The Soldier change is just business guys, don't take it personal

Like I have.

Aren’t we trying to attract those valorant and other fps players. These guys don’t want to change or learn new mechanics for this game so they won’t join. Blizzard needs a way in with these guys before overwatch 2 drops.

So sacrifices had to be made.

Many soldier mains don’t like the change, their enjoyment will be sacrificed.
Console players can hardly control the recoil, they will (of course) be sacrificed.
Players that physically can’t play the champ because they get sick will be neglected when the problem was mentioned multiple times on the experimental.
There were probably a few goats thrown in there.

Recoil watch 2020? sombra, ball, widow, tracer recoil in coming, or was soldier the only necessary sacrifice that will keep all those new csgo valorant players satisfied?

Well, if they do change all those champs, just remember, it’s just business guys.

3 Likes

i play on console bud and i consider it a buff, not having trouble with it

Awesome for you! 20 chars

thank you, it is a solid buff

im happy

I know this is talking about the recoil as a whole

But I’ve solely been concerned with

1. Console balance

2. The feel of the recoil

It feels legitimately terrible to have the screen shaking while firing.

Maybe they did that to convince me 76 is a portable bastion, but whatever the reason, that recoil itself needs adjusting if they plan to keep a recoil.

1 Like

Yeah a solid buff for you, a solid nerf for many. You’re one of the lucky ones.

This thread about the soldier change is melodramatic guys, don’t take it seriously

Soldier feels like crap on console and visually this sucks too

Maybe they took it personally when people said Soldier’s gun and Bastion’s recon gun were too similar

2 Likes

Alot of guys don’t like hearing the truth and will accuse me of being melodramatic, ignore those guys lol…

1 Like

Why would Blizzard want to attract players from an elimination based game

Money?

edit: maybe because they are better players than us and we need REAL competitive spirit in the game.

opinions = truths now I guess

Lets be real, you’re mad soldier got a change you don’t agree with so you justify your “anger” by saying its to attract players who play other games. No other player who plays another game will switch to overwatch just because soldier got a change to add recoil. Get over it.

The way I find it, unless you put in like thirty minutes to solely learn the recoil and practice everyday, you should just tap fire feels weird doing it but it usually works fine.

I am mad that soldier got change, I will never deny that. But to say this isn’t to help their image as a whole to the competitive shooter community is wrong, period.

How so? Do you honestly think they added recoil to attract CSGO or Valiant players? Or literally just to change how soldier works by removing randomness.

Yes, and many people that like the change also agree and think this is the real reason behind the changes.

Soldier wasn’t bad before the changes, but he needed something.

Soldier is THE fps character. So it makes sense to give soldier the recoil.

He is the first character most people will play. New fps players will play soldier and feel home with the recoil, believing the lie that Overwatch is like other fps games.

This was their intention and it makes perfect sense, and after all, it is just business.

Weird choice of player to attract since the games don’t play similarly. Giving Soldier recoil is 1 hero out of 32 (Well 2 with Bap).

What kind of idiot buys Overwatch thinking its like other fps games?

There are many i’ve argued with the last few days. So many. Look in my post history. “find on page” the word competitive, you’ll probably find all the conversations. And where the heck were you guys when I was arguing with these crazy people?

I don’t know if current Soldier is truly better or worse. However I do know that I will miss Halo Soldier.

1 Like

I really liked the BR in halo 3, wish they would make a character around a low recoil burst rifle like that.

1 Like