The real solution to Toxicity

Being avoided is one of the most rewarding things because I don’t have to use my precious 3 avoid slots. 10/10 times someone avoids me, I just crush them the following game.

Or maybe they make other heroes up to par so that people dont get tilted when they see an off meta pick

To fix toxicity, we need to fix humanity first. And the only way to do that is to remove individuality. Okay so it won’t be fun anymore, but the ends definitely justify the means.

The real solution is to focus on systems that reduce player frustration.

Apex is a good example of how to do that for the BR genre.

Overwatch could use more stress reducing systems, rather than just trying to cover up the symptoms. Go for the root cause.

1 Like

So instead of actually solving toxicity, you’re just suggesting we put it on an ignore list essentially; this is just a good idea as muting, which also doesn’t solve toxicity. Not a solution. Even with this idea, there are FAR more than even 100 people being toxic, so this wouldn’t even be enough with your logic. Most people don’t even use them to avoid toxicity, anyway.

Regarding potentially excessive queue times, why not just make it so if no match has been found after X minutes (e.g. 5?) then those avoided will be considered.

If you really need to avoid that many people, maybe you’re the toxic one.

1 Like

Well… there are millions of accounts… across the globe… playing at different times of the day… in different game modes… at different skill levels.

IF there were “millions of players” in YOUR queue, then you would never play with the same person twice… and we all know that isn’t even close to true.

Yeah I’m gonna need about 5000 of those.

or like… u could just NOT make the game suck.

ppl were so much happier before this game turned into a lame wannabe moba. “the rising tide of toxicity” stems almost entirely from crappy changes to the game.

That depends on what bracket you’re in. As you get higher up there are less and less. I think GM is something like 1% of the competitive player base.

I don’t see the logic here… have you played competitive lately?

How about this? A truly fair matchmaking? Or about the other thing… bann smurfs… no? It would help ALOT!

if all smurfs and boosters were instantly banned… it would be such a pleasant game

1 Like

Press X to doubt

1 Like

Well a good way to avoid toxicity is to cooperate with your team and if they have a problem with lets say your dps tell them they can play it if they can do better.

They will never do that again, solely because of what happened when we had a lot of freedom with avoids.

Bad players get avoided, but so will annoyingly good players, like the t500 widow main from the first few seasons.

It’s never going to happen.

you do realize avoid just keeps them from being on your team…not enemies

The best way to avoid toxicity is to play single player slash solitary games. Any game where you can play with millions of players. Going to lead to some forum of toxicty.

this wont solve anything. If you wanted a real solution play rainbow six siege. Easy-anti cheat and Battle-eye. In siege you get banned for saying blacklisted words in chat or close to words like that. If you cheat you will be caught and publicly shamed including people being boosted by cheaters.
The only thing more avoid slots will do is make it so queue times are longer and you can’t play with players you probably wont queue with ever again. The avoid as teammate feature will only work in like 3 games plat and below. Once you hit mid diamond you’ll begin to play with the same players and avoiding someone wont do anything unless they’re tilted.