The state of custom game presets

As of the Hammond patch, 25% of my custom game presets are still greyed out and unusable, as they have been ever since the Symmetra rework. Even though this has happened before in March, when Brigitte was released, where it was fixed within 2 days, nothing has happened so far to restore these custom game modes in this most recent occurrence.

I understand that programming is hard work, and that reverting changes and trying to fix such issues can lead to new problems. However, as someone who almost exclusively creates and plays custom game modes, this has severely hampered the fun of playing Overwatch for me, a game that I otherwise love. Everytime I come up with something new, I have to fear that the countless hours of adjusting and balancing could get lost the next patch, and from what I read, many other creators of custom game modes suffer that way as well.

Should it not be possible to restore the presets, please give us other means to easily back up our game modes. A simple text file, automatically created for each preset, that contains the settings would be enough, just so we don’t have to screenshot every game mode or write it down by hand. I hope for the continued support of the custom game community. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for putting this post together.
I have this same issue with my gamemode which I have spent over a year tweaking/balancing.
In my presets, it is also grayed out/translucent and I cannot select it. It has been like this for probably two months.
Much like Mantequilla, I also exclusively play this gamemode, and I would like some developer confirmation that this is a known problem.

Thank you for reading.

This!
I’m suprised it didn’t get fixed with this patch. The game mode I put the most work in is disabled. I Hope the devs know about this issue.

1 Like

This is needed for Custom games hosts who spend months balancing their game modes.

It sucks to have the game modes disappear on you.

A txt file would be awesome!

A way to rebuild the game mode would be awesome.

1 Like