The Soldier change is just business guys, don't take it personal

Yes, and many people that like the change also agree and think this is the real reason behind the changes.

Soldier wasn’t bad before the changes, but he needed something.

Soldier is THE fps character. So it makes sense to give soldier the recoil.

He is the first character most people will play. New fps players will play soldier and feel home with the recoil, believing the lie that Overwatch is like other fps games.

This was their intention and it makes perfect sense, and after all, it is just business.

Weird choice of player to attract since the games don’t play similarly. Giving Soldier recoil is 1 hero out of 32 (Well 2 with Bap).

What kind of idiot buys Overwatch thinking its like other fps games?

There are many i’ve argued with the last few days. So many. Look in my post history. “find on page” the word competitive, you’ll probably find all the conversations. And where the heck were you guys when I was arguing with these crazy people?

I don’t know if current Soldier is truly better or worse. However I do know that I will miss Halo Soldier.

1 Like

I really liked the BR in halo 3, wish they would make a character around a low recoil burst rifle like that.

1 Like

So they remove random spread and add recoil as a compensation nerf.

So by making a completely reasonable change to balance him to you’re telling me that their balancing to a potential problem was to attract business to help their game sell more.

Where did you get this from, most of the people I’ve met say it’s better since it removes RNG

Do you play console? Literally anyone Gold or Over can control the recoil.

Soilder is supposed to be a Vanilla FPS hero, stop complaining about how’s they’re making him something he was always supposed to be

Same, I am also a big fan of Reach’s DMR. Ashe is close to it but lacks the punch and feel.

They could have taken away his spread and just nerfed his damage.

They could have rewroked him in any number of interesting ways, like removing his aoe healing for the spread buff and giving him a tiny amount of lifesteal or something.

they could have given the man a jet pack, theyt could have made him a walking talking kitten with a gun.

They Added RECOIL. Like there isn’t ANY OTHER CHOICE, they want to act MORE like the other fps games. YES they did it to attract fps people, absolutely yes.

Man the timing for the dmr bloom is THE REASON i can’t play ashe today, thats crazy lol.

1 Like

I can’t argue with ignorance. You’re basis of argument is a conspiracy. 5G towers cause covid and the only reason they still exist is to increase internet speed. Same concept, different topic, equally stupid.

Im just gonna call out the fallacy and consider that you have nothing more to add. lol

You had no basis of argument to begin with. lol

Guess you don’t know how to read then. How are you typing these messages?

Like I said before, can’t argue with ignorance, I’ll let you take 3 guesses as to how I’m replying. Enjoy the mute, I’d rather not lose braincells to baseless conspiracies :slight_smile:

Its cool, man, Im only getting the message out on these boards, and twitter, or facebook, just for the chance for some kind of backlash to get soldier reverted. Really, its just business for me.

You are not require to reply or like what I have to say. About muting me…You can’t prove what im saying is wrong, so you get angry, can’t make any logical counter argument. I understand wholly why you’d want to withdraw, have a good day sir.

1 Like

This is an optimal change that honestly isnt related to CSGO or Valorant, and this is exactly the buff that restores Soldier to post-launch accuracy.

Um… Wouldn’t the “optimal” change be reducing soldier spread and not giving him recoil? He would have even higher accuracy if his reticle didn’t physically move on its own after shooting right?

Spread forces short controlled bursts which inhibits DPS numbers, and gives multiple instances of low/oneshot enemies to dodge and duck behind cover.

Given how generous favor the shooter is in this game, recoil guarantees fewer oneshot escapes, and gives Soldier a better niche over Bastion, Baptiste, and Widow.

Adapting to the changes will result in better Soldier across the board. Controlled spray is always better than RNG.

I get what you’re saying… But this is NOT the most optimal change. Having no recoil and no spread with the right damage is the most optimal for soldier. Maybe it isn’t for everyone else though.

That’s what it was at launch. It was macroable and the game was filled with trigger bots as a result.

This is the closest to getting to that. Additionally, the damage values are higher than launch.