The return of brig, only 2 weeks to adapt

It’s the Genji meta, of course brig is being played, there aren’t a lot of supports that are playable against Genji

Ana is still more picken then brigitte.
And the meta is infested with genji so support go with the best character against him.

2 Likes

At this point it is not Brig being op, it is that she is dping well in the meta and that there is no reason to switch her for Lucio at the moment.

If the meta moved from double shield to Brawl or Dive, Lucio would be picked a lot mor ethan her again. Brig is no longer op and should not have to pay with all her utilityjust because the tanks hold the meta hostage.

Thats the direction theyre going with brig, higher damage, lower heals.

Theres a reason 2/3 of those are bottom tier picks rn

Brigs pickrate has actually risen since her nerfs. She was sitting around a 23% pickrate in GM, now she’s at 30% rivaling Ana. I can’t help but laugh at all the people who said she’s dead after repair pack was nerfed :joy: They just don’t learn… overreacting at the drop of a pin

What other hero is going to replace her right now? You don’t need Ana AND Bap, so they share the role between each other (though with Genji, Ana is still the favorite and remains the #1 picked hero overall). What’s left? Switching out Brig with Lucio when you play Rein?

Genji is super meta, so Zen has no place in the game right now (especially not when he gets 2 blades for every 1 transcendence which is denied by nano anyway). Moira is okay for being able to heal a lot and poke through shields but ultimately, she’s not as good at countering Genji anymore, nor is her lack of utility making her a good pick. And lastly… you have Mercy. Who you only really play in the current meta if you’re a Mercy one-trick.

So you tell me, how many nerfs does Brig need before she becomes completely useless just to replace her with something else? There are only 7 supports and I’d rather not have ANY of them be deleted from the game, thanks.

1 Like

It’s the fact that really is currently the best defensive ult and inspire is stronger than lucios heal and she still has more healing in top of that… she’s a powerful healer

But theyre going away from that

And brigs heal isnt as high as lucios, nor is the range as long, in the healing department lucio does more.

with brig the thing that boosts her is sustain.

I agree they have been nerfing her in completely the wrong direction.

“oh this HEALER is too powerful”

First thoughts, what is the first thing you should think about nerfing if a HEALER is too strong?

Idk boss, maybe her HEALING?

Holy s*** Jeff, stop coming up with good ideas or you’ll get fired.

1 Like

Again, where are you hearing this? it’s been nothing but nerfs. The only singular buff has been 50 extra HP on shield…

Yes, i never said she has been buffed did i?

The changes to symmetra back in the day were changes as well, not buffs

I’m trying to understand why you’re saying they’re making her into “higher damage, lower heals”

They’ve never increased her damage; they’ve lowered it over time :stuck_out_tongue:

She’s always been literally 2nd lowest damage per sec in game, right above Moira and right below Winston

The same way they did with Symmetra back in the day

They do it in gradual steps

step 1. Make their healing/support ability less prominent, IE her Armour packs are… meh level at best with the nerf now

step 2. increase her damage slightly, but not overpoweringly

step 3. rework the rest of her support capabilities to fit a dps hero

Now theyre inbetween steps 1 and 2,and wether they pull through with this, i reckon were gonna see some damage buffs soon, if not its gonna be healing nerfs or buffs again

Okay so you’re just speculating based on patterns they’ve shown dealing with Symmetra in past, lol

That’s what was confusing me, I thought you had some special secret knowledge about upcoming Brig patch or whatnot

(there’s someone around here who does give out secret upcoming info on Brig,

they told me she was about to get a handful of nerfs and a micro buff and I didn’t believe them, then 1 week later it came true)

I warn you, i am very proficient in stalking behind jeffs window

1 Like

She has received compensating buffs as well.
Whip shot got faster.
triple armor pack reserve
Slight shield revert
healing in inspire got better

Though yeah she has gotten more nerfs than buffs

Here’s a handy updated chart if anyone’s wondering exactly the nerfs and buffs

She is still the second if not the best support in the game… above 3500 SR.

But below that you cannot really make her work that easily as in a GM match with a somewhat good coordinated team.

Okay. This is basically her meta, and high pickrate at GM but lower below that indicates that she requires some skill now, yes? Yes. She can’t just armor people anymore.

For all yall saying removing Armor from Armor Pack was the wrong nerf, you couldnt be more wrong, and it only proves that yall dont understand what makes Brig so good.
It wasnt that removing Armor from Armor Pack was the wrong nerf, its that her entire kit is just so solid that it doesnt matter.
And it only proves how completely unnecessary and overkill Armor on Armor Pack was.
She has the best Support peel in the entire game.
Shes the only Support with 250hp and a 250hp Shield. Armor Pack, while nerfed, is still better than Zenyatta, and safer to use than Mercy.
Even after 20 nerfs, she is still a must-pick.
That should really tell yall something by now…