fun to play, even if it removes Resurrect.

6 Likes

And there have been plenty of threads attempting to identify why Mercyā€™s current kit is perceived as being unfun. Plenty of suggestions have been made as a result. You call them needles in a haystack and perhaps that is true, but instead of highlighting those needles you keep being ignorant.

1 Like

If Iā€™m wrong, and this should be obvious, then maybe Mercy posters should make a community effort to collect a wide variety of ideas, then group them by idea type.

So that itā€™s more obvious.

You mean the Mercy Megathread?